Moyes Gone

HangTheDJ

If you think Moyes has done a good job then you must think Wenger's a genius.

Cos it still amazes me how journos love off Moyes and slag off Arsene. Bit like the occasional Spurs love in they have.

I mean what do I know? I'm just going by what I've read/been told but I'm under the impression that Wenger's had the money to spend and has chosen not to. Where as Moyes has consistently done well with money he's made through sales and nothing else. I'm personally on the fence regarding him taking over Man Utd because he hasn't won anything note worthy but he's done a superb job at Everton.

Most teams don't sell players for the amount Everton got for Lescott and Rooney so that has to be taken into consideration aswell.

He has been the highest placed British manager (apart from Fergie obviously) consistently so deserves his shot I guess.

I don't see it working out too well though.

The reason he had any sort of budget was because of these sales so what you're saying is redundant.

I'm not sure the reason behind his budget is relevant.

There could be multiple different reasons behind him having the money to spend, ultimately he has had roughly 17mill to spend every season.

I just can't call that very little money.

Especially when you take into consideration what Lahi said about £10mill flops.

For most teams that is a luxury.

If he had a net spend of £2mill on an average spend of say £9mill a season with the same results then I would say he has had to work with little money.

Net spend of 2 f*cking million Everton should be flirting with relegation nevermi a pushing valiantly but ultimately failing for a champions league place.

2 million since 2006!!

I pos'd your post on Moyes a bit back but if Moyes was alone in his achievements then he rightfully would be heralded but Wenger done the same job as him on less net spend and while both have not won a trophy, Wenger has got Champions League every year. So my point is you'd be hiring a failure compared to Wenger and that's not something we could ever have said about Ferguson.

If you think Moyes has done a good job then you must think Wenger's a genius.

Cos it still amazes me how journos love off Moyes and slag off Arsene. Bit like the occasional Spurs love in they have.

I mean what do I know? I'm just going by what I've read/been told but I'm under the impression that Wenger's had the money to spend and has chosen not to. Where as Moyes has consistently done well with money he's made through sales and nothing else. I'm personally on the fence regarding him taking over Man Utd because he hasn't won anything note worthy but he's done a superb job at Everton.

Yeah Wenger has just thought it was fun to sell his best players and have to start the recruitment cycle over and over again every summer, while the p is just sitting there. Meanwhile Everton have kept most of their player assets.

The uncertainty is nerve wracking really. Been spoilt for years knowing victory was a dead cert under Sir Alex. Most of us have no recollection or were not born when United were going through bad times and Fergie wasn't no immediate success when he came in. So maybe Moyes does deserve that shot at United. The Teams in good shape for him to take over now.

One everton fan slewing Moyes on talk sport :lol:

Said Moyes has destoyed every striker he has touched. Was that you Toney?

• Downvote 1

Wonder how Howard Webb is feeling

Same way he felt when he gave a red card to Rafael last weekend

I think you'll find the refs assistant made that decision and not Webb

/

Welcome to the real world of football, you man have been living in a dream your whole lives.