OFFICIAL NYE 08/09 THREAD

spiderman

Mic Man, whats goin' on Dancehall side of things? I'm hearing Metro Media and Stone Love are over here this month. I know Stone Love played Stratty Rex NYE last year (big f*ckin sesshun) and Mighty Crown played there on Xmas Day (missed that), so I'm guessing similar running this year. You heard anything?
i haven't heard anything yet. Haven't seen any flyers either. Venues are a bit mad at the moment.There's guaranteed to be something at Rex- but don't know what.
What you mean by venues are a bit mad?

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am jealous of my mate.He has gone travelling for 3 months and will be on sydney habour bridge on NYE.As for me, probably some shitty club in central. Same old sh*t different year.
Thats nuts. I had a dream last night that I went to a party on NYE in Sydney and Giggs was performing. Took a picture and couldnt wait to post it on ViP2 cos it was so unexpected. I was thinking "f*ck, he has crossed-over big time".Madness lol
:lol:
I was proper tryna get the Opera House in the background of the pic cos I was worried people would say I'm gassin but there was something blocking me from getting the perfect shot.Why the f*ck was it in Sydney?

I am jealous of my mate.He has gone travelling for 3 months and will be on sydney habour bridge on NYE.As for me, probably some shitty club in central. Same old sh*t different year.
Thats nuts. I had a dream last night that I went to a party on NYE in Sydney and Giggs was performing. Took a picture and couldnt wait to post it on ViP2 cos it was so unexpected. I was thinking "f*ck, he has crossed-over big time".Madness lol
:lol:
I was proper tryna get the Opera House in the background of the pic cos I was worried people would say I'm gassin but there was something blocking me from getting the perfect shot.Why the f*ck was it in Sydney?
u know these man would break down the picture anway 'the reflection from the water bounces off the opera house at the wrong angle. PHOTOSHOP'etc.
Hahaha.

Mic Man, whats goin' on Dancehall side of things? I'm hearing Metro Media and Stone Love are over here this month. I know Stone Love played Stratty Rex NYE last year (big f*ckin sesshun) and Mighty Crown played there on Xmas Day (missed that), so I'm guessing similar running this year. You heard anything?
i haven't heard anything yet. Haven't seen any flyers either. Venues are a bit mad at the moment.There's guaranteed to be something at Rex- but don't know what.
What you mean by venues are a bit mad?
There only seem to be a few venues willing to hold Bashment events.Apart from La Fez (Which is too small anyway)- there is no venue i can think of which is capable of holding a big NYE event.west norwood snooker hall is ok, but security is TIGHT. strictly no under 25's

Didnt know what I was doing last year til the day itself. This has been standard since 2004. LOL @ making plans and buying tickets in advance for £35.f*ck NYE & Christmas, biggest hype ever. I force myself to make it feel like its something special. To me, its no different to December 22nd or April 12th.

haha cool, chockablocks are sick, altho hate watin till 4 in the mornin for grime lol
did you go to the last onewas very upsetting...
nah i didnt actually, dont think ive been to the last 2. last one i reached was d double jammer skepta etc. best one was, tempz and rage, flirta, bruza, lil nasty, ghetto. that night was too sick