1. 1. vote now

• sopranos
    • the wire
    • to close to call

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Defitnately need to get into watching sopranos. The wire is the only Tv show were I watched the whole 5 series back to back, heck its the only tv program I think were ive seen it from start to finish without missing any episodes.

I thought they cussed the ending in The Sopranos, uproar from fans etc
When people fisrt saw it they were pisssed as they expected somthing dramatic to happen but with time i think most people would agree that the ending was right and fitting, (and leaves the story open)
Wasn't there striking similarities between The Sopranos and the New Jersey Mafia Family.
Yes there was a documentry about it, i think its on youtube somewhere
haha ive watched neither and have no inclination 2 download them at alll
You've missed out,

just like the guardian article says, The wire makes sopranos look like the waltonsand i quote "As great as Tony, Paulie Walnuts and the gang are, The Sopranos are guys we've seen before: in The Godfather, Goodfellas, Donnie Brasco. The astonishing range of characters in The Wire is altogether more labyrinthine - from Baltimore's eight-year-old drug dealers and the cops trying to bust them, to the kids' teachers, their crack-addict mothers, and the corrupt officials in the mayor's office running/ruining the city."lol@ some upper class gangtster drama captivating anybody. i liked the sopranos but it was just like any Good TV dramathe wire was like a documentary in a REAL city almost anywhere in the world. i would even choose the shield over sopranos. about sopranos coming close to the wire. fcuk outta here

There's niggaz in The Wire so The Wire >>> The Sopranos
hey that's not fair.. there has been at least 3 black characters in the sopranos :lol: there was the rapper who Chris insulted in the chicken place, the preacher guy who controlled some union that worked with tony, and the preacher guys dad..... plus, tony's daughter dated a half black guy that looked like 1/32 black lol

Defitnately need to get into watching sopranos. The wire is the only Tv show were I watched the whole 5 series back to back, heck its the only tv program I think were ive seen it from start to finish without missing any episodes.
plus
just like the guardian article says, The wire makes sopranos look like the waltonsand i quote "As great as Tony, Paulie Walnuts and the gang are, The Sopranos are guys we've seen before: in The Godfather, Goodfellas, Donnie Brasco. The astonishing range of characters in The Wire is altogether more labyrinthine - from Baltimore's eight-year-old drug dealers and the cops trying to bust them, to the kids' teachers, their crack-addict mothers, and the corrupt officials in the mayor's office running/ruining the city."lol@ some upper class gangtster drama captivating anybody. i liked the sopranos but it was just like any Good TV dramathe wire was like a documentary in a REAL city almost anywhere in the world. i would even choose the shield over sopranos. about sopranos coming close to the wire. fcuk outta here

There's niggaz in The Wire so The Wire >>> The Sopranos
crikey
The sopranos has been voted best ever tv drama and has won more awards than the Wire http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/t...est_drama_.htmlWhy does anything have to be 'ghetto' to be likeable?

The sopranos has been voted best ever tv drama and has won more awards than the Wire http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/t...est_drama_.html
Do you really think that awards or popular votes mean anything at all?There's lots of reasons The Wire was ignored by the mainstream, none of them has anything to do with the quality of the show

i have both box sets and have watched both twice over all the way through and it is the wire hands down regardless of whatever race you are the wire tackles a lot of subject matter and goes deep in to charecter inolvement with eachother and how lives intertwine. sopranos was really jus a bout one man and his life and how it playe don him psychologically which is a very good idea and is funy to begin with but after a while gets very boring . im sorry but i have to say wire by far sopranos is no where near?

to tell you the truth the only reason why i watched the sopranos was because of the hype behind it and that i had the whole box set to watch the back to back if i was watching it on the tv i wouldnt of kept up with the episodes cos its not relaly that like you cant watch the wore and watch sopranos after cos it makes sopranos seem sooooo sh*t like theres only so much i can really car about a certain man where as the wire boy the wire had me

• 2 months later...

Definitely The Wire.They're two different sorts of shows though, so I don't know if it's fair to compare them. The Sopranos is very funny and at time it almost parodies the lives of these 'Italian' mobsters in the show (which is partly why it feels unrealistic at times), whereas The Wire sets out to be a bleak documentary-style take on life in a poor black neighbourhood. In terms of entertainment they're at the same level, but The Wire is definitely the 'better' show imo.