Oliver Giroud

mark_INIESTA_davies

• 1 month later...

21 goals**

*has missed the most clearcut chances in the league

**failed to score against a single top 4 side

/

giroud wont mind being a squad player, he and his teammates know hes not that guy. hopefully wenger does and were not stuck with another almunia situation.

• 1 month later...

“I feel I can go on improving,” he told L’Equipe. “I can improve some parts of my game and have better statistics.

“For a forward, statistics are important, especially when you negotiate a contract :/. In the Champions League, it was more difficult. But you also need titles and key performances.

“I am working hard in front of goal post to try to sort out some details. I think about missed opportunities, notably against Chelsea.

Former Montpellier forward Giroud, who made the switch to Emirates Stadium in 2012, is keen to review his performances and admits Arsenal boss Wenger is looking for him to develop into a more intelligent player.

“I have to be more decisive in the box, but also in my way to keep the ball and defend,” he added. “You have to be demanding, trying to find peace in front of goal.

“At least once a week I try to work in front of goal. I have been doing it systematically since I have been at Arsenal. I need it.

“Arsene Wenger often gives me corrections after matches. We are talking about opportunities.

To him, I am not crafty enough. Once he told me I am too frank in my runs, too predictable. I have to be more confusing. :Y:

To him, I am not crafty enough. Once he told me I am too frank in my runs, too predictable. I have to be more confusing. :Y:

His runs are confusing enough for me.

I remember watching one game and he ran nearpost... beyond the nearpost, then beyond the 6 yard box.

Then he moaned when the ball got crossed in to the center of the box and nobody was in there.

Alrite then he can assist more

Most footballers would rather play along side Giroud than ade. Whose assist and link up play is weak. Giroud will only post big numbers when he finds another selfless strike partner not a poacher or speed merchant

+ people forget suarez was at one point seen as wasteful and we was looking to sign someone whose better infront of goal. Rodgers started playing suarez upfront by himself and his confidence and form went up 100%

Im not giroud is a donkey compared to luis but im saying how a general "fanbase" see something and start scapegoating

People knew suarez was a hit from the moment he started dribbling against Utd on his debut. While the fans said he Is "shit"(still scored 12-13 with a few assists) for a season and a half. Before that ajax form clicked and he started taking pl for the dutch league. Im saying giroud is a good player he is a mobile berbatov which is a great thing imo as far as ballers go

• Downvote 1

who're these people u tlkin bout g

every1 who known about suarez from the long time he been doin numbers on the euro circuit been knowing he's a baller and wudnt have a problem adjusting to prem life

the berbatov comparison is lazy tbh i see where u going with it but nah, giroud is never finishing like berbs who could bang from outside the box, left foot right foot etc

yeah he has the pretty flicks and dinks but vision aint up to par with berbs either although like u say assists n touch is girouds stronger department

on the day of the FA cup final i was tlkin to my boy like if giroud needs to bag for us to win and that if he don't we should be looking to replace man asap

as luck would have it he didn't need to bag and he got an assist at the end, but he had his chances as well and for most of the match was a passenger (not just him ozil was frass and ramseys goal covered up a patchy performance though ill bly him cause he was fresh home)

i like him for his link up play and what have you but he is not clinical to be our #1 imo

despite this he is our #1 and like i said before whoever we buy will have to either work with him or displace him

Bruv im telling u bare liverpool fans was saying suarez was wasteful. Play kuyt upfront with carroll and a lot of crazy stuff. Rodgers switched it up he went upfront to do his stuff and it clicked. Before he was missing sitters/hitting the post bar every game. They started flying in and everyone fell back in line and started seeing him as our star player

Im just saying fans chat the most shit. I was watching giroud against the swiss i seen him do one touch in the first half he stood and raised his foot to his head and controlled it dead. Only berbatov or zlatan can pull off that touch as a target man. His finishing needs to CLICK i say the jury is out until December he should start getting used to the keepers/defenders etc

Giroud is sick the berbatov stuff isnt lazy when berbatov went to spurs he has similar goal scoring rate to giroud at montpillier

bruv are you talking about the same giroud? touches like that from giroud are rare not the norm,  his finishing is bad because his shooting tekk is bad, and he has no idea what to do if it comes to his right foot, those bad seasons do you have like full stats for Suarez?

Suarez potential was far higher than man like Giroud

in a sense i do think one more season is kind of all he needs but i aint seen but one world class finish from him

no top bins no turn and shoot no composed placement

pure tap ins and header, sometimes man can't even set himself up without fluffing it

so i dont know if he has the above in his locker

hell i dont know if he has beat a keeper one on one in his locker and i would rather he had a touch like a donkey and was clinical than had them type of graceful touches and cant bang

berbs was never super prolific at spurs, low 20s max, but he would score in a variety of ways and he weren't as wasteful as giroud, so yeah maybe with a strike partner giroud will get better but right now i cant say im looking forward to seeing him leading the line next season

Yeah suarez was scoring more goals that van basten,bergkamp at ajax so his ceiling was significantly higher

You man watch him more than me but i like giroud a lot and i have a lot of time for a player like him. He isnt a heskey he is a scratch my back i'll scratch urs type of striker. He just needs someone quick/tricky to occupy defenders and leave space for him to manouver. Giroud is never going to take guys on or skin a defender inside out. He will bag goals off his partner like sturridge did off Suarez this year. Teams play with 4 defenders say giroud or player X occupies two of those defenders the other striker has 100% more chance of scoring. Even negredo did it and giroud is better than negredo

I'm happy with Giroud.

He needs help up front though.

Let me elaborate.

He clearly looks like he will work better with someone beside him up front.

I didn't mean take a squad player below him. I think we could use someone to partner him, better than him, because we don't have wingers.

Podolski is wasted and clearly not rated.