Week 38 - Premier League FINAL DAY / Play Offs / Copa Del Rey Final

User

At Galatasary Ribery was left isolated on the left wing ready for counter attacks like Pedro and often run beyond Hakan Sukur as an auxiliary striker.

Really? Didn't watch Gala enough during that period so won't comment too much.

Even so, just because he was made to play that way, doesn't mean his skillset is suited to that role & goes back to my point, two players with two different skillsets for two different roles shouldn't be compared. The fact he didn't score any goals for Gala & just about got double figures for Marseille indicates he never really was a forward & maybe the Gala coach got it wrong trying to play him there.

At Galatasary Ribery was left isolated on the left wing ready for counter attacks like Pedro and often run beyond Hakan Sukur as an auxiliary striker.

Really? Didn't watch Gala enough during that period so won't comment too much.

Even so, just because he was made to play that way, doesn't mean his skillset is suited to that role & goes back to my point, two players with two different skillsets for two different roles shouldn't be compared. The fact he didn't score any goals for Gala & just about got double figures for Marseille indicates he never really was a forward & maybe the Gala coach got it wrong trying to play him there.

You make a good point and back in 2005 the 433 formation was non existant and playing a wide front three wasn't really accepted at the highest level.

He's thrived more in the 443 era than the 442 because he has more cover from midfield which allows him to go forward more often in a slow build up rather than a counter threat.

Ribery has never had an untouchable midfield behind him who could pass around the opposition all day, even Torres, Arbelloa, Navas, Negredo looked like world beaters and we all know they are far from that.

Just goes to show you what having a good midfield can do, Bayern have arguable the best ever in German football and its no surprise that Ribery has shone this year

Ribery is better then pedro, same way dinho is better then rivaldo...its not by a lot and its not all the time but just about in general.

I am worried a bit remember when Sunderland beat Newcastle and it was said the players never saw that as a big game. they see big games as newcastle vs Arsenal, vs Man united, vs chelsea so they may step up their game today

Something is seriously dodgy going on :lol:

I think Alan Sugar has told his boy (The guys that got Ashley the club) to have a word about the Newcastle game.

Ashley is offering 1 mil in bonuses if Newcastle beat Arsenal today :lol:

Saying that, Newcastle are hopeless and will lose 4-1 

Pedro >Ribery

Club level

International level

Ribery is nada outside Bayern

Pedro has has one good season

Valid point.

You could say that to be able to even play with that calibre of midfield speaks volumes of your ability.

/

C'mon fella, you & I both know the likes of Torres, Arbeloa & Negredo have never looked like world-beaters playing with Spain, haha.

:/

Torres has never looked top class for Spain? Errrm WC 2006? Euro 2008?

The others have never been in that category though

:/ :/

Darkman I need to dead this Torres hype once for all

He was good against Ukraine y Tunisa

Ghost against France

Subbed against Russia

Never saw the pitch against Sweden

Was ghost against Italy e Russia

Scored the winner against Germany and nothing else

That's top class?

SMH

I think Alan Sugar has told his boy (The guys that got Ashley the club) to have a word about the Newcastle game.

Ashley is offering 1 mil in bonuses if Newcastle beat Arsenal today :lol:

I swear the bonus aint for the players but standard people at the club????

Ashley is offering 1 mil in bonuses if Newcastle beat Arsenal today :lol:

I swear the bonus aint for the players but standard people at the club????

Yeah all backroom staff. I don't think it has to do with conspiracies, to boost morale after Pardew came out with the "it doesn't matter if we lose" comment.

f*cking hell, i forgot about this goal. 

I just remember the 3rd one when he threw the ball towards his goal :/

100 % Corruption

No GK playing in the highest tier of English football would have done this