International Break 03/11

Guest FA23

is wilshere at this stage in his career better than nicky butt or danny murphy?

• Upvote 1

That's not even really the point, your calling man average. If Wilshere is classed as average then the levels need to be totally reclassfied. Wilshere has been putting in consistent performances this season for us constantly. Pretty much ran the show against Barcelona at home. Wilshere is already a good player based on his form and ability he's shown this season. Nicky Butt and Murphy are 2 players who have bags of experience and know their games throughout, how are you really gonna compare to a man who has like 2 seasons of premiership experienceComparison is redundant

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Guest M12 Part 2

But thats the whole point of potential. You can't talk about him like it's guaranteed he will be better than those players. Because it's not. Ask Cherno Samba. You can say he's good for his age or he's ahead o his peer group. But that doesn't instantly translate into him being Englands best player in 5 years. Although I agree that it's more likely to happen than not guys like michael Owen and Joe Cole have shown potential isn't a guarantee of becoming great.

• Upvote 2

sometimes poor>>> usually consistent <<<<sometimes goodnever exceptionalThat to me is average.He looks like he will one day be a match winner, game changer and good player, but right now he is still average.

• Upvote 1

England love giving guys 1 cap so they are tied from playing for another nation

Guest Portuguese

About time I wonder when this would happenInterest in Standard Liege star Axel Witsel continues to grow and he impressed scouts from seven Premier League clubs at the weekend.Midfield ace Witsel scored both goals in Belgium's 2-0 win over Austria in a Euro 2012 qualifier on Friday. It is believed more than half-a-dozen Premier League clubs were present in Vienna to see Witsel's impressive display. Arsenal, Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea, Tottenham, Newcastle and Bolton were all in Austria. Of those sides, it is understood that Arsenal and United were there with Witsel their primary scouting target. It also gave them a chance to check on team-mates Steven Defour and Eden Hazard, although the Lille winger did not come off the bench. The interest in Belgium's young stars, though, is not limited to Premier League clubs as a host of other teams were present. Barcelona, Inter Milan, AC Milan, Ajax, Bayern Munich, Borussia Dortmund, Schalke, Werder Bremen and Bayer Leverkusen were also represented. Witsel himself admits he does not think about clubs watching him, saying: "There are great clubs in the stands during an international game, and maybe I scored at the right time - but I never go on the field thinking about them."

sometimes poor>>> usually consistent <<<<sometimes goodnever exceptionalThat to me is average.He looks like he will one day be a match winner, game changer and good player, but right now he is still average.
TBH, it's more of a case of your criteria being flawed than Wilshere being an average player.He's a promising player who HAS been consistent. Nothing more, nothing less. That doesn't mean he's average.