THE TRAVEL THREAD

Lofa

Guest WAVESURFER
I know a few of you lot have been to New York and was wondering if you have a list or can recommend any good hotels. Looking to book it for next X-Mas or New Year (most likely New Year)Thanks in advance who does come up with the goods.
Sorry mate, I stayed with a friend, so hotels are not my area of expertise.

I know a few of you lot have been to New York and was wondering if you have a list or can recommend any good hotels. Looking to book it for next X-Mas or New Year (most likely New Year)Thanks in advance who does come up with the goods.
Stayed in the Sheraton right on Times Square.You'll see variances in prices totally dependent on location.We were in Manhatten all the time so it was ideal. Think it was cheap though cos this was during the high exchange rate period.

i just got back this morning. i stayed at the W, near grand central station so not far from times Sq. thats a very good one.you also have Le-sofitel, marriot, sheraton, and a good YMCA type one i cant remember the name!its all down to the usual stuff like budget and location. The closer u are to Times sq the more expensive, and hotels in Manhattan are gonna cost more than anywhere else. Your best bet is to look on Expedia and tripadvisor cos you can see what u can afford and get good reviewsfrom others who have stayed there. If you're comfortable with rooms for $150/night+ then look into the ones i mentioned above.with hotels at least the earlier you book you save a bit more. Even though ive been NY many times i still always check out expedia and trip advisor just to get inside info about anything i should know about the hotel.Hotels nr times sq are 'downtown' and the midtown hotels are cheaper and not far from times sq. just note that times sq is not really the only main place to shop so dont be too eager to look at times Sq hotels, unless you're just going for few days then u might as well be near where u can get all your shopping done around you. you can get good 3* hotels like holiday inn and marriot inn, for good prices / night also in Manhattan.

Dubai - Talk to meWhat do I have to do / visit thereWhere's good to stay at a reasonable priceIs the weather good around this time of year Jan / FebHow much am I looking to spend for a week
4* hotel over there is luxury and you can get 4* for decentish price marriot i wentweather is bakin all yrcost of livinbg there aint even that much you can eat out cheapilytbh i wouldnt go there its jus a man made vegas kind of place, no culturedepends what u like tho

Anyone been to Dominican Republic?Me and the missus want to go for like 10-14 days but prices for flight and hotel are quite steep. Looking at like £750-800 for all inclusive 4 star. I think even a half board is like £700. But from what the wife is telling me, the people she knows that have been said it was a really nice place to go. Looking to hit around July times.Someone holla at me and let me know what the deal is.

Anyone been to Dominican Republic?Me and the missus want to go for like 10-14 days but prices for flight and hotel are quite steep. Looking at like £750-800 for all inclusive 4 star. I think even a half board is like £700. But from what the wife is telling me, the people she knows that have been said it was a really nice place to go. Looking to hit around July times.Someone holla at me and let me know what the deal is.

Cheers on the help for New York, found some deals through Virgin with their "Last Minute" offers,3.5 star hotel - Hotel MelaCentrally located in Midtown Manhattan, in the heart of Times Square and Broadway. Valet parking available (local charge approx $48 per 24 hours)3 nights £485 per person, during March.

A villa you know. Good look. I spent just over £2k in 2 weeks and I didn't shop. I also didn't go out or didn't go VIP on about 4 night. Clearing my inbox now... It's ridiculous that it doesn't even tell you it's full.
There are 8 of us, so price will be coolhttp://www.holiday-rentals.co.uk/p2027782k you know

It says it sleeps 6??It looks very nice. Chicks will love it. Go to the beach in the day, drop the English accent, meet chicks, tell them to come pre-drink at the condo.... Done. It's walking distance from a lot of clubs too as it looks like it's on 5th and Collins. Although I never walked anywhere coz it was too hot and I'd be sweating when I got there.