locks

Nola D

Do any of you have dreadlocks? I recently locksed my hair and im feelin it tbh took it back to my roots (although my hair has always been natural lol)If any of you do have locks how long have u had em? wots the maintainence like etc?

i have d-locksthere quite safe and hard to break
u been growin them for long
dreads are sick (if they suit you). bare maintenence tho and long growin them.
yeh they suit me actually, my hair aint fully locked at the ends yet tho

I've always told myself I'll do it when I get much older. Theres one woman I work with who's got them and they suit her so much...really pretty woman.I'm sure Shyone has got locks now.
Wouldnt be suprised u know...But yeah I have dreadlocks.

Guest WAVESURFER

[e-40]I AIN'T GOT NONE BUT I'M PLANNIN ON GROWIN SOME[/e-40]Nah, but seriously, if you're white & you've got dreads, you should just kill yrself.

im doin it right now, started in mid septembergrowin, but takin time to actually locs up, hairs to soft, so im havin to keep twistin an twistinreally not feelin goin hair dressers with it, cos i jus dont like the hairdressers tbh

Locksed up in Oct 07.They look nice now, especially when styled.Maintenance is cool, £ though. I don't do my own hair, strictly hair appointments.Right now i'm guessing you're on the 4 week re-twist stage? When they start forming you'll need to go every 5-6 weeks. Where do you get them done? Morris Roots?Standard procedure to maintain them is just Spray with the sheen, generous amount all over and scalp, then finish with oil sheen . Morriss Roots products are good, £6 a piece.

all black people's hair will turn to dreads if they dont comb or wash it
Lol yeah, something like what he said, truth with a hint of insult
1 persons hair might do it in a day, others it might literally take years, of not washin an combing

Dad's had them 22 years still
not washin is a myth!! All you need to do is not comb your hair.Black peoples hair aint a greasy as white peoples hair anyway so we dont have to wash it every other day like some white peeps I know.But llow not washin at all :blink: