Summer Speculation topic

HangTheDJ

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steven Defour is meant to be really good, can't really comment due to the lack of coverage.

From another source, Gallas is going to Marseille, Sebastien Bassong is coming from Newcastle to replace him. Bassong, 22, is French and joined Newcastle from Metz last summer, signing till 2011. Both deals are done.From the famous Myles Palmerhttp://www.arsenalnewsreview.co.uk/index.p...nt01returnid=42

Richardson is deffo a top 6 player, just needs to stay fit.

Guest LucaPiano

Big players = Big personailites/ego's If you got a manager that's never handled high calibure players then he will fail and they will leave within their first year and underperform its like a dog really, its lke Martin O'neil buying a great dane and being wlked down the road

Its a shame about alliadiere he actually is a cripple one of those footballers who willl walk with a limp when there caeers are overhis knees are f*ckED always flat footed now

this summer is gonna be massive for us, it will show our intentions long termbarry is gone, but i wont begrudge him the move as he gave us this year which he owed us, plus our midfield needs freshening up anywayare we gonna replace him with proven quality? are we gonna sign players to put other players under pressure?or are we gonna sign more decent/good premier league playerswe need a centre mid, centre forward, winger and a defender of some sort.defour, vagner love/owen, kightly/downing and onuoha/hangeland would be ideal

i reckon his future long term probably is through the middle, but no way can we start next season with him thereif we signed a top forward who can link the play between midfield and attack i wouldnt be against nige coming back into the middle, cos barry and petrov are too exposed in a 4-4-2, we miss nige's legs in midfield.

Do you think the sale of Barry would be good for us?I do, we have two very similar players in the centre.. Petrov & Barry ain't the most athletic players, but they like to slow the tempo down but not play the ball forward.. which is good if one player does this , that's why Barry was regarded as very important to us because he did this for us last season.. but this season petrov does this AND gets stuck in.... unlike Barry.... the problem is that we have two players that are to similar .. instead of moving the ball forward they move it sideways... where now, we are lacking in a flair player like defour ..... one thing i'd like MON to do is sign a big powerful midfielder because we lack the height in the middle of the park and a powerful presence, . your right about the signings we may go for.. and i'd be happy with the ones you've mentioned.

It's a mix of the lack of legs and our strikers don't come deep enough, we need a forward who can link the play.We need a hero, someone who is willing to carry the weight of fans expectation on their shoulders.When the chips are down we need someone to step up and take the game by the scruff of the neck and get something for us - rather than aimlessly smashing it to the left wing and hoping Ashley can pull a rabbit out of the hat ala Everton.The Chelsea game is the match that sticks in the mind, we needed something, the ball falls to Barry on the volley on his left foot and he never really looked like he was gonna score.You just know Gerrard/Van Persie/Ronaldo/Lampard/Arteta/Robbie Keane etc would have smashed that in.I dunno whether it's Defour or Vagner Love but we're lacking that. We've lacked the talisman since Dwight left.Merson was class but inconsistant and aging. Juan Pablo was a nice bloke and a Villa man but never suited to the Premier League. John is top draw on his day but he's only fit 20 games a season.We've been in the position where we almost do something so many times over the last 20 years and then we f*ck it up. I'm desperate for it to be different under Randy and MON though and we'll find out this Summer.