Ronaldo Retires - R9 Appreciation Thread

Kompressor

The criteria to be considered the 'best player of all-time' is too subjective & you can use a number of reasons why a player is or isn't the GOAT. You have to be ignorant to OUTRIGHT say 'legendary player A' >>> 'legendary player B'...

Has Rivaldo ever won the Champions League?

Has Cruyff ever won an international trophy?

See where I'm going with this...

• Downvote 1

Guest Portuguese

If you want to go beyond last twenty years I don't think anyone will include Messi in this debate.

See the four I mentioned done it in Club/International level something Messi hasn't managed to do so far.

If you want to go beyond last twenty years I don't think anyone will include Messi in this debate.

See the four I mentioned done it in Club/International level something Messi hasn't managed to do so far.

Bar Ronaldo, no-one did all that at 23/24, so yeah, let's chill with all the comparisons.

The reason why people bang on about Messi is because he's CAPABLE of emulating those legends, not because he has.

The criteria to be considered the 'best player of all-time' is too subjective & you can use a number of reasons why a player is or isn't the GOAT. You have to be ignorant to OUTRIGHT say 'legendary player A' >>> 'legendary player B'...

Has Rivaldo ever won the Champions League?

Has Cruyff ever won an international trophy?

See where I'm going with this...

Rivaldo won CL with Milan don

Or did you Mean Ronaldo?

if so ignore my post

Guest Portuguese

Bar Ronaldo, no-one did all that at 23/24, so yeah, let's chill with all the comparisons.

The reason why people bang on about Messi is because he's CAPABLE of emulating those legends, not because he has.

That's a fair point.

For me Ronaldo will always be the best(how can someone so young be unplayable and furthermore in Serie A)

Two career ending injuries in his 20's.

I am not going to say anymore the guy is a one off only Maradona was unplayable.

That's a fair point.

For me Ronaldo will always be the best(how can someone so young be unplayable and furthermore in Serie A)

Two career ending injuries in his 20's.

I am not going to say anymore the guy is a one off only Maradona was unplayable.

These kinda statements are a myth. Maradona has been marked out of games. Ronaldo has been marked out of games. Every great player has. Stop with that bullshit.