Arsenal Summer Transfer Window

MrJibbles

Start the day with some good news

Arsène Wenger has revealed that Denilson is set to go back to Brazil on loan. The 23-year-old midfielder found it hard to break into the first-team last term having been a regular in 2008-09 and playing in roughly half the games in the campaign that followed. However in 2010-11, he started less than ten Premier League or Champions League games; a statistic that may have prompted the move. “Denilson is likely to leave to go to Brazil on loan,” said Wenger after the 1-1 draw with Hangzhou Greentown on Saturday. The Brazil Under-19 captain joined Arsenal in 2006 from Sao Paulo and, to date, has played 153 games scoring ten goals. Arsenal.com will have the official announcement once the loan deal is completed.

I hate when clubs just piggy back our transfers. It's like we're scouting for them. f*ck*ng AGENTS
Would rather have it now, than have them use us as a world class finishing school, so they can move onto a club with "better ambitions"/In other news Ivan on sky news saying we making more moves well he says things are happening without saying a exactly whatsomething him and wenger are very good at...

Joel Campbell will have a medical this evening ahead of the completion of his transfer to Arsenal, his father Humberto has confirmed.The deal was all but sealed last night, when Richard Law met with both player and family following a rival bid from another Premier League team. Law managed to persuade the family to ignore that interest, and after increasing the initial £930,000 bid to over £1 million, all parties are happy.Humberto Campbell confirmed the plans for a medical this evening, in an interview with La Prensa Libre.“These tests will be done and supervised by the people of Arsenal. Everything is virtually ready.”Campbell senior also confirmed Arsenal will be lodging a bid for a special talent work permit, but this may have to wait until after the Under 20 World Cup.More to follow.
http://younggunsblog.co.uk/2011/07/campbell-set-for-arsenal-medical/
  • Upvote 3

Great news. Is he likely to get a work permit...doesn't seem to be in our favour.... Kid looks better than all our strikers bar RVP.Now go out and get a SOLID CB, win the league, head down to the Kings Head for a nice cold pint and laugh off this 6 year without a trophy business.

• Upvote 2

Gerard Pique has leapt to the defence of Barcelona team-mate Xavi in the wake of Arsene Wenger's recent blast.Xavi incurred the wrath of the Arsenal manager after insinuating that Gunners skipper Cesc Fabregas was unhappy with life at the Emirates.The Spain international has regularly claimed that his fellow midfielder wishes to return to his Catalan roots by securing a switch to Barca.Such a deal has been touted again this summer, but as yet no agreement has been reached.Wenger has no plans on parting with his talismanic skipper and is growing tired at having to discuss the issue.RespectHe is also growing increasingly frustrated at having to respond to comments being made by Barca players.Pique admits he may be time for the issue to be put to one side, but has signed off by adding his voice to those calling on Arsenal to open transfer talks."Barcelona and its players have always spoken with respect," he told Sport."Any player would suffer when there is so much talk about his future and when you don't know where you will play next term. It's not disrespectful to say this out loud."I know what the situation is like. We should leave Cesc alone and show patience. There's still plenty of time to complete his proposed transfer. It doesn't help to talk about it all the time."
LOL at talking about respect, this c*nt forgets twitter exists

YoungGunsBlog Jamie Sanderson Judging from Humberto Campbell's comments, Joel will have medical a tonight but deal won't be sealed until after the #U20WC.4 hours ago
gunnerblog gilbertosilver Father of Joel Campbell says no decision will be taken till after the U-20 World Cup, which ends 20th August. Nothing to see for now.5 minutes ago
If this guy has a good tourny then we aint getting him

YoungGunsBlog Jamie Sanderson Judging from Humberto Campbell's comments, Joel will have medical a tonight but deal won't be sealed until after the #U20WC.4 hours ago
gunnerblog gilbertosilver Father of Joel Campbell says no decision will be taken till after the U-20 World Cup, which ends 20th August. Nothing to see for now.5 minutes ago
If this guy has a good tourny then we aint getting him
but if he does sick, we r gonnahave a bidding war f*ck off

Denilson001Sao-460x250.pngBrazilian side São Paulo have confirmed that Denilson has signed on loan for the rest of the year.The 23-year-old midfielder, who began his career at São Paulo before moving to Arsenal in 2006, had been little more than a squad player at the Emirates for much of the last twelve months but now hopes a return to his homeland will kick start his chances of playing in the 2014 World Cup for Brazil.Speaking to the São Paulo official website, Denilson made clear that he felt a more complete individual having spent five years in England and was looking forward to competing in the Copa Libertadores – the South American equivalent of the UEFA Champions League.“I am very pleased to return. I want to help Sao Paulo become Brazilian champions,” confirmed the midfielder.“I found many difficulties in the beginning because I was only 18. But I learned many things. Today I am a more aware and mature person. I hope I’ll be able to develop more with Sao Paulo this year and contribute to the team.“I want to help the the club win titles and be called up by the Brazilian national team. The Championship is very competitive and watched all over the world.”Fluminense are also thought to have approached Arsenal about taking Denilson on loan, however, according to trusted Twitter source @brazilgunners it appears that Arsene Wenger may have sanctioned the São Paulo deal with a view to bolstering his chances of sealing a move for the club’s 20-year-old centre-back Bruno Uvini.Uvini, who is under contract at the Estadio do Morumbi until 2014, is set to captain Brazil at the under-20 World Cup in Colombia and could, depending on results in the group stage, face Costa Rica striker Joel Campbell – another name thought to be on the Gunners shopping list

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_O0yXqxfMI

• Upvote 1