Bitcoin / Cryptocurrency / ICO / NFT Topic

Mr. Martinez

A friend of a friend who has over 100k in various coins is selling off all his bitcoin and investing mainly in Ether but also about 20 other altcoins.

He reckons it won't be long until Ether overtakes bitcoin, comparing bitcoin to myspace and ether to facebook. 

• Downvote 1

54 minutes ago, Anderson said:

Safe for the heads up. I was gonna wait till I got paid but might cop tonight.

Its only going to go up surely? Even if it crashes for a period itll eventually recover?

What you reckon? 

Long term it's only going up tbh so you can't really lose investing right now

Even when it goes down it goes back up very quickly its more price corrections rather than crashes

6 minutes ago, Meticulous said:

just ordered a nice amount

might be my chance to redeem myself 

From ?

coinbase only allowing me to buy £325 on my card

Yh ima do that 

card way wont even allow me to cop without bank authorisation anyway

need a localbitcoins type exchange

10 hours ago, Mr. Martinez said:

Do you not think Ethereum is a higher risk investment than bitcoin? 

No I think Ethereum is here to stay it has a really big dev community, big companies backing it whilst bitcoin is having some civil war between developers and the miners

16 minutes ago, Mr. Martinez said:

What would you say the cons are atm?

1) The pace of monetary growth is outstripping the actual usage of Ethereum no one is actually using it they are just trading and holding it in the hope that it will be used in the future

2) These corporations could just steal the ethereum technology and then set up their own private block chain that doesn't even interact with the public one meaning all this hype over corporate investment means nothing

3) It's definitely a bubble that will crash sometime there's too many companies raising too much money based on the ethereum platform with no product when those fail it will have a knock on effect on ethereum trick is to make your P early then diversify and get out/not invest more than you can afford to lose. Tbh though if it was to ever crash I would buy more because it will definitely go up again but if you invest more than you can afford to lose and have to cash out at a loss to pay bills you'll be pissed.

4) If the creator Vitalik gets assassinated or dies its peak because he understands the ethereum block chain technology the most and it needs him to help sort out a lot of scaling issues that are on the horizon as ethereum gets bigger

Some interesting cautious insights here cause most media will tell you that there is no risk at all personally I don't think there's much risk specially right now it's early as fuck but its good to keep this shit in the back of your mind before you start doing stupid shit like getting a loan or running up a credit card.

https://medium.com/@WhalePanda/i-was-wrong-about-ethereum-804c9a906d36

• Upvote 2

Thanks for that. Confirms some of what I was thinking. 

It's kind of why I asked if Bitcoin isn't a safer investment. It's got a lot of issues right now but at the same time it's actually being used for stuff. A lot of stuff. 

Ethereum does look really intetesting though. I just fear greed may have killed it before it even had a chance to succeed. 

Just remembered I have a few litecoins, I'd forgotten about. I might buy some ether with it in the next couple of weeks depending on how each moves. 

Be wary about buying any alt coins

All this stuff was said about litecoin, but at the end of the day if it isn't used to make transactions it isn't really worth the bytes it's made off.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, FA23 said:

Be wary about buying any alt coins

All this stuff was said about litecoin, but at the end of the day if it isn't used to make transactions it isn't really worth the bytes it's made off.

10 hours ago, Mr. Martinez said:

:lol: 

for real

but it is fun and super interesting

I'm looking to move into alt coins and filpping ICOs even thought the risk is waaaay higher

Can't make 10x flips off etherum and bitcoin 

7 hours ago, Meticulous said:

p's landed

/

With Bitcoin tho mist major cities have these 

C9nW-rqW0AAXplz.jpg

No longer just an alt coin, can check the price on XE as well.... only question is what price will it level out to

1 hour ago, Natty said:

I'm looking to move into alt coins and filpping ICOs even thought the risk is waaaay higher

Can't make 10x flips off etherum and bitcoin 

id say flip alt coins but dont invest and sit on them, always transfer back into BTC if you want to sit because it is actually used as a currency so it has that bit of stability.