The Gym Topic

Flojo

Question do you man continue the fast at weekends?

How long does it take to get over the "weak" feeling from not eating?

I couldn't @ first ( outings , pre gym meal etc) but after a while you just get used to it.

Secretly its no different and really should be harder to fast during the week as you'd usually have breakfast before work. The weekend is basically just a late breakfast @ 1PM and your last meal @ 9 for example.

I'd say it take 1-2 weeks. Its the first week that your like OMG i cant do it but after that week is over you'll be really into it. 

Black Coffee + sweeteners is the number 1 tool for IF , really helps to suppress the feeling of hunger while keeping you active , in a fasted state.

I rarely eat breakfast anyway in the week so would be easy then.

Can you switch it up so say fast in the morning one day then fast in the evening the next?

Yea more people i speak to i find most actually don't really eat in the mornings anyways.

You can eat whenever you want to but it just means you have to push that first meal the next day back.

Minimum 16hrs is what you want to achieve , fasted ( inc sleeping hours ). However you do it is up to you but it has to be continuous.

Most techniques work when applied properly

The trick is finding the 1 that fits into your lifestyle the easiest so you can maintain it without too much effort

Carb cycling is the best IMO (switching between high carb days and low carbs days)

Problem with IF is if you're an active person and have a high metabolism, it's a lot of eating to get done within a small window and for me it just turned into a chore, forcing meals down etc

Another technique with similar formula to IF is carb backloading but without the problem I said before, basically save all your carbs for the evening meals, that way you're still burning fat throughout the day the same way you would during IF but as you've got calories consumed through fats & protein there's not a big rush to cram in a lot of calories towards the evenings

Lol at swimming with a bad ankle.. Pretty much flapping your legs through resistance.. Come out the pool 5x better than when you went in..

Might get away with the cross trainer on a low intensity, other than that just turn weight sessions into cardio sessions by adding super/giant sets and increasing reps.. You could stick to heavy compound lifts of the bigger muscle groups which is good for burning calories but you would need strong ankle support for both squats and deads so better to stick to the higher reps/circuit training

Edit: my post was based on an injured ankle, not quite sure if you mean you're injured or just generally have a weak ankle

• Upvote 1

Swimming?

Ignore this.

Can't really do cardio because have a f*cked up ankle. Best way to trim (lose chub) through weight training? 

Cardio will do nothing at all to trim "chub". It's a complete myth.

You need to do the relevant calculations and cut your daily calorific intake according to your need, eat more protein and a range of healthy foods and do weight training no more (than three times a week). If you work with light weights and machines for now (until your ankle improves) you;ll be fine.

Thank me later.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

But cardio is the tool you use when cutting your calories lol.. What do you think you're doing right now as you're sat down.. Higher paced cardio is just a tool to allow you to drop down to your calorie deficit level without having to starve yourself.. Where's the myth?

If he's currently eating at his maintence level then doing exactly the same things while adding a loss of 400 calories through a run/jog/swim etc will put him in a deficit and he'll lose weight

But cardio is the tool you use when cutting your calories lol.. What do you think you're doing right now as you're sat down.. Higher paced cardio is just a tool to allow you to drop down to your calorie deficit level without having to starve yourself

The relevant documentation is in the relevant places.

He can choose to listen to who he wants, I don't really mind.

I don't get what you're getting at.. Calories are energy ..

Energy in greater than energy out = surplus (weight gain)

Energy in equal to energy out = maintenance (stay the same)

Energy in less than energy out = deficit (weight loss)

everything you do is cardio, if you have to add extra cardio via a machine/boxing/sports etc for you to reach your deficit then so be it, theres no

Myth

If I start cutting and need to go from 3500 calories down to 2500, cutting 1000 calories out of my diet is a lot of food, so it's easier to cut the food down by 500 and lose the other 500 through added cardio

:/

Mate, it's looking to me like you came in here trying to one up me on knowledge. You're a personal trainer bro, just any nigga in a gym. If you wanna come see me at my gym (heart of Ladbroke Grove) feel free. 

Otherwise f*ck off back to your £6 an hour personal trainer job and f*ck off out of my face. 

He can do the relevant research on any bodybuilding forum for how to lose fat. Most of which I just pretty much lifted for his benefit.

No actually I just came in here to help someone who's trying to lose weight and didn't want him to be discouraged from doing cardio because you claim it's a myth.. It was you who started getting defensive and instead of taking my valid point on board you just wanted to be stubborn and argue back with more nonesense

Let's not talk money because I'll embarrass you, about £6 an hour

• Upvote 1