When/if you have children will/do you take them to a place of worship on a regular occurence

The Somalian

its all dumb

which brings up another point

only reason ill let my kids celebrate christmas is cause i wont want them to feel left out from their peers and whatnot

unless they decide they want to be religious

I used to feel it for the JWs at school during Xmas, they weren't involved in any Xmas plays/assemblies/activities.

what's JW?

its all dumb

only reason ill let my kids celebrate christmas is cause i wont want them to feel left out from their peers and whatnot

I used to feel it for the JWs at school during Xmas, they weren't involved in any Xmas plays/assemblies/activities.

i never felt left out as a Rasta child

it was me, my JW bredrin and another Rasta yout in my year who used to sit outside LOL. jokes lookin back but we had eachother

all throughout school, people were like 'omg u dont get presents'

and i was always like yh so what, my sister on the other hand, it still enrages her to this day

on topic, I used to go to rasta HQ on the third sunday of the month

really wouldnt change that for the world because it was very beneficial, being around other rasta children, learning about the bible etc, listening to peoples testimonies, the community feeling

and like someone else said my mum stopped going an just put me an my bro on the bus

but I won't be taking my children to any place of worship because HQ doesn't stand as it did back then and I don't go myself

i get the whole christening event being traditional. I love a good christening/family get together but I do think its a bit ridiculous that you perform this ritual on your child and you are completely not religious

some people just go for a non religious naming ceremony

its all dumb

i never felt left out as a Rasta child

it was me, my JW bredrin and another Rasta yout in my year who used to sit outside LOL. jokes lookin back but we had eachother

all throughout school, people were like 'omg u dont get presents'

and i was always like yh so what, my sister on the other hand, it still enrages her to this day

on topic, I used to go to rasta HQ on the third sunday of the month

really wouldnt change that for the world because it was very beneficial, being around other rasta children, learning about the bible etc, listening to peoples testimonies, the community feeling

and like someone else said my mum stopped going an just put me an my bro on the bus

but I won't be taking my children to any place of worship because HQ doesn't stand as it did back then and I don't go myself

i get the whole christening event being traditional. I love a good christening/family get together but I do think its a bit ridiculous that you perform this ritual on your child and you are completely not religious

some people just go for a non religious naming ceremony

Why did you not participate because you are rasta? I was brought up Ethiopian Orthodox (rasta) which is more or less Christian don’t

know why you was not allowed to participate only thing I think are different is celebration of Christmas and new years and also have to

fast a few times a year.

• Upvote 2

I was bought up in twelve tribes and we didn't celebrate christmas because we don't believe that Christ was born at that time of year and didn't want to take part in a celebration which was tagged on to a pagan festival

my rasta bredrin at school was also bought up in the Ethiopian World Federation and wasn't allowed to participate either i suppose for same reasons

You are on a computer right now only because of the science stuff, the laws of the universe have always been present, only now we know how to manipulate some of them.

I grew up as religious as a kid possibly can, in my 6 weeks holidays I used to be at church summer camp, during the week I would be with the nuns, it was by far the single biggest aspect of my life until 16.

I am as righteous to my fellow man now as I was when I was a practising Christian.

Being religious has nothing to do with being a humanitarian or being righteous.

• Upvote 1

lol at believeing in god

yo absolute weak willed lames

my child will know how humanity was enslaved by religion

he will know that islam has laid waste to the country of his ancestors

we carved buddhas out of the mountain sides before the islamic dark age took our names and made us slaves

he will be a free minded godless evidence based peer reviewed studious afghan hero

i wouldnt bat an eye lid if he came home with darren his white abercrombie and fitch employee boyfriendo or f he turned around and said he was gna have a sex change..

id slap him on the back and tell him i love him regardless

if he came home talking that 'i just took shahada and i want to find god' nonsense i would disown him and never speak to him again and cut him out of my will... sh*t will not run

LIVE FREE BITCHES

brought a tear to my eye

yes, my daughter knows shes a muslim and attends arabic/quran classes with other kids her age, although tbh i think they just enjoy going to play with eachother.

I wont force her to wear hijab, that will be her choice when she gets to that age.

No parent should force their child to wear the hijab... but what they seem to be failing at, is explaining why it's important to wear.

/

Never really understood why people have Christenings just because it's tradition.

You do not follow religion, yet you enter a church and allow a pastor/priest to bless your child with holy water :/ If you don't believe in religion, surely you don't believe in said rituals? Yet you allow it? lols

Same way people get married in church when they don't believe in God smh.

/

Tbh I don't know yet because I'm still in limbo with religion.

• Upvote 1

No parent should force their child to wear the hijab... but what they seem to be failing at, is explaining why it's important to wear.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hijab

Like I said I ain't religious but I love the idea of the Hijab.

Women watch how they act when they have the veil over their heads.

It's like they are burdened with responsibility, their demeanor is just humble.

A lot of women in this day and age could do with a Hijab.

• Upvote 1

Too long to explain on here lol

I'm genuinely interested being from a religious background and turning my back on it aswell.

Tbh as much as I'm in limbo, it's strange because my faith in God is still present.

I began to think Christianity was a load of bull when nobody could explain to me how Jesus is God AND the son of God. Just couldn't get my head around the trinity and how Christians happily celebrate things such as a christmas when it's not in the bible. I had these discussions with my best friend and one day she put on a lecture for me to watch (she's muslim).

The guy leading the lecture had grown up as a Christian and had the same issues as me, researched every religion under the sun and finally found Islam was the right path for him to follow. I cried watching that lecture and felt like a right doughnut as the tears dropped.

I started my investigation with Islam and things began to make a lot of sense. However, when I started getting deep into it, I didn't feel comfortable with certain things. I have one muslim friend who keeps insinuating we get married and one day he said something that made me think :o get out of here please.

The fact that I couldn't chill with my male cousins anymore without covering my head made me feel uneasy... the boys I grew up with and who I look to as brothers. I don't care if you can marry your cousin, that ish don't sit right with me. I understand the concept of why free mixing is not allowed, but religion + humans = common sense out of the window.

There's so many things I could sit here and nit pick, but I don't fancy writing an essay.

The fundamentals of Islam is what drew me to it.... worshiping one God and One God only. The brother/sister hood etc etc. I still cry when I watch people reverting to Islam. I feel so over whelmed when I listen to recitations from the Quran and I know it means something. But when I start going in deep, it begins to make me feel how Christianity made me feel... lost and unsatisfied.

Yet I still have a strong belief in God... I'm in a very confused place right now.

Interesting, of the numerous issues that I've heard people have with religion that's the first time I've ever heard anyone point that out.

To me religion isn't based on logic so if you're of a the christian faith something like there being a trinity would be something quite trivial when you compare it with other aspects of the faith.

• Upvote 1