Premier League Week 36 + Old Firm Derby

Saturday, 9 May 2009Blackburn v Portsmouth, 15:00Bolton v Sunderland, 15:00Everton v Tottenham, 15:00Fulham v Aston Villa, 15:00Hull v Stoke, 15:00 West Brom v Wigan, 15:00 West Ham v Liverpool, 17:30Sunday, 10 May 2009Arsenal v Chelsea, 16:00 Man Utd v Man City, 13:30 Monday, 11 May 2009Newcastle v Middlesbrough, 20:00

Rangers v Celtic Venue: Ibrox Stadium Date: Saturday 9 May Kick-off: 1230 BST Coverage: BBC Radio Scotland & BBC Sport website. Online highlights available from 1800 BST on Sunday. Celtic captain Stephen McManus will miss Saturday's Old Firm derby at Ibrox because of a knee injury. The visitors are also without suspended midfielder Scott Brown but Barry Robson has returned to training after a lengthy lay-off. Rangers centre-back Madjid Bougherra returns after serving a ban. However, left-back Sasa Papac and right-back Kirk Broadfoot have not recovered from injury in time to face their rivals for the league title. The former St Mirren defender has been suffering from a foot injury that has kept him out for two months. Rangers midfielders Barry Ferguson and Lee McCulloch are missing through injury, while forwards Kyle Lafferty and Kenny Miller are pushing for places after appearing as substitutes against Hearts. With McManus ruled out, Glenn Loovens is certain to partner Gary Caldwell in central defence, with Marc Crosas and Paul Hartley continuing in the heart of Celtic's midfield. Striker Georgios Samaras returns after missing last week's game against Aberdeen with a thigh problem. Rangers manager Walter Smith: "I don't think there is any getting away from the fact it's a vitally important game for both the teams if they hope to win the championship. "But you always have to keep in mind that you have to show respect for the games you have left as well. "From our point of view, we would hope to take advantage of a home game in the manner that Celtic did with their two games (against us) at the end of last season. "Celtic have won the championship for the last three years so they've not had all their players available to them all that time. "They've managed to cover for the loss of players through injury, suspension or whatever and still go on to win a championship so they've shown that they have that capability of covering for the loss of their players. "Scott Brown's played exceptionally well for them this year. He has been a regular in their team and they may miss him but they still have shown that they can cover for it." Celtic manager Gordon Strachan: "Like every game, it has relevance; every game is a turning point. If we win, we'll have an advantage until the next game. Likewise for Rangers until their next game. "I wouldn't think my team will surprise you - but I can't speak for Walter Smith. "It's all about the players, really, which it has been for the last 100 years. Good players win games. "A good player won the game at Ibrox last time with a cracking goal from Scott McDonald. And Pedro Mendes scored a cracking goal earlier in the season which won the game for them. "Glenn Loovens has been a top, top player for us - a fantastic signing. It's just unfortunate that he is against one of Scotland's best players this year, Gary Caldwell, and the Scotland and Celtic captain in Stephen McManus." Rangers (from): Alexander, Dailly, McCulloch, Weir, Whittaker, Davis, Mendes, Edu, S Smith, Lafferty, Boyd, Velicka, Miller, McGregor, Novo, Little, Wylde, Bougherra. Celtic (from): Boruc, Hinkel, Loovens, Caldwell, Naylor, Nakamura, Hartley, Crosas, Robson, Samaras, McGeady, Vennegoor of Hesselink, McDonald, Mark Brown, O'Dea, Flood, McCourt, Ferry. This season: Celtic 2-4 Rangers, Rangers 0-1 Celtic, Celtic 0-0 Rangers. REFEREE Craig Thomson

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a dream we beat Arsenal 3-2 put almost my whole seasons gambling allowance on it.need to make my money backmight put everything i have on a 1-1 chelsea/arsenal scoreline

West Ham win, and we'll batter City tommorow./For the gamblers, I had a dream Anderson scored the winner in a 2-1 win against City. Im gonna put a fiver on.(even reckon i know what end it will be scored at, hmmmm)
Guy probably won't get played tomorrow now aswell lol

streams for spurs game?

What happened then? I read on Sky Sports Barry and Milner linked up on the right crossed it, Carew flicked it on to Young and Goal? Thought the FPL was robbing me of Points.
i aint seen a replay but i thought it was carew and milner linked up and milner whipped it in
FFSHull are going down.The Geordies are sooooo f*ckin lucky...
inittheyll win one of their 2 home games and itll be enough to keep em up