VIP2 MOVIE CLUB pt.2

Admin.

Prometheus, The Dark Knight Rises and Avengers Assemble. After these will there be any decent films coming out this year?

Django Unchained

Lincoln + the vampire hunter one

The Hobbit

The Great Gatsby.

Bourne Legacy

The Gangster Squad

If I could watch Dark Knight Rises tomorrow but give up watching all these other films till next year.....I would do it.

July can't come any sooner

Been meaning to watch The Black Power Mixtape for a while just not found the time, has got some really good reviews.

Hmmm now here's one that caught me off guard 5 minutes ago before doing some research.

Scarlett Johansson will step into the shower to play Janet Leigh in a behind-the-scenes drama about the making of Psycho. Based on the 1990 book by Stephen Rebello, Alfred Hitchcock and the Making of Psycho charts the director's struggle to bypass the studios and fund a low-budget, black-and-white horror film from his own pocket.

According to the Hollywood Reporter, Johansson's arrival completes the principal cast. Anthony Hopkins is already on board as Hitchcock, while Helen Mirren plays Alma, the director's redoubtable wife. The Fox Searchlight production will be directed by Sacha Gervasi from a script by Rebello and Black Swan writer John McLaughlin.

Psycho cast the Hollywood actor Janet Leigh in the role of Marion Crane, the Arizona secretary who absconds with $40,000 and is then suddenly, shockingly knifed to death in the Bates Motel. The film sparked controversy on its release back in 1960, prompting the writer CA Lejeune to walk out of a press screening and immediately resign as film critic of the Observer newspaper. But Hitchcock's gamble paid off. Psycho went on to be a huge box-office hit, inspired a glut of sequels, rip-offs and homages and is now widely recognised as the director's most inspired picture.

Now I love Psycho and a huge fan of Hitchcock's work so I'm glad it isn't yet another remake of a masterpiece. I just hope they don't ruin something which has potential to be interesting. Still Johansson is one sexy bitch.

9/10
Splendid
A drama based on the true story of Melvin B. Tolson, a professor at Wiley College Texas. In 1935, he inspired students to form the school's first debate team, which went on to challenge Harvard in the national championship.
  • Upvote 1

i dont even fully understand what postmodernism is

don't worry, that is a wide club

it seems like a philosophical construct thought up in the minds of academics. The Simpsons parodied the concept pretty amusingly

sin city is another po-mo film btw

That doesn't mean it carries any less legitimacy. I love it tbh makes films more creative and original. I don't think sin city is either that's just good neo-noir

Ha why so defensive.

Firstly I think postmodern is subjective, it depends what you've seen in the past. If you've read watched and looked at a lot of weird stuff then something like sin city might not be too out of kilter with standard hollywood produce. If you want to see the films I think are p.m I posted them a few pgs back. Also gotta bare in mind the time it was made. For example you might think sin city was postmodern for switching up the graphics so blood came out white but I believe kill bill had already done that few yrs back

The Muppets (2011) 720p BR - 700MB - ShAaNiG

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011) 1080p BR - 1.42GB - ShAaNiG

Machine Gun Preacher (2011) 720p BR - 850MB - ShAaNiG

The Descendants (2011) 1080p BR - 1.2GB - ShAaNiG

Carnage (2011) 1080p BR - 1GB - ShAaNiG

all dropped