Do any of the black users on here have white 'uncles/auntys'

kerser

Where's the mixed race people in that family? Because they are the link

thats what i was looking for till i clocked the young coulpe in the middle

seems like the white family invited her bf and his siblings over for sunday lunch

It's called respect

But I shouldn't be surprised this type of thing happens a lot in Belgium and France

I remember when I first met my French aunt she told me to call her "Anne Marie" and I refused and called her Auntie instead

She was mad happs because I showed class

respectively, its not called respect mate

respect is called respect

u cant just come to england, make up ur own rules with the english language n then judge the english cos they dont follow ur imaginary rules

as i said, u lot got ur wires crossed when adopting the language

as we grow up we no longer need these linguistic reminders of family structure n we get treated as equals

maybe its evolutionary n other peoples still have the need for these reminders so they dont try overthrow grandads reign, but there's no lack of respect in our family ta

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

It's called respect

But I shouldn't be surprised this type of thing happens a lot in Belgium and France

I remember when I first met my French aunt she told me to call her "Anne Marie" and I refused and called her Auntie instead

u cant just come to england, make up ur own rules with the english language n then judge the english cos they dont follow ur imaginary rules

as we grow up we no longer need these linguistic reminders of family structure n we get treated as equals

maybe its evolutionary n other peoples still have the need for these reminders so they dont try overthrow grandads reign, but there's no lack of respect in our family ta

:/

• Downvote 1

It's called respect

except that they didnt just come to england and the language was adopted from other languages, some of where THEY came from

• Downvote 1

out of curiosity, are the labels of aunty n uncle universal?

like is it commonplace in africa n asia to have a word meaning uncle put before the name?

This is defo a cause of why whites have less respect for iimmediate family imo.

woi i dont even kno how to converse with some1 with this lack of rationality

please explain how this works

Local is a professional tr0ll Lol.

mate im jus trying to figure out people's logic

why cant i call my uncle by his 1st name?

how does this reflect badly upon my people?

where does this stereotype of lack of respect come from?

if i think back to the people i know who don't respect their family / have family rifts, most of them aint white

could all of earth's problems be solved through the universal allocation of preceding labels?

all im sayin is for this to be such a necessity to actually have respect for your own family, then somethings wrong enit?

dont play innocent

innocent with what?

cuz I highly rate black on black relationships?

Ok mate.

think hes jus referrin to that fact ur a racist

blacks cant be racist...

but thats a debate for another night.

Single most ridiculous thing I have read in this thread, what a backwards and deluded opinion, wake up bro.

• Upvote 7

i did grow up with it

but i'm now an adult

my dad still has living uncles, we see them at weddings and funerals

are u telling me that if we didn't happen to be souless barbaric whites then my dad at 50 odd yrs of age would be referrin to an old man as uncle fred

"pass the salt please uncle fred"

"hi how are u doin uncle fred"

he's a grown man ffs

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

dont play innocent

innocent with what?

cuz I highly rate black on black relationships?

Ok mate.

think hes jus referrin to that fact ur a racist

blacks cant be racist...

but thats a debate for another night.

Single most ridiculous thing I have read in this thread, what a backwards and deluded opinion, wake up bro.

Daemonz only come in one shade bruh..

• Downvote 7

Wait hows local telling you lot you are new to the language and noones taking offence, WTF, like say the majority weren't all born and raised in this country with that language, what the f*ck does calling your aunty or uncle by their first name have to do with your grasp of english, WTF?!?!?!

im saying ur respective communities may have misconstrued the importance of hierarchal family labels when first adopting the language

maybe it shows insecurities on behalf of ur elders the fact that the use of these labels must be enforced well into adulthood

maybe it all actually comes down to a cultural lack of respect?

jus theories bra

• Downvote 1

Wait hows local telling you lot you are new to the language and noones taking offence, WTF, like say the majority weren't all born and raised in this country with that language, what the f*ck does calling your aunty or uncle by their first name have to do with your grasp of english, WTF?!?!?!

im saying ur respective communities may have misconstrued the importance of hierarchal family labels when first adopting the language

maybe it shows insecurities on behalf of ur elders the fact that the use of these labels must be enforced well into adulthood

jus theories bra

What does your language have to do with the title? You are foolishly assuming that the title preceded the intention, which is nonsense. From the dawn of time, amongst any group there have always been titles used to differentiate between humans, based on age, sex and role within the community. Its not a misjudgement to intend to display in all communications with someone thats older than you, a level of respect. If your peers call you by your first name you wouldn't expect someone 20 years your junior, with whom you are blood related to do the same thing. That transcends mere language, thats culture, I have no problem with you wanting to call your uncles and aunts by their first name, but don't for a second try to insinuate that those of us who decide not to, do so out of a misunderstanding of a language thats been used in many of our countries since their modern conception. I have white friends who refer to good family friends as "uncle and aunt" so to suggest is purely an ethnic thing is misguided in the extreme.

• Upvote 6

jus theories bra

What does your language have to do with the title? You are foolishly assuming that the title preceded the intention, which is nonsense. From the dawn of time, amongst any group there have always been titles used to differentiate between humans, based on age, sex and role within the community. Its not a misjudgement to intend to display in all communications with someone thats older than you, a level of respect. If your peers call you by your first name you wouldn't expect someone 20 years your junior, with whom you are blood related to do the same thing. That transcends mere language, thats culture, I have no problem with you wanting to call your uncles and aunts by their first name, but don't for a second try to insinuate that those of us who decide not to, do so out of a misunderstanding of a language thats been used in many of our countries since their modern conception. I have white friends who refer to good family friends as "uncle and aunt" so to suggest is purely an ethnic thing is misguided in the extreme.

+1