FANTA

Stevie G in his pomp is easiiy better than Yaya

Yaya is technically in a different league to Gerrard, even though Gerrard has better technique in his long range shooting.

Gerrard has a better shot full stop. A better passer too

I like Stevie but sorry bro, Stevie has the tendency to rush his passing and play back to the keeper alot, this is because he doesn't see options like Yaya.

I still think if Pato weren't injury prone he's be the best striker in Europe

What better than Van Persie, Aguero, Tevez, Benzema, Villa, Ibra, Falcao, Cavani????

Yes

The same Pato that couldn't even get into the starting line up at the Olympics???

You f*ckin idiot

Do you know how many injuries this guy has had? Completely ruined him

Pato was disgustingly SICK. Feel sorry for him. Needs to move. Should've gone PSG tbh.

/

Scholes>>>Gerrard. In every aspect in every department. I'd take bets that Gerrard cannot adapt nor maintain himself and his level of performance once he reaches Scholes' age. I already think Gerrard should be a squad player at Liverpool (If they had better players) and Hodgson should end his International career.

I'm trying my hardest to stop myself from going as far as saying Scholes now>>>Gerrard in his prime.

• Upvote 1

Lol you man fully don't rate Steven init

He's good.

But not the best English player ever.

Probably not even the best Liverpool player ever.

Not being the best Liverpool player says is no slight on his ability whatsoever, from time Barnes (who imo would be amongst the very best in the world if he was playing today) isn't generally regarded as the best Liverpool player of all time you know the levels are way high.

/

lol at Yaya having better technique than Stevie, some of you are delusional.

Gerrard's shortcomings are related to his typical English all action midfielder mentality but please don't get it twisted technically he is very, very good.

I don't expect him to last anywhere near as long as Scholes primarily because the physical aspect of his game has taken it's toll on his body and it will firstly take acceptance that his body won't allow him to do the things he loves to do so much and secondly for him to adapt his game this late in the day. Scholes has always been a player that favoured brains over brawn (apart from when he tackles) so it isn't that much of a surprise he's lasted as long as he has.

Lol you man fully don't rate Steven init

He's good.

But not the best English player ever.

Probably not even the best Liverpool player ever.

Not being the best Liverpool player says is no slight on his ability whatsoever, from time Barnes (who imo would be amongst the very best in the world if he was playing today) isn't generally regarded as the best Liverpool player of all time you know the levels are way high.

/

lol at Yaya having better technique than Stevie, some of you are delusional.

Gerrard's shortcomings are related to his typical English all action midfielder mentality but please don't get it twisted technically he is very, very good.

I don't expect him to last anywhere near as long as Scholes primarily because the physical aspect of his game has taken it's toll on his body and it will firstly take acceptance that his body won't allow him to do the things he loves to do so much and secondly for him to adapt his game this late in the day. Scholes has always been a player that favoured brains over brawn (apart from when he tackles) so it isn't that much of a surprise he's lasted as long as he has.

good points brah

They are all major players playing at their childhood club (bar Alves)

No reason to leave

Yaya wasn't guaranteed to start or play the position he wanted, his brother was at city, he was offered astronomical wages and the club was offered a huge fee

He's already floated his name several times via his agent as looking for new challenges so he's a mercenary anyway and will prob be at psg in a year or two

Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Alvez etc have nothing to achieve too then. They should all leave then

:/

Yaya had nothing left to achieve at Barca and said he wanted a new challenge

Did the players you mentioned say they wanted a new challenge?

You think he really wanted to? He was told he could to leave as he was deemed surplus to requirements

They are all major players playing at their childhood club (bar Alves)

No reason to leave

Yaya wasn't guaranteed to start or play the position he wanted, his brother was at city, he was offered astronomical wages and the club was offered a huge fee

He's already floated his name several times via his agent as looking for new challenges so he's a mercenary anyway and will prob be at psg in a year or two

I saw reports today linking him with a move away from City as he feels like he's achieved enough there, PSG was the rumoured destination of course.

Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Alvez etc have nothing to achieve too then. They should all leave then

:/

Yaya had nothing left to achieve at Barca and said he wanted a new challenge

Did the players you mentioned say they wanted a new challenge?

You think he really wanted to? He was told he could to leave as he was deemed surplus to requirements

Yaya rejected a Barca contract offer in summer '09 that he felt wasn't good enough cause at the time I think he was one of the lowest paid players at the club

City had been chasing him for 18months

Yaya and his agent use this interest to drop a 'new and improved contract or else I'll leave' ultimatum in summer '10 which Barca turned down so Yaya started looking towards the exit door for a new challenge and more money

Now with City willing to offer £24m for a player with 1 year left on his contract and Pep seeing the potential in Busquets, Barca told Yaya he could leave