Haye v Valuev

The King

11pm Haye is speaking. "Today is a dream come true," he says. "I damaged my right hand in the second or third round so I had to take my foot off the gas and use my head to win rounds. Hitting [Valuev] was like hitting a brick wall, it's the hardest thing I've ever hit. I'm pretty sure I've broken my hand. Tonight I'm going to party all night!"

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look let me explain somethingin the amateurs boxing is about volume of punches and shots landedin pro boxing its a different storyits about QUALITY OF PUNCHES valuev landed no quality punches on haye, he threw slapsthe judges were american, spanish, mexican. i dont know about the spanish but the american and mexican will always favour SLICK boxers who are clearly masters of their craft. this is of course secondary to telling punches landed etc. hayes footwork, head movement and gameplan were impeccable. he boxed like a master and at 30 he still has at least 5 years at his peak, it is gonna be great to see him grow into a great, stylish heavyweight.i dont know i u lot want another lewis but, as good as he was, i dont. id rather see slick footwork, feints and combos than clinching, leaning, chopping and jabbing - lewis was a master but give me haye any day no homo no bars.also what is all this gas about "in germany" the judges were not german. stop repeating what u hear idiot commentators on UK tv say. rather than hating haye for playing it clever we should congratulate him because now carl "the cobra" froch will hopeully fade into obscurity with the painul memories of ricky fatton.uk got some great prospects - bellew, theophane, cleverly, gavin, degale etc etc etc.. its gonna be great in a few years. slick boxers not brawlers.

reading this thread after i seen the fight is jokesyou man were whatlessshould of been a unanimous decision, in the middle of the fight haye got sloppy but apart from that he caught him nicely too many times to lose.

Look let me explain somethingin the amateurs boxing is about volume of punches and shots landedin pro boxing its a different storyits about QUALITY OF PUNCHES valuev landed no quality punches on haye, he threw slapsthe judges were american, spanish, mexican. i dont know about the spanish but the american and mexican will always favour SLICK boxers who are clearly masters of their craft. this is of course secondary to telling punches landed etc. hayes footwork, head movement and gameplan were impeccable. he boxed like a master and at 30 he still has at least 5 years at his peak, it is gonna be great to see him grow into a great, stylish heavyweight.i dont know i u lot want another lewis but, as good as he was, i dont. id rather see slick footwork, feints and combos than clinching, leaning, chopping and jabbing - lewis was a master but give me haye any day no homo no bars.also what is all this gas about "in germany" the judges were not german. stop repeating what u hear idiot commentators on UK tv say. rather than hating haye for playing it clever we should congratulate him because now carl "the cobra" froch will hopeully fade into obscurity with the painul memories of ricky fatton.uk got some great prospects - bellew, theophane, cleverly, gavin, degale etc etc etc.. its gonna be great in a few years. slick boxers not brawlers.
Gassin when you said Americans favour the slicker boxers tbh. Yanks traditionally prefer the aggressor and hate anti-boxing tactics. You speak about foreign judges but look at when Robin Reid fought Sven Ottke and got robbed out there. Those would have been international judges as well, being that it was a world championship fight.You have to beat the champion, it is always difficult to get the decision against the champion whilst boxing on the back foot, especially in his back yard.Haye was the better fighter, but he was lucky to get the decision. Many of the middle rounds could have been scored either way. In the champions home country, those usually get scored for the champ.Nicky Piper, Glen McCrory thought he was lucky and Jim Watt scored it against him.

WTF are you on about, haye did jack all in the fight. All he was doing was throwing a few combos and getting out and running around the ring. If its all about quality of punches, how the f*ck did froch beat dirrell...dirrell landed the better punches and froch was hittin air the whole fight. Froch was getting schooled the whole fight and only won because he was the aggressor, exactly what valuev was doing. Most of the announcers had it for valuev as well.Also, the only UK prospects are kell brook and nathan cleverly...how can you say theophane is a prospect, he's sh*t, if you lose to chop chop you aint no prospect...and f*ck all of the olympians.

Gassin when you said Americans favour the slicker boxers tbh. Yanks traditionally prefer the aggressor and hate anti-boxing tactics. You speak about foreign judges but look at when Robin Reid fought Sven Ottke and got robbed out there. Those would have been international judges as well, being that it was a world championship fight.You have to beat the champion, it is always difficult to get the decision against the champion whilst boxing on the back foot, especially in his back yard.Haye was the better fighter, but he was lucky to get the decision. Many of the middle rounds could have been scored either way. In the champions home country, those usually get scored for the champ.Nicky Piper, Glen McCrory thought he was lucky and Jim Watt scored it against him.
It wasn't in his back yard, valuev's from russia. Russia and Germany are not allies they are rivals.How am I gassing about the judges, i think you missed my point. I was comparing hayes technical style to valuev's complete lack of style, as in valuev does not even turn into his punches, show any head movement or any technical boxing ability. Of course the judges will favour the technical ability of haye to that of valuev and if u disagree we were watching a different fight.

WTF are you on about, haye did jack all in the fight. All he was doing was throwing a few combos and getting out and running around the ring. If its all about quality of punches, how the f*ck did froch beat dirrell...dirrell landed the better punches and froch was hittin air the whole fight. Froch was getting schooled the whole fight and only won because he was the aggressor, exactly what valuev was doing. Most of the announcers had it for valuev as well.Also, the only UK prospects are kell brook and nathan cleverly...how can you say theophane is a prospect, he's sh*t, if you lose to chop chop you aint no prospect...and f*ck all of the olympians.
i never said haye threw alot of punches. my exact point was that it is not about throwing alot of punches, it is about the quality of punches thrown. valuev threw no quality punches whereas the few that haye did throw (when landed) did hit valuev on the chin and were not just jabs.i think like prophet u must have been watching a different fight or your a f*ck*ng dunce. dirrell landed more than froch but dirrell never hurt froch and he never commited to any punches until late in the fight. plus if you actually think froch deserved that victory you are living on the moon. it was a complete robbery and dirrell should have had his hand raised that day. its widely accepted that froch dirrell was a farce of a result.if thats what you think about the UK prospects then thats fine, ur welcome to ur opinion. obviously its an uninformed and incorrect opinion but i am happy to allow u to revel in your own stupidity if it makes u happy.

i never said haye threw alot of punches. my exact point was that it is not about throwing alot of punches, it is about the quality of punches thrown. valuev threw no quality punches whereas the few that haye did throw (when landed) did hit valuev on the chin and were not just jabs.i think like prophet u must have been watching a different fight or your a f*ck*ng dunce. dirrell landed more than froch but dirrell never hurt froch and he never commited to any punches until late in the fight. plus if you actually think froch deserved that victory you are living on the moon. it was a complete robbery and dirrell should have had his hand raised that day. its widely accepted that froch dirrell was a farce of a result.if thats what you think about the UK prospects then thats fine, ur welcome to ur opinion. obviously its an uninformed and incorrect opinion but i am happy to allow u to revel in your own stupidity if it makes u happy.
no my point is that your saying that you have to land quality punches to win a fight, but froch didnt land any significant punches during the whole fight but still won, so how did that happen....im guessin because he was the aggressor and controlling the centre of the ring like valuev. I actually thought that dirrell won the fight and he also had him rocked in the 11th. It also wasn't a robbery, it was just a close fight, some people actually gave it to froch...Also you are sucking off the nuts of sky and believing all the hype that frank warren is spouting... do you actually think gavin will win a title or degale getting a belt in smw...if you do, you are one deluded man.

no my point is that your saying that you have to land quality punches to win a fight, but froch didnt land any significant punches during the whole fight but still won, so how did that happen....im guessin because he was the aggressor and controlling the centre of the ring like valuev. I actually thought that dirrell won the fight and he also had him rocked in the 11th. It also wasn't a robbery, it was just a close fight, some people actually gave it to froch...Also you are sucking off the nuts of sky and believing all the hype that frank warren is spouting... do you actually think gavin will win a title or degale getting a belt in smw...if you do, you are one deluded man.
yes and im saying that IMO the Judges came to the WRONG decision in the Froch fight which is why there has been so much of an uproar about the result. that judgement is by no means a benchmark on how boxing matches should be judged - that, in my opinion, is why the results of the 2 bouts were different despite having similar (not the same) scenarios.and i didn't watch it on sky, i watched it on PPV as i live in NYC now. I havent watched Sky in years and never had it when I was in the Uk either, im basing my optimism about UK fighters based on what ive personally seen - so if you disagree then fine by me, i aint losing sleep over it.but bellew is better than cleverly.

It wasn't in his back yard, valuev's from russia. Russia and Germany are not allies they are rivals.How am I gassing about the judges, i think you missed my point. I was comparing hayes technical style to valuev's complete lack of style, as in valuev does not even turn into his punches, show any head movement or any technical boxing ability. Of course the judges will favour the technical ability of haye to that of valuev and if u disagree we were watching a different fight.
From you said it isnt in his back yard, theres something very wrong. Even if you didnt know he fights out of Germany (may even live and train there), why do you think they would randomly fight there? This aint Rumble in the Jungle or Thrilla in Manilla. Them things dont happen anymore. You should know all the eastern block fighters are adopted Germans.They cant judge it majority on technical ability, that would be foolish and this isnt Strictly Come Dancing. There are more factors to winning the round; volume of punches, quality of punches landed, commanding the round etc. at the judges discretion. Haye didnt outright do any of that. Many of the rounds lacked action, meaning it could have been given to the aggressor
Haye put in a sick performanceno1 has rocked valuev like that and it was with his left, his weaker handhaye = the most exciting heavyweight since mike tyson, SNM
Not as outrageous as it looks. Most exciting heavyweight champion definitely