RVP Contract Situation

gemma

I agree with you on van Persie and their should be some feeling of owing Arsenal and Arsene... and there will be.... but it will only come into consideration if Arsenal are coming with a good rate finanically too. van Persie didnt make Dein his agent to not extract the maximum out of Arsenal as thats what Dein does!

Now after stalling and getting blown out of the water while we stalled trying to play hard ball with Nasri, who to some extent I think if he's honest didnt care where he played, you'd think Ivan would have learnt for RvP, Walcott, and Song.

Walcott who is effectively now out for the season, I bet his contract wont get done before he goes Euros.

• 2 weeks later...
Arsenal striker Robin van Persie was relaxed about his future as he collected the Football Writers' Player of the Year award, insisting no matter what happens during the rest of his career he would "always be a Gunner".

The 28-year-old Holland international topped the poll of journalists with a landslide victory ahead of Manchester United duo Wayne Rooney and Paul Scholes, with Fulham's Clint Dempsey fourth.

Van Persie's 35 goals in all competitions have helped propel Arsenal into the top four of the Barclays Premier League, leaving them on the brink of clinching an automatic place in next season's Champions League - a European campaign Van Persie looks set to be part of as he prepares for summer talks over a new contract.

"That is still the plan," he said."We haven't set a date, but I will have a meeting with the boss, like we did before now. We will be having a meeting about my future, and lots of other things.

"Arsenal is an unbelievable club. The player I am today is because of Arsenal. When I actually signed the deal (to join Arsenal) it was a dream come true.

"If you ask the likes of Robert Pires how he feels, what he feels like he will say, 'I feel like a Gunner' - and whatever happens with me, I will always be a Gunner."

Kmt all signs pointing to him wanting to leave with Wenger gassing fans (again) with the usual "hes committed, I expect him to sign" interviews.

Quote from Wenger today, "even if he doesn't (sign an extension), we want him to stay" What kind of bullshit is that.

Kmt all signs pointing to him wanting to leave with Wenger gassing fans (again) with the usual "hes committed, I expect him to sign" interviews.

Quote from Wenger today, "even if he doesn't (sign an extension), we want him to stay" What kind of bullshit is that.

8-)

Of course we do. Hes carried us & we will NOT replace him. Selling him would do more harm than good imo.

8-)

Of course we do. Hes carried us & we will NOT replace him. Selling him would do more harm than good imo.

Obviously, thanks for that.

My point is even stating that means there is doubt in Wenger's head before we have even offered him a deal. Its like hes conceding Van P's performances this year means he's out of Arsenal's range now.

Yes, hes out of our range if we are being run in the same manner we was in the 2010/11 season.

The awful summer last year, the awful start of the season and the fact that RVP is 85/90% the reason we are 3rd and still pose a consistent threat I do not want to be hearing "even if he doesn't." I want to hear we give him what he deserves and quickly before moving onto other areas of the team.

Yes, hes out of our range if we are being run in the same manner we was in the 2010/11 season.

The awful summer last year, the awful start of the season and the fact that RVP is 85/90% the reason we are 3rd and still pose a consistent threat I do not want to be hearing "even if he doesn't." I want to hear we give him what he deserves and quickly before moving onto other areas of the team.

As I said, I've been watching Bundesliga for years, Podolski is good enough, and worse case can replace RVP. Adebayor in my eyes still needs to be replaced and every attempt still at the club to replace him needs to be SOLD.

I'm not repeating myself too much. But another top striker is still needed, and shift them idiots we currently have.

What does this "no one is bigger than the club" term really mean?

Paying Van P the wages he deserves does not indicate he is bigger then the club! Is Rooney bigger than Utd? or Ronaldo bigger than Real?

The board MUST learn from last summer.

Did I say "Don't pay him the salary"? Where have I EVER said this in my 7,197 posts? I simply said "No one is bigger than the club", as in his reputation doesn't surpass Arsenal. Anelka, Henry, Campbell, Gallas, Cesc, Nasri, Vieira, Petit, Overmars, Adebayor, the list is ENDLESS. I've said numerous times put a blank cheque in front of him, but if he leaves, go sign someone else, not cry into your glass of wine.

/

As for learning from last summer, they clearly haven't, as we're in the same situation again. Only MUCH worse after today's result.

Forget the Spurs/Newcastle results tomorrow for one second. Even in the unlikely event they both lose, us not beating West Brom away means if we even draw Spurs still overtake us on GD if they win.

Today is the day it all ended. It's over. Because I don't see any more miracles this season. And I don't see us beating West Brom away.

Did I say "Don't pay him the salary"? Where have I EVER said this in my 7,197 posts? I simply said "No one is bigger than the club", as in his reputation doesn't surpass Arsenal. Anelka, Henry, Campbell, Gallas, Cesc, Nasri, Vieira, Petit, Overmars, Adebayor, the list is ENDLESS. I've said numerous times put a blank cheque in front of him, but if he leaves, go sign someone else, not cry into your glass of wine.

Again you didnt answer why you came in with no one is bigger then the club. How is it relevant?

Van P hasnt been holding the club to ransom or conducted himself in an innapropriate manner like the majority of the players you mentioned there.

And the reason we are where we are and not pushing for trophies is because we have allowed every player that wants more to leave rather than aim to fulfil their ambition at this club. So as much as it seems the board havent learnt, you as a fan dont seem to have learnt anything either. Where are we headed if we sell Van Persie who is the LAST remaining certified world class attacking talent we have?

You can say all this we have come back stronger before and show players that have left but there has always been an outstanding talent in the team but with Van P gone I dont see that and without a signing we would probably end up relying on Wilshere picking up his form from last season and becoming the star we know he can be.

Nobody is bigger than the club. However that doesn't just stop at the playing staff. The boardroom isn't bigger than the club either. They pay the wages with our money and I'm sure most fans would agree with RvP getting market rate, especially when we pay beyond market rate to watch the team.

• Upvote 1

Again you didnt answer why you came in with no one is bigger then the club. How is it relevant?

Van P hasnt been holding the club to ransom or conducted himself in an innapropriate manner like the majority of the players you mentioned there.

And the reason we are where we are and not pushing for trophies is because we have allowed every player that wants more to leave rather than aim to fulfil their ambition at this club. So as much as it seems the board havent learnt, you as a fan dont seem to have learnt anything either. Where are we headed if we sell Van Persie who is the LAST remaining certified world class attacking talent we have?

You can say all this we have come back stronger before and show players that have left but there has always been an outstanding talent in the team but with Van P gone I dont see that and without a signing we would probably end up relying on Wilshere picking up his form from last season and becoming the star we know he can be.

I totally see and understand your point. Mine is simple. If he leaves, the club won't go into administration and crumble. I can't make it any clearer than that. To sell Nasri and Cesc and replace them with signings we should have made a few years back and STILL potentially come 3rd means as much as we hate to see AW get away with it, be it other teams f**king up or not, still shows we're alive and kicking.

Once we made them sales and got hammered 8-2 you knew the Manchesters were running away with it. No one remembers 3rd, and no I'm not happy with it, but considering our season I'll take it.

Robin van Persie will be staying at Arsenal – if his wife and mother get their way.

It’s the news every Gunner fan wants to hear and there will be in-depth contract talks between the club and their 28-year-old star striker this summer.

But as far as Robin’s wife Bouchra is concerned, their family comes first.

She said: “We have been in ­London for eight years now. As a family, we love it here.

“Robin is captain of Arsenal and, as many people claim, the leader of the Arsenal team. Arsenal believed in Robin when he was young and when he was considered as a bit of a rebel.

“We don’t want to upset things at home either. Our kids, Shaqueel and Dina, go to school here in London and they are just as happy as we are.

“We still expect to sit down after this season is over and have a look at the future. We have to make some ­decisions at some point. But it is not just about Robin. He also thinks about us, his children and me.

“I also love it that everyone at ­Arsenal respects him. At the ­training ground, at the stadium, his teammates, the fans. Everyone comes up to me all the time to tell me how happy they are with him.

“I also see that Robin is really kind to everyone at Arsenal in ­return. As a skipper should be! A good captain should be ­concerned about the club, about the team, about everything ­involving Arsenal. Oh, and in the meantime, I have been promoted to ‘skip’s wife’.”

Even Van Persie’s mother, Jose, has joined the clamour for him to stay.

She said: “Arsenal is a ­beautiful club. They have no debts and Robin is being worshipped there.

“I honestly feel that the fans and the people at the club really love him. That is worth so much, too.

“When we go to Arsenal and we walk into the stadium with him, it is electrifying.

“As a mum, that fills me with pride. It is really fantastic. When Robin’s granddad, my dad, was over at the Emirates for his (91st) birthday and we were taking pictures inside, I heard grown-up people behind me say: ‘We love Robin’. As a mum, I could not wish for a nicer thing.”

Van Persie, speaking to lifestyle Magazine ‘Heroes’ in Holland, ­admits his mum is right.

“I have got to know everyone at the club. The kit man, the laundryman, everyone really. I know ­everyone by name. I love all that.’’

Wife Bouchra added: “When it was his grandad’s birthday, Robin took the entire family to the dressing room.

“His grandad went to sit in ­Robin’s seat in the dressing room and walked through every room of the home team. He loved it.’’

Van Persie added: “My grandad also wanted to walk on the pitch. But as we all know, the grass is almost sacrosanct and nobody can walk on it after a game. Not even your family.

“But when our groundsman saw grandad standing on the ­touchline, he said, ‘Robin, YOUR grandad can step onto the pitch’. Well, you see, that’s Arsenal.”

Van Persie says he will let his family choose after his career is over if they want to live in England or head home to Holland.

He ended: “While I am playing, I realise that it will be mainly me who decides where we live.

“If my kids want to go back to ­Holland, we will do. But that won’t be for another 10 years, I think.

“My kids speak better English than Dutch at this moment. They attend a real English school, not an international school.’’