When/if you have children will/do you take them to a place of worship on a regular occurence

The Somalian

Soca I feel you, you sound like me 16-20 when I began reading more into science and history.

I even had a Somalian friend at college buy me books on Islam, the love in that religion is special but growing up in church I know before Islam was Christianity and before Christianity was Judaism, being all Abrahamic religions they all fall into the same bracket for me.

Where I am now is I feel there could be a greater power or energy, I don't really know though, I feel that following Science doesn't mean I have to give up that right it kind of liberates me in the fact I don't have to take all the crap from religion which I have issues with and the stuff which in 2012 is clearly laughable (no offence to anyone here).

I think it's ok to say I don't know what happened before the universe as we know it came to being, but trying to understand what may have happened rather than trying to explain it with a pre school story is an important element of me being able to call myself an intelligent adult.

I began to think Christianity was a load of bull when nobody could explain to me how Jesus is God AND the son of God. Just couldn't get my head around the trinity and how Christians happily celebrate things such as a christmas when it's not in the bible. I had these discussions with my best friend and one day she put on a lecture for me to watch (she's muslim).

this isn't taught in the Bible and is essentially made up/assumed by humans

the Bible mentions all 3 existing, but doesn't say they are the same

Jesus directly says in Revelation 22:9 "No, don't worship me. I am a servant of God, just like you and your brothers the prophets, as well as all who obey what is written in this book. Worship only God!"

Luke 4:8 Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Worship the Lord your God and serve him only.'"

I mean no offence to anyone's beliefs

• Upvote 1

massive no blashpemy in advance. I mean no blasphemy whatsoever.

BUT

my opinion is that the entire Bible should be read as if the stories are fictional, but with a moral to them

eg

Jonah being swallowed by a whale because he tried to run away from God's will.

I would say that this didn't happen, but the story shows that You can't just get on a boat and run away from God, as he is everywhere.

none of it is meant to be disputed, argued about the facts, etc, we just take the moral lesson, and learn what can be learned from the story. like any of Aesop's Fables.

Too long to explain on here lol

I'm genuinely interested being from a religious background and turning my back on it aswell.

Tbh as much as I'm in limbo, it's strange because my faith in God is still present.

I began to think Christianity was a load of bull when nobody could explain to me how Jesus is God AND the son of God. Just couldn't get my head around the trinity and how Christians happily celebrate things such as a christmas when it's not in the bible. I had these discussions with my best friend and one day she put on a lecture for me to watch (she's muslim).

The guy leading the lecture had grown up as a Christian and had the same issues as me, researched every religion under the sun and finally found Islam was the right path for him to follow. I cried watching that lecture and felt like a right doughnut as the tears dropped.

I started my investigation with Islam and things began to make a lot of sense. However, when I started getting deep into it, I didn't feel comfortable with certain things. I have one muslim friend who keeps insinuating we get married and one day he said something that made me think :o get out of here please.

The fact that I couldn't chill with my male cousins anymore without covering my head made me feel uneasy... the boys I grew up with and who I look to as brothers. I don't care if you can marry your cousin, that ish don't sit right with me. I understand the concept of why free mixing is not allowed, but religion + humans = common sense out of the window.

There's so many things I could sit here and nit pick, but I don't fancy writing an essay.

The fundamentals of Islam is what drew me to it.... worshiping one God and One God only. The brother/sister hood etc etc. I still cry when I watch people reverting to Islam. I feel so over whelmed when I listen to recitations from the Quran and I know it means something. But when I start going in deep, it begins to make me feel how Christianity made me feel... lost and unsatisfied.

Yet I still have a strong belief in God... I'm in a very confused place right now.

Clearly, you love the fundamental side of the religion, which is the more important. But you also burdening yourself by trying to apply all the Islamic laws, which is scarying you away. This is also very difficult to do, even born muslims find this hard

My advice to you would be not to lose that faith that you have in Allah and to take babysteps when it comes to applying Islam to your life.

The way I was not aware there was a rasta HQ. what's it all abt smaddy?

for the 12 tribes of Israel there are HQs in most major cities across the world

think Manny has one, and other places in the UK

its a meeting place really, meetings are held there which are more a less like a church service

dances are held, if someone dies the wake can often be held there

always open to visitors

The way I was not aware there was a rasta HQ. what's it all abt smaddy?

for the 12 tribes of Israel there are HQs in most major cities across the world

think Manny has one, and other places in the UK

its a meeting place really, meetings are held there which are more a less like a church service

dances are held, if someone dies the wake can often be held there

always open to visitors

googled that, next ting

also learned a new term, ethnoreligious groups

always asked people what Judaism is and no one ever told me this

Lens what is your opinion on the fact there is no contemporary physical description of Jesus in the Bible?

i dont like christians chatting crap about other religions when many dont even know whats in their own bible most of the timesimilarly its annoying when people who dont believe in anything start talking about stuff like its fact. There is a contemporary physical description of Jesus in the bible. if you dont know this YET have taken this upon yourself as fact, then u shdnt be talking. plain and simple, no i am not going to show you where it is.....but its there.

this isn't taught in the Bible and is essentially made up/assumed by humans

the Bible mentions all 3 existing, but doesn't say they are the same

Jesus directly says in Revelation 22:9 "No, don't worship me. I am a servant of God, just like you and your brothers the prophets, as well as all who obey what is written in this book. Worship only God!"

wrong

john bowed down to an angel and he said dont worship me

I feel closer to Islam then Christianity. Like Soca, the fundermentals are attractive and make sense.

/

I hate people who split science away from religion, like say you have to believe one or thee other. Both and help eacg other tbh. Islam hasn't been against science at all and promotes science and tells us to find out more about everything.

• Upvote 2

Lens what is your opinion on the fact there is no contemporary physical description of Jesus in the Bible?

i dont like christians chatting crap about other religions when many dont even know whats in their own bible most of the timesimilarly its annoying when people who dont believe in anything start talking about stuff like its fact. There is a contemporary physical description of Jesus in the bible. if you dont know this YET have taken this upon yourself as fact, then u shdnt be talking. plain and simple, no i am not going to show you where it is.....but its there.

Maybe our definition of a contemporary physical description differs because there isn't 1, there is no description of Jesus' facial features and physical appearance from an eye witness source in the bible.

And I do have belief in something, just not in the bible.

I hate people who split science away from religion, like say you have to believe one or thee other. Both and help eacg other tbh. Islam hasn't been against science at all and promotes science and tells us to find out more about everything.

How does Religion help Science?

From when ^ is finding sense in your religion it's time to convert

Embrace Jesus people

You are worshipping someone who asked god basically how could god have put him through the crusifix (sp), why would god ask god that?

It's also weird why people mention jesus instead of god when praying etc.

Jesus didn't die for our sins, the jews wanted him dead and "supposidly" got the romans involved to merk. If he died for our sins, we are not accountable for ANYTHING bad that anyone has done post the 0 century. This makes no sense.

I could go on and on but I'll stop now.

• Upvote 3

Islam and maybe other religions, tell you to keep on learning and to use science. It doesn't contradict science. There isn't a bias that the qur'an gives you all the answets about the universe.

• Upvote 2

Islam and maybe other religions, tell you to keep on learning and to use science. It doesn't contradict science. There isn't a bias that the qur'an gives you all the answets about the universe.

This is very true, islam is a huge advocate of seeking knowledge, i could give literally hundreds of examples.

For hundreds of years muslims were at the forefront of science, astronomy, medicine, architecture etc, sadly it seems cultural traditions and in-fighting took over where it now seems that muslims have been left hundreds of years in the past and are now stagnant. Ive long said muslims should go back to the basics of islam and apply it to modern times and become the power they once were.

The Quran includes the story of Noah and there is no scientific evidence for a flood of the proportions in that story so that does contradict science.

my opinion is that the entire Bible should be read as if the stories are fictional, but with a moral to them

God killed everyone except Noah and his family because they were serving God rest of the world were sinful

moral - in the end, only god's people survive.

BUT, also this story means there has to have been incest.

Christian I consulted said the flood would have been after the Snake Hunter HD age

yeah but real talk if they really wanna go they can get themselves up on Sunday/Friday and take themselves

cba

or ill leave out money for them the night before to jump in a cab

ill teach them about religion though from young, just like I was, then like I did, they can decide whether they want to follow it or not