Do any of the black users on here have white 'uncles/auntys'

kerser

its the english language/culture

almost everywhere else has a respectful word for an elder person to you and the equivalent from an elder to younger

and when there is a huge age difference aunty/uncle is used out of respect

if some of the kids called me by my first name which i prefer in england no one really cares...they might be corrected once

over here its straight backhand

• Upvote 2

Wait hows local telling you lot you are new to the language and noones taking offence, WTF, like say the majority weren't all born and raised in this country with that language, what the f*ck does calling your aunty or uncle by their first name have to do with your grasp of english, WTF?!?!?!

im saying ur respective communities may have misconstrued the importance of hierarchal family labels when first adopting the language

maybe it shows insecurities on behalf of ur elders the fact that the use of these labels must be enforced well into adulthood

maybe it all actually comes down to a cultural lack of respect?

jus theories bra

What does your language have to do with the title? You are foolishly assuming that the title preceded the intention, which is nonsense. From the dawn of time, amongst any group there have always been titles used to differentiate between humans, based on age, sex and role within the community. Its not a misjudgement to intend to display in all communications with someone thats older than you, a level of respect. If your peers call you by your first name you wouldn't expect someone 20 years your junior, with whom you are blood related to do the same thing. That transcends mere language, thats culture, I have no problem with you wanting to call your uncles and aunts by their first name, but don't for a second try to insinuate that those of us who decide not to, do so out of a misunderstanding of a language thats been used in many of our countries since their modern conception. I have white friends who refer to good family friends as "uncle and aunt" so to suggest is purely an ethnic thing is misguided in the extreme.

1. everything

2. i imagine that is for the most part true

3. i wasn't the 1 initially assuming this was an issue of ethnicity, i was responding to the idea

white people and disrespecting parents

but why is this tho... casually swearing in ur house

argh mum for f*ck sake man

dad, f*ck off stop doing that

wtf is this

bloody white people man seriously

Thats is a stereo type I dont know any white person who would openly swear like that infront of their parents

• Downvote 1

wtf is this

Thats is a stereo type I dont know any white person who would openly swear like that infront of their parents

Lies

• Upvote 4

wtf is this

I don't get this either tbh. 'cause you will find white and black households in the same situation with the same sort of background, but some white kids will think no way of back chatting or swearing in front of parents - though I don't think I've ever heard a white person talking about getting beats so maybe that's where its stems from - the punishments

• Upvote 1

wtf is this

Lies

How?

it is a negative stereo type I know people who swear but not people who F and Blind infront of their folks its a respect thing

• Downvote 1

wtf is this

It's funny how you are getting at whites for disrespecting their dads. Your dad disrespected you when he dumped his sperm inside your mother and bounced. Does he even know what day your birthday is on?

Seriously it's ridiculous that half the members on here who say sh*t like "fck my dad" have the audacity to get at white families cos they call their aunt by their first name

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

wtf is this

It's funny how you are getting at whites for disrespecting their dads. Your dad disrespected you when he dumped his sperm inside your mother and bounced. Does he even know what day your birthday is on?

ill just leave u with a neg

• Downvote 2