Week 24 - Premier League 11/12

User

Portugal forward Danny faces eight months out after sustaining a serious knee injury which rules him out of UEFA EURO 2012 and FC Zenit St Petersburg's UEFA Champions League knockout stage campaign.

The 28-year-old suffered the injury on Sunday in Florence, where Zenit have a training camp ahead of next week's visit of SL Benfica in the first leg of their round of 16 tie. Danny underwent a series of tests yesterday, when a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee was diagnosed along with meniscus damage.

"My first feelings on Sunday, when I got the injury, were that it was a serious one – there was real pain in the knee," said Danny, who scored twice in four appearances for Portugal in EURO qualifying but will now not travel to June's final tournament.

Bayern Munich could be on the verge of signing Switzerland star Xherdan Shaqiri amid reports the Basel forward is to undergo a medical with the German giants.

Bayern manager Jupp Heynckes was on Monday tight-lipped over the club's interest, despite suggestions they want the 20-year-old after missing out on Borussia Monchengladbach'sspacer.gif Marco Reus.

But German newspaper Bild was on Tuesday reporting £7.5million-rated Shaqiri is in Germany in order to undergo physical tests before signing a four-year contract.

Heynckes had told Suddeutsche Zeitung: "I have watched Basel play. It is clear that some players stand out."

Guest whowantswhat

Bayern Munich could be on the verge of signing Switzerland star Xherdan Shaqiri amid reports the Basel forward is to undergo a medical with the German giants.

Bayern manager Jupp Heynckes was on Monday tight-lipped over the club's interest, despite suggestions they want the 20-year-old after missing out on Borussia Monchengladbach'sspacer.gif Marco Reus.

But German newspaper Bild was on Tuesday reporting £7.5million-rated Shaqiri is in Germany in order to undergo physical tests before signing a four-year contract.

Heynckes had told Suddeutsche Zeitung: "I have watched Basel play. It is clear that some players stand out."

they can get 15m plus for him.

fuck adriano was a beast, cant believe he let it all slip away.

• Upvote 1