Tinchy goes into business with Jay-Z

bay_u

Guest Triple XXX

couldnt have happened to a better person

so f*ckin excited for Strydez right now

dnt giv a f*ck what the release this is a f*ckin big move and lets hope its the first of many

• Upvote 1

When's the last time Jay-Z leeched off a rapper?

It ain't '03 no more, Lahi. Let it go...

:lol:

His whole last album was one giant leeching exercise. :lol:

Also this article gives a better idea of what the deal entails

US rap giant Jay-Z has joined forces with British hip-hop star Tinchy Stryder to launch a music company to break new talent.

Takeover Roc Nation is a joint venture between Jay-Z's firm Roc Nation and Stryder's management company Takeover.

It will handle the stars' merchandise and tours as well as signing new acts.

Stryder said: "Jay-Z is my music and business inspiration and to go into business with him is a dream come true."

Writing on his blog, he said: "It's taken nearly a year to get the deal right so I'm excited to start signing artists to the label side of the joint venture deal."

Stryder also asked for demos from budding stars. The MC has two UK number one singles to his name and also runs his own clothing label, Star in the Hood.

He will continue to release his own music through Island Records in the UK, while Jay-Z currently has a UK record deal with Atlantic.

So who do you think he should sign?

Behave, Jay was my favourite rapper, but come on.

He raped Kanye West, and now his new ting is to just keep man around to soak the energy and ideas. You know Jay about to start recording when he id spotted with Kanye, Drake and Jeezy around... Jay would have been a ill pedo, bait my gets in the whip or backstage at a show, gets that beat cd lined up and say "yo you man take it back lets see if you can cipher on this sh*t"

Behave, Jay was my favourite rapper, but come on.

He raped Kanye West, and now his new ting is to just keep man around to soak the energy and ideas. You know Jay about to start recording when he id spotted with Kanye, Drake and Jeezy around... Jay would have been a ill pedo, bait my gets in the whip or backstage at a show, gets that beat cd lined up and say "yo you man take it back lets see if you can cipher on this sh*t"

Very good look, happy for him.

Lol @ certain man talking like they're gonna pay his bills, smh

Whether you like it or not a person has to move on to bigger things if he wants to make that p and support himself and his family.

THIS DEAL IS RUBBISH BECAUSE HE WON'T RELEASE ANY GRIME MUSIC ON THE LABEL.

WHY CAN'T WE GO BACK TO THE GOOD OLD DAYS OF 2003

I HATE COMMERCIAL SUCCESS, AND I'LL NEVER SELL MY SOUL LIKE THIS.

why do you do this? no one begrudges people like Tinchy commercial success, it doesn't mean we have to like the stuff they make for that success.

im guessing he does it because he too wants a piece of that success pie and he thinks by being seen to champion that cause publicly it will get him free trips as <insert sellout grime artist> personal assistant or some other such recognition

amirite amirite?

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif