The Summer Transfer Thread

It's true to an extent but he did cost 16m which at about twice the price of aye Bebe I'm sure you will all agree is excellent value.
looooooool stop kidding yourselveswe would take bebe over n over n over again for 7 mil (or was it more like 2, with huge add ons)instead of paying 20 for jords mate ( or was it more like 16 as you say)meh... potato potatoe

It's true to an extent but he did cost 16m which at about twice the price of aye Bebe I'm sure you will all agree is excellent value.
looooooool stop kidding yourselveswe would take bebe over n over n over again for 7 mil (or was it more like 2, with huge add ons)instead of paying 20 for jords mate ( or was it more like 16 as you say)meh... potato potatoe
lol there's been speculation since January that you were going to buy him this summer.
Bruce said: "It's fair to say that all of the big managers all around the country have asked to be kept informed if we ever decide to sell Jordan Henderson.But I think the kid and his dad see the next couple of seasons as the most vital for Jordan."Former Reds skipper Bruce added: "There will come a time undoubtedly when he'll want to go and play in the Champions League and want to win Champions League trophies and further his England career.
The gargantuan headed twat said this in January so he obviously wasn't talking about us, Ferguson tried to hijack our deal at the last minute but got rejected. /Bebe 2 million? His agents got more than that
reports in Portugal later claimed the fee was €9 million, of which the agent company Gestifute received €3.5 million (included agent fee) and the club only received €5.5 million
pmsl at paying £7.4 million for a player you could have got for a cup of tea and a kip on your sofa a few months earlier. Unfortunate.

Luka Modric dropped a bombshell on Tottenham when he told Sportsmail he wants to leave White Hart Lane and sign for Chelsea.The midfielder took the stunning decision to declare his reasons for wanting to join Chelsea, who are preparing a second offer for the Croat in the next 48 hours. It is an action that will enrage his employers and Spurs supporters, but Modric says he wants to move to a club with ambitions of winning the Barclays Premier League title and is going public to force the issue.True Blue: Luka Modric has dropped a bombshell on Tottenham by asking to leaveLast night the 25-year-old spoke to Sportsmail from his holiday boat and said: ‘I want to leave Tottenham as friends. I have enjoyed my time there, but now it is right for me to look at another club. 'I have an arrangement with the chairman. When I signed my new contract, he said that, if another club came to sign me, they would consider the offer.’A second Chelsea offer is due - and this time the price will rise from their opening £22million bid to closer to £30m. And Modric said: ‘Chelsea are a big club with an ambitious owner. They have great players and they have ambitions to fight for the title and win the Champions League. ‘I want to stay in London. I am very happy here and so are my family. I like the city.’Stuck in the middle: Modric doesn't want to anger Tottenham fans but is desperate to win trophiesThe news will explain why Manchester City and Manchester United have been monitoring and talking, rather than formally bidding. They have clearly got wind of Modric’s desire to stay in London in the last 24 hours, which puts Chelsea in pole position.‘I don’t want to have an argument with Tottenham,’ said Modric. ‘The supporters have been very good to me and I have enjoyed my time playing for the club, but it is for football that players leave clubs and move. It has happened to Tottenham before. It is normal for a player to dream about playing for a bigger club.’Modric will speak to Spurs chairman Daniel Levy about arranging the transfer but insists the desire to leave is not about money. Taste of the top: Modric has been driven by his desire to play in the Champions League again‘If somebody comes to the club and the offer is good for me and acceptable to them, then I want to leave,’ he said. ‘It has to be good for my ambition. It has to be a club who are winning titles and playing in the Champions League.‘This is not about money, it is about ambition. When I came to England, I was dreaming about winning titles. That is still the same.‘Tottenham are a big club, with good players and a good manager, but I want to fight for the championship. Spurs will always have a place in my heart. My experiences in the Champions League have left me with the desire for more.’Rebuilding project: Harry Redknapp and chairman Daniel Levy face the tough task of finding a replacement for the supremely talented Croatian midfielderWhen asked what happens next, Modric said: ‘I need to talk with the chairman. I won’t ask for a transfer, no. That would be disrespectful. I hope they can reach an agreement (with another club) that is satisfactory for everyone. I am on holiday, but I need to speak and to see if I can find a solution to this.’Spurs fans will expect Levy to offer Modric a new contract and keep his word. The chairman has said that he will not allow the player to go, while manager Harry Redknapp described the original Chelsea offer as ‘ridiculous’.Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2004862/Luka-Modric-exclusive-I-want-join-Chelsea.html#ixzz1PZhu7sgX
ORNLUKEY
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Owes Spurs another season.
He owes Spurs nowt, owes Harry a yearHarry got him playing, before that Spurs tried to slow his progress down with Ramos n his circusi said at the start of this window Spurs & Blackburn are some of the best places to go shoppingTbh losing Modric will be a blessing in disguse imo, hes one of the reasons they're so open, when him and VDV play its like ders 2 no.10's... he has done great for Spurs, if they replace him with Parker they will be more solid down the centre of the parkI love Modric as a player he is top draw, I wud like him to go Utd but he would do well at Chelsea in a 3 man midfield, diamond or playing wide left of a front three or flat 4----Sandro--Hudd----Azza-----VDV----BaleThere wasnt much difference between Huddlestone n Modric the season before last imo, they complemented each other well in CM t
  • Upvote 1