them cult players

Lurker

Ok. Lol at because Baresi didnt play in England... Effectively this is like comparing Cannaravo or Maldini to Ledley King... Infact iit is exactly like that.
1) I said McGrath was world class and the best in the country. This is England. "If not the best in Europe".2) Baresi was retired from international football and in his late 30's when McGrath was in his best form for Ireland and Villa and the best defender in the country.Stop tryna twist my words./The best player in the Premier League for one season, and he was a centre half.Regarded by most as Irelands greatest ever player.Aston Villa, a club that won the European cup in the last 25 years, greatest ever player.But he wasn't world class? Don't talk shite.
JJ, you better than this. McGrath won a league cup medal at Villa, thats probably all he won in his career too, dont act like Villa was winning or even chalenging for the European Cup in McGrath's years, like I said McGrath = Ledley King.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We finished second.We were sh*t.It was mainly down to him, our greatest ever player.We are a club that has won 7 league titles and a European Cup.Our greatest ever player didn't win much with us, but that is the point. Despite our glory in previous years he's still our ebst ever.Yet people are tryna say he isn't world class.

Guest LucaPiano

Mgrath was good because Sir Alex was going to buy him but he failed a medical i think, he had one great season but dont think we can compare him with Baresi even the Irish will admit that the best ever centre back they've seen was David O'Leary followed closely by Mick McCarthy.

Mgrath was good because Sir Alex was going to buy him but he failed a medical i think, he had one great season but dont think we can compare him with Baresi even the Irish will admit that the best ever centre back they've seen was David O'Leary followed closely by Mick McCarthy.
ding ding ding, we have a winner...
all about adding the person with the most clueless comment each game week into the clueless club then the most clueless guys join tronics special club.

Guest LucaPiano

oh right he played for united then, didnt even know not my era unlike certian man im not beggin a guy when i wasnt even born and chanting him on terraces, go ding ding youself

What was he doing in '94 when McGrath was deadding Baggio and Italy?If he was even about then.
Wasn't a good World Cup for Baresi that year. Got injured in the 2nd group game, didn't return until the final where he missed a pen and walked away with a runners up medal.But his domestic honours was better that year. He won the Italian Super Cup, European Super Cup, Serie A title and the European Cup.McGrath was good but you've pushed it a bit too far in this thread.LOL @ Tulse.

ding ding ding, we have a winner...
all about adding the person with the most clueless comment each game week into the clueless club then the most clueless guys join tronics special club.
:lol: shockin.

How have I taken it "too far"?Greatest Villa player of all time - yep.World class - yep.Best player in the country at the time (has the award to prove it) - yep.
When you mentioned Europe and World Class.Its a shame about his alcohol problems and his dodgy knees because if things was different you probably wouldn't even have to argue/debate with anyone about this.

Not going to lie, Atouba used to give me some scary moments. Especially when he was in his own area doing tricks and sh*t, nearly had a heart attack. Does not give a sh*t about ANYTHING
I remember once Robbo was chewing his ear off about not clearing the ball - man just plainfaced him, laughed then fanned him off.Some barefaced dude

Mcgrath was worlf class top 5 selected at the time....

What was he doing in '94 when McGrath was deadding Baggio and Italy?If he was even about then.
baresi was about in 94 and his performance in the final was monumental shame he flopped the pen otherwise it would have been remembered as one of the best defensive displays in a world cup match ever
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">not to take owt away from mcgrath tho certified ledge

remember staying up late to watch that f*ck*ng masterclass