Are you proud to be British?

kerser

Have you ever stepped on a piece of land and felt home, like truly at one with that land?

South LDN

i don't get this anywhere.

lived in various towns/countries.

nothing feels "homey"

been to the motherland/fatherland. same story, just feel more outta place tbh.

forever alone :(

how come everyone keeps ducking me??

wheres your motherland?

when did you come to England?

Why did you come to England?

How can you respect yourself as a man living in a country, which you dont like, dont like it's history,culture etc etc??

or were you born here, educated here, given a job here, maybe claimed benefits from here, post in the clothes thread and trainers thread about sh*t you bought here, posted in the sports forum about the team you support here.... but hey nahh it aint your country is it???

lol yet us white lads are the ones against you :rolleyes:

As far as I'm concerned Britain owed me a living

Terrible attitude to have

Yeah?

Tbh there's alot of people who thought and died for us to have the rights we have today.

Those people gave us some kinda of platform to go out and get what we want, equality, etc.So for you to say you feel asif your owed something is spitting in their face and what they fought for.

wheres your motherland?

How can you respect yourself as a man living in a country, which you dont like, dont like it's history,culture etc etc??

or were you born here, educated here, given a job here, maybe claimed benefits from here, post in the clothes thread and trainers thread about sh*t you bought here, posted in the sports forum about the team you support here.... but hey nahh it aint your country is it???

Yeah?

Tbh there's alot of people who thought and died for us to have the rights we have today.

Those people gave us some kinda of platform to go out and get what we want, equality, etc.So for you to say you feel asif your owed something is spitting in their face and what they fought for.

British imperialism destabilized the continent of our origin, if it wasn't for hundreds of years of exploitation and brutality then we probably wouldn't be in this country.

• Upvote 1

wheres your motherland?

Yeah?

British imperialism destabilized the continent of our origin, if it wasn't for hundreds of years of exploitation and brutality then we probably wouldn't be in this country.

Really don't see what that has to do with my point. How long are people going to sit here and use history as an excuse ?

Guest PROFIT MARGINS

A lot of guys fantazinsing about the 'motherland' tbh

What fantasizing?

That they would have a better life there.

/

Tbh regardless of what Britain has done in the past even if u base this question solely on Britain today the answer would be no.

But I am glad and greatful I live here I wouldn't want to have grown up anywhere else.

wheres your motherland?

Yeah?

Really don't see what that has to do with my point. How long are people going to sit here and use history as an excuse ?

History affects the present, its not an excuse its the truth.

wheres your motherland?

Yeah?

Thought = Thinking

Fought = Had a fight

Some people are taking the arguement down a different road tbh,

saying your not proud to be "British" doesn't mean you don't want to live here or don't admit that your life here is better than it would be elsewhere

also, If somebody doesn't feel British, then they don't feel British or are proud of the nation, no amount of talking will change the way somebody will feel about the issue,

i asked the question earlier on,

if someone can list for me the reasons in detail why they are proud to be British then they can ask someone to explain in detail why they are not,

but it seems like its just like many other things, where "i feel this way, i can't say why in any great detail, but i just do" (for both sides)

agaian i'd like to state that me asking why people are proud is not a confrontational thing, but i am honestly curious,

• Upvote 3

also, people saying history has no bearing on the present,

give your heads a wobble,

if this was the case and we only ever went by what was in front of us on a daily/weekly/yearly basis, then now I definitly see no reason to profess your pride in this Nation.

the proud to be British thing itself is based largely in a "Glorious" (to some) history,

• Upvote 2

wheres your motherland?

Yeah?

Thought = Thinking

Fought = Had a fight

I was going to say something but you know...