Match Day 22

MrJibbles

Holland got lucky against brazil tbh

No they never

Holland was simply the better in the second half

The game i was watching, holland got lucky..that first goal from holland was sloppy and 9 times out of 10 wouldn't of happened, if that goal wouldnt of happened, holland would more than likely be out now..so in my eyes they got lucky

I get what u mean but after the 1-1 , who had more confidence, who had more possession, who played more concentrated, and if you look back at it, holland couldve easily won 3-1 if huntelaar n Kuyt didnt have slow reactions

Easily won 3-1? surely you've gotta take into consideration the chances Brazil created cos it could've been 2-0 at half time looking at it that way. In my opinion the score was more a result of Brazil collapsing than Holland playing well.

• Upvote 1

Ok i get what you 2 are saying - In my eyes holland did deserve to win so you're saying this means it wasn't luck and i agree a little bit, all i'm getting at is the game only turned around for holland when they got a lucky goal and without that goal i don't think they would of turned the game around.

but if brazil hadnt scored the first goal which i consider lucky due to defensive lapses they would not have been 1-0 up in the first place..

Not even close to being the same.

Brazil goal was the result of a good pinpoint pass, a good run and a good finish.

Holland goal was the result of a hopeful ball into the box and calamitous defending.

• Upvote 2

Lol @ Holland being lucky against Brazil.

A game of 2 halves.

1st half, Brazil took initiative but couldn't finish it off.

2nd half, there was an obvious change in tactics from Holland & it paid off. Whether the goals were 'lucky' or not, Holland still created the OPPORTUNITIES & these didn't come about by 'luck.

• Upvote 1

Im actually pissed that i told everyone holland were the team to watch this tournament and i expected to get to semis at least

but never put any bets on them nor did i purchase a dutch kit to wear

i expect this game to go past 90 minutes netherlands dont score many and muselra has been f*ck*ng cold top 3 keeper in the tournament

manchester utds second highest goalscorer last season was own goal,that is not a mistake or extreme luck it is the result of consistent pressure and quality crosses that any wayward touch can finish

they dont give half a point for own goals or two points for good goals, a goal is a goal wether you like how its scored or not

c/s mickey kane

A goal is a goal but you tried to compare a very well crafted goal to a og that was the result of a ball being pumped into the box and sh*t defending.

/

If Uruguay crowd Robben out and Elia doesn't play they have a good chance of shutting Holland out.

A goal is a goal but you tried to compare a very well crafted goal to a og that was the result of a ball being pumped into the box and sh*t defending.

/

If Uruguay crowd Robben out and Elia doesn't play they have a good chance of shutting Holland out.

no i wasnt comparing the goals i was imagining a circumstance were the brazil goal had not happened then predicting the outcome of the rest of the match

an equally pointless exercise imo

Uruguay: 1-Fernando Muslera; 3-Diego Godin, 6-Mauricio Victorino, 5-Walter Gargano, 16-Maximiliano Pereira, 22-Martin Caceres, 15-Diego Perez, 11-Alvaro Pereira, 17-Egidio Arevalo, 7-Edinson Cavani, 10-Diego Forlan.

Netherlands: 1-Maarten Stekelenburg; 12-Khalid Boulahrouz, 3-John Heitinga, 4-Joris Mathijsen, 5-Giovanni van Bronckhorst; 7-Dirk Kuyt, 6-Mark van Bommel, 10-Wesley Sneijder, 14-Demy de Zeeuw, 11-Arjen Robben; 9-Robin van Persie.

Referee: Ravshan Irmatov (Uzbekistan).