Daniel Welbeck

Hmmm

no LVG got rid because Welbeck wanted to be an ST with more starts, which he was never good enough to be so Welbeck moved to Arsenal for the same thing.

which takes us here now rather than discussing his lack of goals / decision making / composure  , he is being praised now for his "work rate / contribution " 

as I said before he is a good link up player   But an ST he is not. 

Should just move LM and call it a day.

3 minutes ago, i5_PRODUCER said:

no LVG got rid because Welbeck wanted to be an ST with more starts, which he was never good enough to be so Welbeck moved to Arsenal for the same thing.

which takes us here now rather than discussing his lack of goals / decision making / composure  , he is being praised now for his "work rate / contribution " 

as I said before he is a good link up player   But an ST he is not. 

Should just move LM and call it a day.

keeping Welbeck as your mainman upfront would have been suicidal

you'd probably have crashed out of a mad easy CL group, and finished outside the CL spots at the end of the season :rofl:

Spoiler

in all seriousness the thought of Welbeck in red having to convert one of the 2 chances you lot make per game is depressing

• Upvote 1

lolsmh back to square 1 indeed

On 09/05/2016 at 10:57 PM, Zizouz said:

Welbeck at the bernabeu >>>>>

Welbeck in big games >>>>>>

Rashford just starting out, dunno how you can compare

we'll revisit this subject the day Rashford sees a big international tournament or the CL knockout stages *touch wood im still about* :lol: 

On 5/12/2016 at 5:39 AM, Zizouz said:

As for him not coming through under Wenger… Wenger took Cesc from Barca and turned him into the positionally-unware, big-game bottling, tactically inept liability he is today. Barca bought him back and realised this weren’t the boy who left them. So you’re right, Welbeck wouldn’t have become the player he is now under Wenger. Welbeck went to Madrid and put in a display to be proud of. Welbeck don’t get overawed by big-games or big tournaments. No way he’d have developed that mental side of the game, and that’s not even mentioning the tactical side of it. He’d have become a selfie-taking fuckboy, or if he was good enough a snake in a City shirt

I think your find Wenger knew Cesc was always those things... At Barcelona. It's what he liked... and yes he was good enough he become a selfie taking fuckboy snake in a blue shirt.

• Upvote 1

Welbeck is a better CF than Giroud and up top would hit good numbers for a full season. Him getting injured for a long period of time means he needs to buy better than Welbeck.

I'm not even arguing with Man Utd fans who wanna talk about strikers when they sold all their strikers who score and kept Wayne.

CF have to score goals, for this reason Giroud is better than Danny.

Welbeck makes us think he's better than Giroud, as he is better than Giroud in all his flaws.

But Welbeck only turns greedy when he plays with Sturridge otherwise if he's leading our line, Alexis, Walcott and Ozil all better be playing with him and hitting 20 each.

• Upvote 1

Zizouz I disagree regarding Simone, I don't think he sacrifices technical ability for his team at all.

I think he expects it regardless and is a good enough man motivator to instil his ethic throughout the entire squad.

A good example of that is the Saul goal against Bayern, a player who was put on the right that day but is naturally a defensive mid.

He still had the ability to dance around Bayern like Messi, and this is what I mean at the top tier of the game you need players with the ability who can make the difference or generally, you can't compete at the top.

Of course I know a machine needs cogs but in my team I wouldn't sacrifice 1 for the other, I want both to a degree ideally.

Kevin De Bruyne or Mata didn't have enough industry for Mourinho but Mourinho didn't sacrifice ability in his team, they have Willian and Pedro who have BOTH to a great degree.

This is why Van Gaal can get rid of Welbeck and Nani and Di Maria, because their talents are too 1 sided, Welbeck with industry and the latter 2 with tek.

1 hour ago, Cole Des said:

Zizouz I disagree regarding Simone, I don't think he sacrifices technical ability for his team at all.

I think he expects it regardless and is a good enough man motivator to instil his ethic throughout the entire squad.

A good example of that is the Saul goal against Bayern, a player who was put on the right that day but is naturally a defensive mid.

He still had the ability to dance around Bayern like Messi, and this is what I mean at the top tier of the game you need players with the ability who can make the difference or generally, you can't compete at the top.

Of course I know a machine needs cogs but in my team I wouldn't sacrifice 1 for the other, I want both to a degree ideally.

Kevin De Bruyne or Mata didn't have enough industry for Mourinho but Mourinho didn't sacrifice ability in his team, they have Willian and Pedro who have BOTH to a great degree.

This is why Van Gaal can get rid of Welbeck and Nani and Di Maria, because their talents are too 1 sided, Welbeck with industry and the latter 2 with tek.

lolsmh

wrote out a whole bunch and the page refreshed itself - all gone so pardon the rushed post below

Toney as for Simeone, I don't disagree completely. However, take into account the fact that Torres who goes on goal drought after goal drought, been playing more because of everything but his technique. Swear at one point he went 19 games or something without a goal. Same goes for Partey and Fernandez. All players he could quite easily upgrade for others with more technical ability.

Di Maria, you might be guilty of rewriting history there. At Real he was far from lazy. They were crazy to let him go. Only man in white to turn up in the CL final. Then again, you're the United fan so I can't comment on his time at you lot’s as you'd know better.

As for the Chelsea lads you mentioned, if you saw them today (which was atypical Pedro all season and Willian all his Chelsea career) you'd recant that glowing appraisal.  Pedro needs to be on the end of the move or he is straight chaos. Willian scored a bunch of freekicks that the GKs should have saved - continuing to play his 6.5/10 performances while the rest of the team played a 3. His inability to connect with teammates is what grates me. He’d be amazing if he had that in his locker. De Bruyne is incredibly talented. Outside of Hazard and Costa, I'm not seeing anyone else on his level in our team. He tore Bayern a new one shortly after leaving us. He was ready. Mourinho put the system and lesser players ahead of that talent. If we would have kept De Bruyne so much more would have had to have changed. Think we would have needed a new backline and partner for Matic. Easier to discard De Bruyne to make it work.

And Rafa had us playing with 8 defenders and Mata in a freerole pinging balls over the top to Torres/Ba. Otherwise Mata is a problem imo. But you acknowledged it too that his abilities fall too far on one side of the spectrum. My point is that Welbeck aint Cameron Jerome cause he's not that sort of extreme. Still links up well, has good movement and interplay. That and he’s much more intelligent on the pitch than your average workhorse. The evidence is his Euro 2012 and WC2014 appearances.

I'll never forget what happened to United after Nani's red

Soon as Welbeck gets moved out wide and they had more space

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/article/media_slots/photos/000/751/651/ModricGoal_original.gif?1362517843

and that's the sort of quality waiting at the Euros

As for wanting the best of both in a player, I don't think anyone would disagree with that. I'd like to know who you think has both for England though. You said the talent pool was decent. I'm not seeing many who wouldn't become an absolute liability once they come up against better players. Ali wowed me quite a few times this season. Same with Vardey and Kane. Outside of that though, I'm seeing guys who would be :ghost:

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...