VIP2 MOVIE CLUB pt.2

Admin.

didnt think that much of it tbh, michael cera coked up and raping emma watson bits were funny tho

my run of watching poor films in the cinema continues, swear the only half decent film ive seen in the last 6 years was Seven pounds

nah, Danny McBride was funny throughout the film

and are You saying:

Now You See Me

World War Z

Cloud Atlas

Django Unchained

Side Effects

Stoker

Trance

The East

Man of Steel

Wolverine

are poor?

didnt think that much of it tbh, michael cera coked up and raping emma watson bits were funny tho

my run of watching poor films in the cinema continues, swear the only half decent film ive seen in the last 6 years was Seven pounds

nah, Danny McBride was funny throughout the film

and are You saying:

Now You See Me

World War Z

Cloud Atlas

Django Unchained

Side Effects

Stoker

Trance

The East

Man of Steel

Wolverine

are poor?

aint seen any of them in the cinema, trusay im not a big cinema goer, but stuff like dark knight rises, inception, hangover 2, borat, safe house , all been let downs

/

watched this earlier, love finding out about this kinda shit

del toro and baldwin in that scene >>>>

• Upvote 6

watched the Conjuring

started off like them typical "possessed house" movies, but went on to take it to a new level, way better than its predecessors.

also had the typical jumpy moments done to great effect.

starts off slowly though, so You have to bear with a slow first 45 minutes or so.

at least that Only God Forgives trailer shows something, the one I keep seeing in cinemas shows absolutely nothing for me to know what the film's about.

I leave thinking all I've seen in the trailer is his face, his name, and neon lights

/

watched Red to decide if I'm gonna watch Red 2. It's decent, for what it is, will watch the 2nd.

thats another 1 i wanna go cinema for based on their previous work (loved drive), what was wrong with it exactly? hearing at cannes half crowd booed, half gave it a standing ovation

It's a frustrating experience Ryan Gosling says about 17 words the whole movie unlike Drive it's a lot more loose. And none of the other characters are as engaging.

It's an art movie taken to the edges of mockery.

yup, can confirm Only God Forgives is an art/alternative/experimental film, made by a writer/director who clearly isn't able in that style of movie (attempt at David Lynch/Terence Malik/Lars von Trier)

the Hollywood audience will not be entertained. random sequences will entertain, then You'll get bored again for a long time

the mum is the only interesting character, because she's creepy

I didn't like the monochrome colour effects, didn't enhance the film at all (see image below for example)

317426_139955586188172_757290735_n.jpg

the music is overbearing, at times it's like the music is the main focus, and the pictures is pushed to the background (not talking about the musical numbers, I mean actual scenes with no on screen musicians).

people will walk out of the cinema