Are you proud to be British?

kerser

for people who aren't proud to be British, and/or actively dislike Britain, how can you feel proud in yourself as a man, while your living in,and benefiting from a country you dont like?

i just can never imagine moving to somewhere, not liking it,its history,its culture,its people etc etc,... just dont see how you can be proud as a man putting up with that sh*t all the time, i'd have to move away back to my home country....but then i guess thats the problem, for most people you wouldnt be "going back" as you were never born there.

C/s m12

Toneys tag is the worst tho Anglo carribean? Sounds like a new ribena flavour

I love England as a country, love English history but I don't feel any affinity for Wales or Scotland and have never tread on the land so don't see why I should call myself British.

Some white people say as a black person you can be British but not English, I think that's complete ass and makes no sense.

No disrespect but you are a guy born in East Africa who would rather play national football for the ultimate blonde hair blue eyed master race, that to me is pretty fucked up lol.

• Downvote 1

I'm grateful for what britain has given me but proud is pushing it.

How can i be proud of a country that's one of the primary reason for how f*cked up my home country is

^^^^^

Pretty much this .

Love the people ,Love the area that i live but i really hate the government,the monarchy and the whole system .

Could never consider myself a brit what with all the f*cky that has happened to the motherland .

For those Africans/asians celebrating the queens Jubilee

here's excerpts from This Queen's Uncle's consort's book he wrote while in charge of West Africa

From 1922 to 1936 Sir frederick Lugard was British representative on the League of Nations' Permanent Mandates Commission. Lugard's The Dual Mandate in British Tropical Africa was published in 1922

In this work, Lugard outlined the reasons and methods that he recommended for the colonisation of Africa by Britain. his justifications included spreading Christianity and ending barbarism. He also saw state-sponsored colonisation as the way to protect missionaries, local chiefs, and local people from each other as well as from foreign powers. Also, for Lugard, it was vital that Britain gain control of unclaimed areas before Germany, Portugal, or France claimed the land and its resources for themselves.

He realised that there were vast profits to be made through the exporting of resources like rubber and through taxation of native populations, as well as importers and exporters. In addition, these resources and inexpensive native labour would provide vital fuel for the industrial revolution in resource-depleted Britain as well as monies for public works projects. Finally, Lugard reasoned that in order to remain a super power, Britain would need to hold colonies in order to avoid appearing weak.

He reasoned that black Africans were very different from white Europeans. He considered that natives should act as a sort of middle manager in colonial governance. This would avoid revolt because, as Lugard believed, the people of Africa would be more likely to follow someone who looked like them, spoke their languages, and shared their customs even though they were micro managed by the British.

Olufemi Taiwo argues that in fact Lugard blocked qualified , and Educated Africans from playing an active role in the development of the region, preferring to advance prominent Hausa, Fulani, less educated and feudalilstic leaders into Governing structures.

Lord Lugard married Flora Louisa, daughter of Major-General George Shaw, a senior journalist and writer for The Times.

The continuous marriage of Monarchy/Governance/Military/And media to perpetuate daemonism shown here.

so be proud of whatever aspect of Britain you like...just make sure you get as much as you deserve from them as they have taken from you and your families.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

here's excerpts from This Queen's Uncle's consort's book he wrote while in charge of West Africa

From 1922 to 1936 Sir frederick Lugard was British representative on the League of Nations' Permanent Mandates Commission. Lugard's The Dual Mandate in British Tropical Africa was published in 1922

In this work, Lugard outlined the reasons and methods that he recommended for the colonisation of Africa by Britain. his justifications included spreading Christianity and ending barbarism. He also saw state-sponsored colonisation as the way to protect missionaries, local chiefs, and local people from each other as well as from foreign powers. Also, for Lugard, it was vital that Britain gain control of unclaimed areas before Germany, Portugal, or France claimed the land and its resources for themselves.

He realised that there were vast profits to be made through the exporting of resources like rubber and through taxation of native populations, as well as importers and exporters. In addition, these resources and inexpensive native labour would provide vital fuel for the industrial revolution in resource-depleted Britain as well as monies for public works projects. Finally, Lugard reasoned that in order to remain a super power, Britain would need to hold colonies in order to avoid appearing weak.

He reasoned that black Africans were very different from white Europeans. He considered that natives should act as a sort of middle manager in colonial governance. This would avoid revolt because, as Lugard believed, the people of Africa would be more likely to follow someone who looked like them, spoke their languages, and shared their customs even though they were micro managed by the British.

Olufemi Taiwo argues that in fact Lugard blocked qualified , and Educated Africans from playing an active role in the development of the region, preferring to advance prominent Hausa, Fulani, less educated and feudalilstic leaders into Governing structures.

Lord Lugard married Flora Louisa, daughter of Major-General George Shaw, a senior journalist and writer for The Times.

The continuous marriage of Monarchy/Governance/Military/And media to perpetuate daemonism shown here.

so be proud of whatever aspect of Britain you like...just make sure you get as much as you deserve from them as they have taken from you and your families.

What has your motherland done for you compared to this country?

All good being proud of your heritage but having the attitude of loving your motherland more then the country that provided everything is a weird notion as why am I loving off a land that has gave me little but hating on the land that has given me so much more and for the future

If I loved my motherland so much and did not like it here would go back tbh

referring to a 'foreigner's' country of birth is an institutionalised aspect of Britain that many ethnic minorities have subscribed to.

if you havent consistently heard or read reference's to someone's place of birth or heritage then you're deaf and dumb

When its good : "the british man/woman did this or that"

when its bad : "the zambian born-man/woman/brit (if you're lucky), Zambian born-man/woman (if you're not)"

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

All good being proud of your heritage but having the attitude of loving your motherland more then the country that provided everything is a weird notion as why am I loving off a land that has gave me little but hating on the land that has given me so much more and for the future

No disrespect by the way but there is a difference between loving your mother land, feeling the pain of your people and hating another set of people.

I don't hate england/britain ATALL but i am not british .

Living in a different country (where you are a minority) makes you proud to be British. I didn't give a shit before, but I feel more British (and proud) now than ever....

Over here, the French stick together. There is a real community spirit amongst them......same with the Germans, Italians, PRC Chinese, Russians etc etc. The Brits here also follow suit.

I don't get that feeling when I'm actually in the UK though.

It's just one of them things when I was in Tenerife spent most our time beefing the nazi's and down the English pub mixing with the Brits, when the Spanish cunts starting using racist terms when to Dutch and English shops and restrants. Stick by your own

the motherland birthed me, so i always feel close to it

i got love for both though, but i just cant feel proud to be anything for some reason

Being completely honest. I feel British on passport alone. From my own personal experiences I dont feel like the "natives" see me as equal to them and this "look what england has done for you" talk doesnt wash with me, my parents are only here because my dad studied here and got work afterwards. Its not like they welcomed him in and said come here and do nothing. The condition of him being here was that he studied and found work afterwards to contribute to the UK economy. There was a mutual benefit and as we are seeing now when the country doesn't feel like outsiders are bringing anything to the table they slam the door shut very quickly. If only they would do that to their own people ey?

How can I feel British when as soon as I take off my shirt and tie, the majority of people think im a criminal. When that changes, I'll feel British.

pos'd

Pissed if you have a Brit passport but dont integrate into society because you feel other people have more of a right

Its your country and be proud about it dont feel sorry for yourself like your an outsider when your making yourself an outsider

You have as much right as others just because there fam might of immigrated at an earlier date dont allow yourself to be excluded

don't think anyones saying they don't or don't want to intergrate to society,

You are what makes this country

Rep this country and make it great

We are what represents this nation today and beyond

People in the past from many nations treated other people cruelly but now we are in an age were we can change what this nation represents

some would say The likes of John Terry is what makes this Country what it is, (example)

In the same way i wouldn't openly and avidly big up a company i was working for that had a shady past, i feel abit of in the notion of professing any pride in being British, 1, i dont see anything to really be proud of, Baring the world wars, (a big thing i know) 2 there is more to be amazingly ashamed off, 3 what does it actually mean to be British, coz if all it consists of is merely living here then i don't know,

on a side note

a few months ago i was in a resturant, and the waiter was one of those friendly types, Jokes and always asking if there was anything to do for us, at one point he asked where i was from, now seeing as though this resturant was in Central London and at times I speak in a Mancunian accent, (certain words) i thought he meant that, so i said i'm originally from Manchester, he said "no no, i mean where are you really from" so i told him my parents were born in the Caribbean, now he didn't mean it in an offensive way, but that is a insight into how we as non-white people are viewed generally,

but yeah, i'd genuinely like someone to tell me, WHY they are proud to be British, as a lot of the time i hear people say it but when i ask why, they can't really tell me why,

(this is not me saying there aren't any reasons. its just me saying i don't see any)

Culture is a commodity really, it's all coincidental

Pride in things like your race or your nationality or your post code or any of that sh*t is dumb

Having pride in something you didn't create/ have a say in choosing = retarded

this is something i buy into largely if not fully, but there are some exceptions.

edit

i love the opportunities britain has given me

but this is a house built on the blood of my ancestors

your kumbaya mindset is ideal but does not apply in real life

i can't forget one side of me especially when pl ask me were im orginally from

f*ck it, britain has a duty to me and minorties for its sins