Pep Guardiola

Fighting Weight

"We are just a few steps away (from winning) the German Cup and the German league, if we win on Saturday against Berlin, we'll be champions.

"That impresses me when I see how many problems we have had. But I know which club I am at, it isn't enough to win the Bundesliga and the cup.

"Only a treble is enough for a club like Real Madrid, Barcelona or Bayern, but I am proud to be here with these players."

• 7 months later...

Bayern Munich honorary president Franz Beckenbauer hopes Pep Guardiola signs a new contract with the Bundesliga champions but suggested Manchester United might be his best option if he moves on.

Guardiola, whose three-year deal with Bayern expires at the end of the season, is set to make a decision on an extension before the end of 2015 but has been strongly linked with both Manchester City and United, although he ruled out Real Madrid. 

Beckenbauer, who has returned to his punditry role with Sky along with his ambassadorial role at Bayern after recent controversy, said the former Barcelona coach may view Old Trafford as the best option if he leaves Germany.

"Pep is interesting for every top club in the world," Beckenbauer said. "That's just normal.

"He can pick his club -- and in terms of popularity Manchester United might be the No. 1 worldwide."
In Beckenbauer's column for Bayern's official US website, he underlined his appreciation for Guardiola's work since taking charge in 2013.

"Pep Guardiola has brought invaluable insight and wisdom to the team, and it's my hope that he stays at Bayern," Beckenbauer wrote. "The between him and the club over the last three years has been very productive."

He added: "FC Bayern Munich are in great form this season with the best start in Bundesliga history, and the consistency and level of performance are the result of Pep Guardiola's consistent work.

"You can clearly see that the team has developed even further. A good coach has his ideas and visions, but they only work when they're implemented by the team. And that's the case with Pep, the team, and FC Bayern -- a partnership that couldn't be better."
He said Guardiola, who has led the club to back-to-back Bundesliga titles, must now look to oversee a repeat of the Treble that his predecessor Jupp Heynckes won in 2012-13.

"The end has not yet been reached, the mission not yet accomplished -- that would be the Treble," he said.

Would be rolling round the sports room like 

oie_23193626Ukw6IufJ.gif

Gonna come spurs to manage kane & ali when poch goes madrid

Martial

De Gea

Smalling

Shaw

Blind

Janajuz

Pereira 

Depay (still only 21, cant be written off yet)

Plus a blank chequebook 

Plus 5/6 other youngsters like Gribbin, Rashford, Foshu-Mensah, Tuazabe and Goss who have loads of potential.

You can't compare any of those forwards to the calibere he's managed before

Pmsl

Guardiola has been working with some of the best players EVER, and then best of their generation, followed by best in the world.

Whole list bane dropped in comparison is epic dust

Mt st helens dust. Even those good players and the ones with massive potential are laughable compared to what he's had to work with previous. The interest in United would be fuck all to do with any of those players and more to do with turning them back into world beaters, water into wine mircales.

• Upvote 3

Whose comparing them to Xavi, Messi etc though?

He'll realistic be coming epl. It's a list of players he could work with and build a squad around.

What team in the world would you inherit 5/6 world class players like he did at Bayern and Barcelona? Nowhere

Trolling for the sake of trolling.

Have you both read both of Peps books which detail what he likes in a club and players btw?

f*ck a book

We have seen for our own eyes

Pep takes jobs with the foundations already in place

Jobs?

He got promoted from Barcelona B after turning them around, both results and playing style.

Only job he actually has gone for so far is Bayern. Which enabled him to a) work in Germany B) transform their whole playing style which he has done. Also he took over a treble winning team. Most managers wouldn't want that pressure.

Two books of his words, values, wants and thoughts >>>> assuming something because he took a job at Bayern.

Then again he deprived your club of trophies and success for so long, so I can see why you're so bitter. The fact you cannot get the best manager in the the world, along with the best keeper. I ain't mad at ya Porch.

• Upvote 1