Week 26 Football & Internationals

Admin.

Pretty much even until you get to that last bit which really highlights how different they are as people.However, I still reckon Ronaldo will probably have the longer career and provide the better statistics at the end of it. He's a physical machine and his ego is so f*cked he'll just keep plugging out superhuman performances.Messi is more natual with it, like its nothing to him. In a few years things may be different.

Guest Portuguese
Not the first time they have done this.It's a problem but they won't stop it.There is a Brazilian playing for an African nation, he has no affiliation with, why did he pick to play for them? Said it will help his career, f*ck*ng hell.Heck Di Stefano played for 3 sides
You must be talking about Santos he played in Tunisia he scored goals moved to France.Then Tunisia told him that he qualifies to play for them.So in 2004 he thought f*ck it Brazil will never pick him so he played for Tunisia in the CAN edition of 2004 on home soil(he starred and they won it)Di Stefano that was madness he played for Spain,Argentina,Colombia but I think Puskas was allowed to play for both Hungary/Spain.I remember a few years ago Qatar tried to take the piss they offered the likes of Dede(Dortmund) and his brother along with Ailton(Bremen) 1m dollars each to take Qatari nationality.FIFA put their foot down and they asked Brazilian FA what they think,They just laughed and if Qatari FA wanted they would send them 100 pages of fax containing brazilian footballers they didn't and had no intention of capping.

Guest Portuguese
Pretty much even until you get to that last bit which really highlights how different they are as people.However, I still reckon Ronaldo will probably have the longer career and provide the better statistics at the end of it. He's a physical machine and his ego is so f*cked he'll just keep plugging out superhuman performances.Messi is more natual with it, like its nothing to him. In a few years things may be different.
I think Messi will have a long career at the top because Messi could easily re-invent himself and become like Xavi.I have seen games where Messi's vision has been out this world and just seen tonight's game he was starting a lot of Argentina's moves from deep.Ronaldo on the other hand as soon as he lose his pace/physical attributes I just don't know if he could re-invent himself the way Figo did and Ronaldinho tried to.

Not the first time they have done this.It's a problem but they won't stop it.There is a Brazilian playing for an African nation, he has no affiliation with, why did he pick to play for them? Said it will help his career, f*ck*ng hell.Heck Di Stefano played for 3 sides
You must be talking about Santos he played in Tunisia he scored goals moved to France.Then Tunisia told him that he qualifies to play for them.So in 2004 he thought f*ck it Brazil will never pick him so he played for Tunisia in the CAN edition of 2004 on home soil(he starred and they won it)Di Stefano that was madness he played for Spain,Argentina,Colombia but I think Puskas was allowed to play for both Hungary/Spain.I remember a few years ago Qatar tried to take the piss they offered the likes of Dede(Dortmund) and his brother along with Ailton(Bremen) 1m dollars each to take Qatari nationality.FIFA put their foot down and they asked Brazilian FA what they think,They just laughed and if Qatari FA wanted they would send them 100 pages of fax containing brazilian footballers they didn't and had no intention of capping.
Nah wasn't Santos this is a very recent one he was a goalkeeper. Not sure if you listen to the BBC World Service "World Football" podcast but it was on there a couple weeks ago, not sure which episode I'll have to go back and listen.I knew they tried for Alton but didn't know about Dede. Their side at the recent Asian Cup was full of non-Qatari's, its just "Hey you are good here is xxxx amount we'll fast track your passport and you play for us", sorry I just don't agree with it. Now they hope their academy will bring through this talented bunch. I'm still skeptical of the whole thing, the sad thing is we see this a lot during athletics and they don't even bat an eye lid.Fifa's foot has gone down to an extent.

happens in athletics and other olympic sports all the time.

• Upvote 1

Not sure if serious.The stats for that game reflect the stats overall. Messi gets the similar goal counts, double the assists, more successful dribbles (NOT more dribble ATTEMPTS), more shots on target with less shot attempts.All down to one thing. He's just a much more intelligent player & as you get older, THAT'S what counts.In fact, not sure if anyone's clocked, but Messi's acceleration has taken a SLIGHT decline over the last 18 months. And he's gotten better.

Guest Portuguese
If Wenger does not go in for Mexes he one big f*ck*ng cunthouse.
It would make sense a French ball playing CB who can actually defend(would cost less than the combined transfer fees of Silvestre,Squillaci,Koscielny )If he is still a bosman I have this feeling he will go AC to replace The Great Nesta.Just done some quick research would Wenger be prepared to swallow his pride and pay a defender this type of salaryRoma's plan to offer Philippe Mexes a contract renewal could collapse as the defender is demanding €5 million per annum wages.Mexes, 28, has been waiting on a renewal since the summer, but it was pushed back to facilitate the American takeover at the Lupi.However, with that reaching its conclusion soon, there is a window to discuss the new terms ahead of his current June 2011 contract expiry.But les-transferts.com report Mexes has asked Roma chiefs for €5m a year wages to keep him in the capital, with directors baulking at the demands.It's now down to the new owners to decide whether to play a part in negotiations with the Frenchman and keep him on their side.

Guest Portuguese

Mexes I think has a better rapport with Sir Alex than he does with WengerA TOP young defender has lifted the lid on Sir Alex Ferguson's desperate attempts to tap him up for Manchester United. Rising star Phillipe Mexes exposed Fergie's illegal approaches to lure him - and the accusations could land the Scot in trouble with FIFA FIFA International Association Football Federation [French Fédération Internationale de Football Association]FIFA f if his club Auxerre make a complaint. In an astonishing insight into the legendary manager's methods, Mexes told how Ferguson wrote to him regularly and personally took him and his family on a guided tour guided tour guide n → visite guidée;Fergie is expected to try again for the star when the transfer window re-opens in January but Mexes has also revealed he fancies a move to arch- rivals Arsenal. The 20-year-old said: "Alex Ferguson has been trying to get me for some time now. In 1998 he invited me to visit his set- up with my parents and he's also given me a shirt with number 6, Mexes printed on it. "He always sends me Christmas cards and once I even got a letter from Eric Cantona. "But Arsenal are a very big club with a great manager and if they were interested I'd seriously consider it."