Summer Speculation topic

HangTheDJ

we need a squad, plus ashley could play off the front manand if barry goes we need a left foot

Friedel,Young, Laursen*, Davies, Bouma,Petrov,Milner, Defour, Young,Love, Carew

*Laursen unfortunately can't be relied upon, so Hangeland and Cuellar to battle it out.Carew has his injury troubles too, so Downing could easily come in for him and Young play off the front.Or Young on the right and Downing left and Milner out.I think it would give our squad a nice balance and we could actually compete on 3/4 fronts instead of f*ck*ng sacrificing the cups.Not happening though, although all of them (bar love) are "MON players" and we've been interested in them before.He's impossible to predict we'll get signings no one would have expected.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I HATE it when they use DUMB reasoning for why Ribery might leave, syaing he has extended his Nike contract and Bayern and an Adidas team. Its f*ck*ng riduculous.That would never, and had never influenced a players decision to leave or anything of the sort. SMH./Would love to sell the greasy c*nt and get the rib in for half the money.
shockin. r u sure.

we need a squad, plus ashley could play off the front manand if barry goes we need a left foot

Friedel,Young, Laursen*, Davies, Bouma,Petrov,Milner, Defour, Young,Love, Carew

*Laursen unfortunately can't be relied upon, so Hangeland and Cuellar to battle it out.Carew has his injury troubles too, so Downing could easily come in for him and Young play off the front.Or Young on the right and Downing left and Milner out.I think it would give our squad a nice balance and we could actually compete on 3/4 fronts instead of f*ck*ng sacrificing the cups.Not happening though, although all of them (bar love) are "MON players" and we've been interested in them before.He's impossible to predict we'll get signings no one would have expected.

I just cant see Downing signing for a team were one of his main rivals (for england) is playing for and settle for a rotation place especially seeing as it will cost around 15mill to sign him

Guest M12 Part 2

i have a mad feeling to just say have faith in our current squad.if i was to nitpick i would say another striker on the assumption tevez is leaving, but welbs and macheda should just be forced to sink/swim or bring in an experienced striker like the season we had larsson just as another option.other areas which arguably need strengthening are right back but again i think with a fully fit wes brown and danny simpson back there is no pressing need for it.nani needs to be replaced but he could still come good next year or maybe even tosic could step up.the squad at the moment is hard bodied and if no1 leaves i cant see a pressing need to being any1 in unless they are SICK

was cos of our formation as soon as macheda came on carrick started dominating and fletcher was winning balls all over the gaffewe are defo best with 1 up and 1 dropping into midfield(tevez) instead of giggs doing i dont know what he was doing therebut saying that if anderson has a good pre season he should be live... olympics kinda f*cked him up this season

Ribery will be welcome although it better not be because Ronaldos going, hard to imagine us without Ronnie now. And if Ronnie did stay where does that leave Park, Nani and Tosic. The Squad seems very crowded to me now for next season that's without taking into consideration any Injuries.

Guest M12 Part 2
what about a cm or two?barry bossed the game today, with relative easeno one got tight to him, guess you were missing hargreaves & scholes though
hargreaves,anderson,carrick,fletcher should be enough i think. maybe bring in 1 more, especially as i think Scholes is in decline. he gets caught on the ball and plays wayward passes so much more than he used to

what about a cm or two?barry bossed the game today, with relative easeno one got tight to him, guess you were missing hargreaves & scholes though
hargreaves,anderson,carrick,fletcher should be enough i think. maybe bring in 1 more, especially as i think Scholes is in decline. he gets caught on the ball and plays wayward passes so much more than he used to
Let's not forget Giggs fills in at times there aswell now and Possebon once in a blue moon. I agree though maybe bring 1 solid Mid in, Someone like Diego.

Guest M12 Part 2
Let's not forget Giggs fills in at times there aswell now and Possebon once in a blue moon. I agree though maybe bring 1 solid Mid in, Someone like Diego.
i left out possebon because i dont really think its sensible to expect him to play a dominant role in central midfield, his next season will be like Welbeck's this season. I dont expect him to do much more than fill in here and there and just be allowed to develop and show his potential. Also i dont think a big name established central midfielder is needed tbh. not for now anyway

Maicon linked with Chelsea, his agent is pushing this one.
Chelsea r diks i swear. they already got a sik RB. any else think its jk that they sold Robben n SWP n both r lookn sik in their new teams.
Robben wanted to leave
yh coz he werent gettin enough games like swp.
Because robben was injured most of the time, he was injured when Real brought him. More time when he was fit he started.

MANCHESTER UNITED have made Bosnian striker Edin Dzeko a potential £12million target to replace Carlos Tevez.67848_1_dzeko.jpgAnd even if Argentina’s Tevez finally completes a £32m move to Old Trafford, Sir Alex Ferguson could still pursue his interest in Dzeko, 23. The Tevez situation still appears to be deadlocked, with his loan period ending next month. But Fergie insisted: “I’m not discussing his future.” But in the meantime, United are eyeing Dzeko who has become one of the most wanted players in Europe. He has been a big success in Germany’s Bundesliga with Wolfsburg and is currently the top European scorer in the World Cup qualifying campaign, with seven goals for Bosnia-Herzegovina. Dzeko scored three times in Bosnia’s recent two matches against Belgium and in all has scored 12 goals in 17 matches for his country. His exciting form has also attracted interest from Arsenal, Portsmouth, Blackburn and Sunderland in the Premier League, plus Alex McLeish’s promotion-chasing Birmingham. Dzeko’s valuation has doubled in the last few months and United would be favourites to sign him if they step up their interest.

We heard the same vicious rumours about Ledley last year mate and hes on course to surpass 30 games this season. I wouldnt believe ITK's atm. Abeit they are 2 totally different situations, but i wouldnt bet against seeing Laursen starting for you at the begginning of 09/10.

Morning reports linked David Villa with a £45 million move to Chelsea. He has since squashed reports by saying

Valencia striker David Villa has again dismissed renewed speculation linking him with a move to England by insisting he wants to see out his six-year contract with the club.Villa and his agent have continually rejected reports he is set for a move to the Barclays Premier League, indeed his representatives suggest the Spain international is far from keen on leaving his homeland.Whilst Real Madrid and Barcelona keep a watching brief on his situation, it is Chelsea and Manchester City who are known to be keenest.And press reports in England have further increased speculation about the Spaniard, with Chelsea reportedly keen to seal a £40million deal.But Villa has again responded by insisting he wants to see out the six-year deal he only signed with Valencia last August."Rumours do not affect me because to tell the truth I am expecting them, I am not influenced by them," he told AS."The club has not informed me about anything other than the six-year they wanted me to fulfil on my contract - they say just forget it and concentrate on the sport."If something comes, it will be discussed but now it is a waste of time."I get tired of answering the same thing."Valencia are currently fifth in La Liga and as it stands would not be in next season's Champions League, but Villa again insists that will not have a bearing on his future - although he is only thinking about making the top four."If the landscape changes on a professional level, our decisions won't because I want to stay," he continued."We all know what it means if we go a year without the Champions League, so we want to reach the fourth place."Nothing is going through my mind over than reaching the first four."He was then asked would he be in Valencia in September, he replied: "I don't look at September, as I am here for the next six years."Unless some from the club says otherwise, and repeat this has not happened, then I am here for six years."Valencia could yet be forced to sell Villa and other prized assets, as their off-field problems mount, with reported debts of near £500million.But Villa insists the squad try not to focus on the non-playing matters at the club."The players try to isolate themselves from those things," he continued."We go to work and when we talk about the issues at the club, the only thing that can be a relief for us is when we play on a Sunday."Even during bad times, we try and stay focused."
I still wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at Barcelona. Valencia need to offload big time! They've been able to secure a £50million bank loan to pay the wages for the squad and staff but it is not enough.

LOL @ being in 200 million debt though.
And this is why certain ppl shouldnt be bank managers tbh. How can they allow that?Surely someones meant to say at the first few million "How do you plan to pay this back?"And people that get out a loan to pay for a loan = 1 step forward, 3 steps back.

LOL @ being in 200 million debt though.
And this is why certain ppl shouldnt be bank managers tbh. How can they allow that?Surely someones meant to say at the first few million "How do you plan to pay this back?"And people that get out a loan to pay for a loan = 1 step forward, 3 steps back.
They were expecting to sell the Mestalla in oeder to help pay for the new one they built. That was until the collapse of the Spanish real estate market.Now they're left with 2 stadiums, one the can't sell.