Rooney to leave United

Flojo

I was interested to hear what Sir Alex has had to say yesterday, and surprised by some of it.It is absolutley true, my agent and I have had a number of meetings with the club about a new contract.During those meetings in August, I asked for assurances that the club continued to seek to attract the top players in the world.I never had anything but complete respect for Manchester United football club.How could I not have done, given its fantastic history, especially its last 6 years, which I've been lucky to play a part.For me, it's always about winning trophies, as the club has always done under Sir Alex Ferguson, because of that, I think the questions I ask were justified.However, when I met with David Gill last week, he did not give me any of the assurances I was seeking about the future squad. I then told him I would not be signing a new contract despite recent difficulties.I know I will always owe Sir Alex a huge debt, he is a great manager and mentor who has helped and supported me from the day he signed me from Everton when I was 18.For Manchester United's sake, I wish he could go on forever because he is a genius.
LMAOHOW CAN HE SAY???

I was interested to hear what Sir Alex has had to say yesterday, and surprised by some of it.It is absolutley true, my agent and I have had a number of meetings with the club about a new contract.During those meetings in August, I asked for assurances that the club continued to seek to attract the top players in the world.I never had anything but complete respect for Manchester United football club.How could I not have done, given its fantastic history, especially its last 6 years, which I've been lucky to play a part.For me, it's always about winning trophies, as the club has always done under Sir Alex Ferguson, because of that, I think the questions I ask were justified.However, when I met with David Gill last week, he did not give me any of the assurances I was seeking about the future squad. I then told him I would not be signing a new contract despite recent difficulties.I know I will always owe Sir Alex a huge debt, he is a great manager and mentor who has helped and supported me from the day he signed me from Everton when I was 18.For Manchester United's sake, I wish he could go on forever because he is a genius.
LMAOHOW CAN HE SAY???
everything in that statement sums up whats wrong with footballwas Rooney a world class player before he went to unitedwas ronaldowas beckhamwas giggswas scholes for f*ck sakes.... it seems like no one believes in developing players any more....might as well get rid of all the acadamies

Rooney doesn't rate the guys coming through
thats when it becomes time for him to step up and bloody carry the team then.......he just cant handle the fact hat Man U might not be in the top two.......thats when you go out and prove the doubters wrong....you cannot run a football club by wild unsustainable spending unless you are some russian or arab....

I'm fuming at the assertion that he wants to leave because we're incapable of attracting big name players.No wonder fergie as mad as hell.TBH its time for him to leave, NO one player is bigger than UNITED.The rooneys, ronaldos and beckhams of this world will come and go. United will always be UNITED.

I'm fuming at the assertion that he wants to leave because we're incapable of attracting big name players.No wonder fergie as mad as hell.TBH its time for him to leave, NO one player is bigger than UNITED.The rooneys, ronaldos and beckhams of this world will come and go. United will always be UNITED.
Amen

Rooney doesn't rate the guys coming through
thats when it becomes time for him to step up and bloody carry the team then.......he just cant handle the fact hat Man U might not be in the top two.......thats when you go out and prove the doubters wrong....you cannot run a football club by wild unsustainable spending unless you are some russian or arab....
exactly, he's won over 6 trophies at Man U, where else could he have achieved that.If he thinks the club hasnt spent enough money to continue winning cups he should look at Real Madrid and City as example of how money cant necessarily buy you trophies.

Amen
Not even taking the piss but you man are saying this based on the fact that like all Man United fans of your age, you've been spoilt beyond belief.You've been able to splash the cash and buy the best players as far back as you can remember, from Cole to Yorke to Staam to Ferdinand to Veron to RVN to Ronaldo.The truth is that for the first time in your lifetime you might not be in a position to do this and I for one am gonna be a smug motherf*cker because I've had to endure your silver spoon induced mentality for nearly 20 years.
  • Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

the more i see chelsea man city liverpool man united, the more i realise Wenger been punching above his weight for a long time just to be top four......if the premiership goes down this route the league will resemble la liga and scottish premiership.....two horse race

• Downvote 1

will be missed if he goes. would have been a legend at this club. it just highlights the facts, we aint bought a high profile name since berbatov LOLseeing tevez and ronaldo leave. not signing villa, silva, ozil or vdv but buying bebevds is like 40 and no sign of him being replaced. giggs and scholes close to retirement and we got no left winger to replace giggs, and gibson to replace scholes lolplus side we are unbeaten this season and if we didnt slip up against everton and wba we woulda been in a good postition points wise and rooney aint hardly played and when he has hes been more of a handicap to usguy should just hold his mouth and play ball then get the move not go about it like this

Pmsl./C/S what Flojo said

rooney took the piss in his statement knew that was the reason he wanted to duckthink signing bebe for 7m and watching ozil goto madrid for 13m was the last straw

No one player is bigger than the club it is said. The problem here is Rooney ready to jump ship cos there was a few players carrying the club. Tevez and Ronaldo the obvious names. They are gone now, Scholes, Giggs and VDS all brandishing walking sticks and where are the quality replacements? That's a £100+m rebuilding process. Money that Man U can't currently throw about, that's not new news. We already know this. Rooney wants to continue to win sh*t but he can see the club is obviously about to enter a transition period and the dig from Rooney talking about wishing Saf could go on forever is an obvious show that he don't believe that whoever comes in after Saf can do a job of keeping the team competitive with considerably less transfer funds than has been used by Man U prior to a few previous seasons.Did Rooney want to stay at Man U for his entire career? Tbh I think he did but as someone already stated success would have been a major factor in that. Chelsea don't really look any weaker and Man City are in the accention. What really have Man U done to suggest that they are gonna be the peakest team in the next 5 years? Where's the franchise signing? Where's the player to look to when Rooney's having an off day? Mans seen so many draws this season it come like the national lottery, of course he wants to leave so he can keep winning. So that means he wont be going Juventus. Way too much needs to happen there.And lastlyPeople saying that Man U "Nurtured" Rooney, what's that about? Was he really not gonna become a decent player anywhere but at Man U? Would he have flopped at Everton? Not really. The only thing he got from Man U was the chance to win footballs biggest trophies which is obviously big but in his mind it isn't something the team is in a position to offer any more, so the obvious question is: Why's he staying?And just to save people wasting their time typing the same generic foolishness...Yes I support Liverpool. Yes we 19th in the league. Yes our manager is a doughnut. Yes I've got something to say about Man U or one of your players even though you think I shouldn't cos obviously I've no clue about football. Oh and apparently I'm 30.Did I miss anything

yorke is chatting sh*t though ah lie?saying rooney is going to stay andafter selling ronaldo and tevez theres no one out there to buylmao hope souness bangs him

tbh if this doesnt start a REAL backlash against the glazers nothing will.....how can utd, one of the biggest clubs in the world sell a price asset for 80m and not re-invest in star replacements?while watching the like of there shitty rivals snap up world class stars....no wonder rooney is pissed.