Moyes Gone

HangTheDJ

utd press office just ended mourinho

no hired gun and no quick fix

• Upvote 1

Former Manchester United goalkeeper Peter Schmeichel: "Disappointed, shocked, sad. Didn't think THAT day would be today.

Bath City chairwoman Manda Rigby recalls a moment when her father, Harold, who was a goalkeeper for United during the 1920s, was taken ill five years ago and admitted to hospital with just weeks left to live and Manda wrote to United.

"I told them that my dad had played for the club and asked if they could send him a note to raise his spirits," she tells thisisbath.

"What we got back was the nicest personal letter from Sir Alex. It was just so touching that he had made that effort to write back to us. For the last two weeks of my dad's life, he would show anyone who visited him the letter. He was so proud of it and it really helped."

Manchester United became the first club ever to complete the championship and FA Cup double twice in 1996, overcoming one-time runaway leaders Newcastle in the Premier League and then beating Liverpool 1-0 at Wembley.

Professional Footballers' Association (PFA) chief executive Gordon Taylor says Sir Alex Ferguson would be "the toughest act to follow".

"The game of football will be a lot poorer place without him. He has been quite simply the best. He followed in Sir Matt Busby's footsteps and even surpassed him," he says.

"He will be also be the toughest act to follow."

Chelsea pay tribute to Sir Alex Ferguson, saying: "All at Chelsea would like to wish Sir Alex Ferguson the very best in his retirement. He has been a fantastic adversary over 26 years."

Fifa president Sepp Blatter: "Just heard Sir Alex Ferguson is retiring at end of season. His achievements in the game place him without doubt as one of the 'greats'. Was honour to present Sir Alex with award at 2011 Ballon D'Or. Will his longevity at the top ever be repeated?"

A quick reminder of the trophies Manchester United have won during Sir Alex Ferguson's time at the club.

Premier League: 1993, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2003, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013; FA Cup: 1990, 1994, 1996, 1999, 2004; League Cup: 1992, 2006, 2009, 2010; Uefa Champions League: 1999, 2008; Fifa Club World Cup: 2008; Uefa Super Cup: 1992; Uefa Cup Winners Cup: 1991; Inter-Continental Cup: 1999; FA Charity/Community Shield: 1990 (shared), 1993, 1994, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011.

Former Manchester United striker Michael Owen: "It's just not sinking in! Manchester United with no Sir Alex just doesn't feel right. What a man and great that it has ended on his terms. What a privilege to have played under arguably the best manager the world has ever seen. His record will surely never be eclipsed. Simply astonishing to read through his managerial record of achievements."

• Upvote 2

Talksport banging the moyes drum smh

Thought my guy at work was taking the piss when he told me. was F5'n the official site until i saw the statement

//

DNT KNO WHY MAN ARE TALKIN ABOUT MOYES.

yeah the don is scottish and can work a budget but really? Really?

Not quite sure who we are going to appoint but right now the candidates are deadout only 2-3 managers i would accept.