FAO those who believe in climate change

Da Luv Doc

Outspoken airline chief says climate change is a plot by scientists seeking research cash

Charging for toilets, weighing passengers and flying with a lone pilot: Ryanair's combative boss Michael O'Leary is renowned for backing unusual ideas, but some passengers may feel that even he has overstepped the mark with his latest comments - denying the existence of global warming.

In an interview with The Independent littered with expletives, the chief executive of Europe's largest airline branded the scientific consensus that man-made pollution is heating up the planet with potentially grave consequences for the future of humanity as "horseshit".

He agreed the climate was changing but denied it was caused by man-made emissions of carbon dioxide, such as those from his planes. "Nobody can argue that there isn't climate change. The climate's been changing since time immemorial," he said.

"Do I believe there is global warming? No, I believe it's all a load of bullshit. But it's amazing the way the whole f*ck*ng eco-warriors and the media have changed. It used to be global warming, but now, when global temperatures haven't risen in the past 12 years, they say 'climate change'."

"Well, hang on, we've had an ice age. We've also had a couple of very hot spells during the Middle Ages, so nobody can deny climate change. But there's absolutely no link between man-made carbon, which contributes less than 2 per cent of total carbon emissions [and climate change]."

He suggested scientists had invented and perpetuated the theory in order to gain research grants. "Scientists argue there is global warming because they wouldn't get half of the funding they get now if it turns out to be completely bogus," he said.

"The scientific community has nearly always been wrong in history anyway. In the Middle Ages, they were going to excommunicate Galileo because the entire scientific community said the Earth was flat... I mean, it is absolutely bizarre that the people who can't tell us what the f*ck*ng weather is next Tuesday can predict with absolute precision what the f*ck*ng global temperatures will be in 100 years' time. It's horseshit."

He mocked global warming campaigners, describing the United Nations as "one of the world's most useless organisations", its Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) as "utter tosh", and US politician Al Gore as someone who "couldn't even get f*ck*ng re-elected" after a boom.

His comments come amid rising taxes on flights, ostensibly introduced by politicians to curb emissions. Green groups also want a levy imposed on jet fuel. Aviation causes 6.3 per cent of UK emissions but is rising rapidly along with the growth in popularity of budget travel and could represent Britain's entire "sustainable" carbon by 2050, according to the Tyndall Centre for Climate Change Research.

Of air passenger duty, which will rise by between £1 and £30 in November, Mr O'Leary said: "When they introduced it the Treasury said: 'We will ring-fence this money and use it for global climate change initiatives'. We've written to them once every six months - they never answer the letter - saying: 'What do you use the money for?' It's a straight-forward tax scam... My average fare is £34. I pay passenger tax of £10: I pay 33 per cent of my revenues in these aviation taxes.

"Aviation gets a crap deal. This is the great historical justification among environmentalists for taxing air travel: 'They don't have tax on fuel'. The only reason we don't pay tax on fuel is that governments can't tax it because you'll upload fuel somewhere else if they tax it."

To date, the US, UK, Germany, Japan, India, and China have all agreed on the existence of global warming, but have failed to agree binding emission targets to limit it. More than 2,500 scientists contributed to the IPCC's fourth assessment report in 2007, which warned that freak weather events such as flooding and drought will intensify, threatening agriculture and the livelihoods of millions.

Greenpeace issued a light-hearted response to Mr O'Leary's comments. "Personally, I wouldn't trust 'O'Really' to tell me the price of a seat on his own airline, but to be fair his position does have the support of such intellectual heavyweights as Nick Griffin, Sarah Palin and George W Bush," said Joss Garman, a Greenpeace spokesman.

http://www.independent.co.uk/environment/climate-change/global-warming-it-doesnt-exist-says-ryanair-boss-oleary-2075420.html

He made some strong points

Carbon taxes soon come

• 4 months later...

Good read how they shut down this journalist for trying to do his job exposing the fraud

The BBC became a propaganda machine for climate change zealots, says Peter Sissons... and I was treated as a lunatic for daring to dissent

Institutionally biased to the Left, politically correct and with a rudderless leadership. This is Peter Sissons’ highly critical view of the BBC in his new memoirs, in which he describes his fascinating career over four decades as a television journalist. Here, in the latest part of our serialisation, he reveals how it was heresy at the BBC to question claims about climate change . . .

My time as a news and ­current affairs anchor at the BBC was characterised by weak leadership and poor ­direction from the top, but hand in hand with this went the steady growth of political correctness.

Indeed, it was almost certainly the ­Corporation’s unchallengeable PC culture that made strong leadership impossible.

Leadership — one person being in charge, trusting his or her own judgment, taking a decision and telling others what to do— was shied away from in favour of endless meetings of a dozen or more ­people trying to arrive at some sort of consensus.

article-1350206-00024A3700000258-823_634x407.jpg

At the newsroom level it became impossible to discipline someone for basic journalistic mistakes — wrong dates, times and numbers, inaccurate ­on-screen captions and basic political or geographical facts — for fear of giving offence. You’d never see anyone, to use a technical term, get a b*****king.

There’d be whispers about them. They might even get a black mark at the annual appraisal with their line manager. Sometimes, they might even be ­promoted to a position in which they could do less harm.

But what really concerned me was when the culture of political correctness began to influence what appeared on the screen. Soon after I started on News 24 in 2003, the aircraft carrier Ark Royal returned from the Gulf to a traditional welcome from families and friends at Portsmouth. TV reporters closed in to interview crew members, the vast majority of whom were men.

Of the five vox-pops that featured in the BBC News, four were with women sailors. During my stint of presenting that day I complained about this and asked if we could have some more ­balanced interviews, but in vain.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1350206/BBC-propaganda-machine-climate-change-says-Peter-Sissons.html

Greenpeace issued a light-hearted response to Mr O'Leary's comments. "Personally, I wouldn't trust 'O'Really' to tell me the price of a seat on his own airline, but to be fair his position does have the support of such intellectual heavyweights as Nick Griffin, Sarah Palin and George W Bush," said Joss Garman, a Greenpeace spokesman.

LMAO

strong counter.

LMAO

strong counter.

lmao

was just about to post this

Guest Awesome Kong

She lost when she had to name the worst of the people to try defend her global warming brainwash

She can't defend it on the science

This.

Because you know global warming is a lie to what we are told, doesn't mean you are left, right, centre, up down etc etc. It is more of a fact then what these "green" parties and these climate change heads spout out. From when people try to hide data, ruin peoples careers because they know climate change's hype/lie, create a carbon tax, having equilibrium weather, etc etc you have to ask yourself if these people are chatting sh*t.

LOL @ negging Thun & not commenting on his post. Beg you lot tell me the Polar Bears are gonna die out......

LOL @ Green Peace, a bunch of sheep who got brainwashed by the head guys in that company into thinking they are doing a good thing without knowing facts. Lord Monckton dead them each and every!!!

my boy text last night saying that in 1991 an earthquake erupted in the Philippines letting off more carbon than man has ever created then he told me all this thing is bullshit to make money

same with some volcano a year or so back

released more greenhouse gases in a few days than man has emitted since the industrial revolution!

f*ck these eco-warriors

Guest Klitschko

Whether or not you believe the climate is being changed by our carbon emissions.

For the sake of actually being able to see the stars at night, and walking behind cars in the road and actually being able to breathe, I'm all for it.

It's something that should be done. Not to mention finding sustainable ways of fueling our death machines.

It is a shame the powers that be are using it as a way to gouge more money out of you but they would do that anyway.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

when have you been able to see the sky at night in this country?

the earth was made for us to utilise its resources

theres a reason why 95% of human energy resources comes from the Earth

if these richer nations had their way they would impose sanctions on countries they dont like and restrict sunlight to 1 hr a day if possible.

there is technology to make resource mining cleaner and safer....im all for that

but STFU with the scare tactics, we only here for 90yrs and a bit

its just scare tactics of a wider agenda of control and restriction.

• Upvote 2

Guest Awesome Kong

LOL @ the looking at the sky thing.

Biggest reason we can't see the stars at night in the city is LIGHT pollution. Go on the motorways out of Cities and you'll see lots and LOTS of stars in the sky.

Plus look at where we are, Great Britain, we get nothing but cloud cover!

CO2 has nothing to do with cloud cover or unhealthy people. CO is unhealthy!

• Upvote 1

one of the best things about living in the sticks is at night it goes properly dark and you can see all the stars, im seeing constellations i never knew existed can just proper gaze into deep space, beautiful.

also the other day i saw a deer on the road it was frozen in my headlights and i stopped and looked at it for a while b4 it ran into a hedge, beautiful animal.

/continue

Guest Klitschko

Where we are?

LA, smog, everywhere. It's not light pollution, its chocking fumes from car exhausts, you can barely see the sun let alone the stars.

• Downvote 2

Guest WAVESURFER

TBH, regardless of whether you "believe" in climate change, or that man's carbon emissions contribute to it, I have not heard one persuasive argument as to why we shouldn't cut down our carbon emissions/reduce pollution.

Cipher's spot on, reducing the pollution we cause would make our towns and cities more pleasant places to live, so why not just do it?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Guest Awesome Kong

Where we are?

LA, smog, everywhere. It's not light pollution, its chocking fumes from car exhausts, you can barely see the sun let alone the stars.

WHAT???

You telling me that light pollution isn't the main reason it is hard to see stars in the City?

/

We hardly ever get fog, this is not 1895 brah.

/

Look at modern vehicles, they are much more efficient than even 10 years ago.

• Upvote 1

Guest Klitschko

I said 'L.A.' - Las Angeles, it isn't fog, it's smog, different, and worse. It also happens in England and most populated places.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smog

You say Vehicles are more efficient, exactly, eventually that process will lead to them being pollution free, sustainable energy without pollution, the ultimate in vehicle fuel efficiency.

• Downvote 1

• 1 year later...
'Gaia' scientist James Lovelock: I was 'alarmist' about climate change

James Lovelock, the maverick scientist who became a guru to the environmental movement with his “Gaia” theory of the Earth as a single organism, has admitted to being “alarmist” about climate change and says other environmental commentators, such as Al Gore, were too.

Lovelock, 92, is writing a new book in which he will say climate change is still happening, but not as quickly as he once feared.

However, the professor admitted in a telephone interview with msnbc.com that he now thinks he had been “extrapolating too far."He previously painted some of the direst visions of the effects of climate change.

In 2006, in an article in the U.K.’s Independent newspaper, he wrote that “before this century is over billions of us will die and the few breeding pairs of people that survive will be in the Arctic where the climate remains tolerable.”

However, the professor admitted in a telephone interview with msnbc.com that he now thinks he had been “extrapolating too far."

http://worldnews.msn...-climate-change

They are having to give up with this scam now

All those people pushing this scam should feel shamed