Summer transfer thread

loric remy is decent on fmdont know about real life though but he can surely do better then west ham

Adriano set for BarcaSevilla utility player to join champions, according to Spanish pressSevilla utility player Adriano is nearing a move to Barcelona, according to reports in the Spanish media.The versatile Brazilian, who can play at full-back or as a wide midfielder, has reportedly agreed a deal worth in the region of 10million euros to Sevilla.Adriano joined Sevilla in 2004 and has enjoyed a fruitful career which has seen him twice taste victory in the Uefa Cup final in 2006 and 2007.He looks set to become Barca's first signing since the arrival of new president Sandro Rosell earlier this month.

Arsenal are ready to take on bitter rivals Tottenham in a bidding war for rising Ipswich star Connor Wickham.Connor WickhamCentre of a tug-of-war: Connor Wickham is wanted by Arsenal and SpursSpurs, who have already had a £5million offer rejected, have upped their bid to £8m and are willing to loan the prodigious 17-year-old back to the Tractor Boys next season.But Gunners’ boss Arsene Wenger is also a big fan of Wickham, whose goals saw England crowned European Under 17 champions in May.

Real Madrid ready to include Royston Drenthe in deal for Stuttgart midfielder Sami Khedira - report
Having passed his medical at Real Madrid earlier on Friday, Pedro Leon was presented to the press for the first time since joining los Blancos and admitted his delight at attaching himself to what he described as “the best team in the world”.

Manchester City have agreed a £16m fee for Serbian left-back Aleksandar Kolarov, BBC Sport understands.The 24-year-old Lazio player, who played twice for his country at the World Cup, would be in direct competition with Wayne Bridge.Kolarov, labelled the Serbian Roberto Carlos because of his shooting prowess, had drawn interest from several clubs.The deal would take City's summer spending to £75m, after signing David Silva, Yaya Toure and Jerome Boateng.Spanish international winger Villa was unveiled on Wednesday after joining from Valencia in a £24m deal, while Toure cost a similar amount from Barcelona.Boateng, who played for Germany in the World Cup, joined City at the beginning of the month in a deal thought to be around £11m.

West Ham United have announced the signing of striker Frederic Piquionne from Lyon.New Hammers boss Avram Grant has been keen to be reunited with the attacker after working with him at former club Portsmouth.Skysports.com unveiled that Piquionne was due for a medical on Friday, and a deal has now been secured.The 31-year-old has arrived at Upton Park on three-year contract for an undisclosed fee following the capture of Pablo Barrera.Piquionne scored five Premier League goals in 34 appearances for Pompey last season.

West Ham United have confirmed the signing of Mexico international Pablo Barrera for £4million.Sky Sources revealed on Friday that the Hammers were closing on the capture of the 23-year-old from UNAM Pumas.After passing a medical and being accepted for a work permit, Barrera has agreed a four-year contract with a one-year option.He told the club's official website: "I am very happy to sign for West Ham United and have been really taken by the reception I have received from the players and the manager. I have had a great welcome."I knew about West Ham when I was in Mexico. They are a big club and I have heard about the great players they have had in the past. I have heard a lot more about the club and its traditions since I have been in London and I am very excited to be here."He continued: "I am very excited about the opportunity and the possibilities of playing for West Ham. I will do my best. The fans can expect that I will give 100 per cent to succeed for the team and to play better than I have ever played before."I am very fast and can use both feet. I like the one-on-one situations and to take on my opponent and beat my rivals. I like to excite the supporters. People have said that I am the sort of player that the fans want to have the ball as often as possible because I can make things happen."The Hammers also revealed that they hope to "announce two further signings within the next few hours."

Skysports.com understands West Ham have agreed a deal to sign Portsmouth defender Tal Ben-Haim. Portsmouth administrator Andrew Andronikou revealed earlier this week West Ham were interested in signing the Israel international, with cash-strapped Pompey keen to offload Ben-Haim.Ben Haim was left behind as Portsmouth travelled to America for a pre-season tour so that he could sort his future out.West Ham boss Avram Grant is a big admirer of Ben-Haim and is keen to be reunited with the central defender, but it was feared his personal demands could scupper the deal.However, a compromise is believed to have been struck between both parties, paving the way for Ben-Haim to make the switch to Upton Park.

negged harry and his foreign signings were legendary sh*t back in the 90show you reckon he got his wheeler dealer nicknamesome terrible terrible foreigners got signed

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Martin Jol turns his back on Ajax to join Fulham after irresistible offer from Mohamed Al FayedMartin Jol is on his way back to London and the Premier League as the new manager of Fulham.The Dutchman has succumbed to Fulham owner Mohamed Al Fayed’s considerable powers of persuasion and decided to quit Ajax for Craven Cottage.Jol’s appointment as Roy Hodgson’s successor is scheduled to be confirmed on Monday and is a major coup for Fayed.It had been felt Fulham could not compete with Jol’s £2m wages at Ajax, but Fayed has made an offer the 54-year-old former Tottenham boss could not resist, including supplying the finance to compete for new players, while Ajax are considering selling two of their World Cup stars, Luis Suarez and Gregory van der Wiel.One of the first of these arrivals could be Sweden striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic, who has the same agent as Jol and is on his way out of Barcelona.Jol’s decision was greeted with surprise in Holland, where his team finished just behind Steve McClaren’s FC Twente in the Dutch League despite a goal difference of more than 100.‘No one here can understand how you leave Ajax for a club like Fulham,’ said a source in Holland. ‘It is shocking to us. We recognise the English club want to progress, we accept they were Europa League finalists and we know they are right that Jol can maintain their run of success.‘But Ajax are a club with a reputation as one of Europe’s greatest, past and present and in the future. To walk away from such a club at such a time is an extraordinary decision.’Jol was a late entry for the job after Hodgson’s move to Liverpool, with former England manager Sven Goran Eriksson and Switzerland’s German coach Ottmar Hitzfeld the favourites while USA World Cup coach Bob Bradley was also in the frame.But Fayed had his eyes firmly on the Dutchman, who was controversially forced out of Spurs in 2007 after guiding them to successive fifth places.Jol has become increasingly frustrated by a lack of spending money and Ajax demands that they sell his best players.The Amsterdam club have suffered what for them was a massive loss in excess of £20million last season and claimed the only way they can recover financial stability is by weakening the squad through player sales.In the past two weeks, Jol has looked on as Ajax entertained a £20million approach from Bayern Munich for Van der Wiel while letting Denmark winger Dennis Rommedahl move to Olympiakos. It had been made clear that he could lose Uruguay hit-man Suarez in the next few days.Jol, who kept the home he bought during his time at White Hart Lane, said: ‘The board told me that everything was going to be all right. But it clearly is not. To me that is a big disappointment.’Striker Bobby Zamora tapped in the equaliser to earn Fulham a 1-1 draw in a friendly at Bournemouth on Saturday.
great move.. was worried when names like alan curbishley were being linked