A Gareth Bale Real Madrid

Mame Biram Diouf

@Sub Zero

Like I said earlier, saying Di Maria is superior of his game isn't to take anything away from Bale's. However if you are going to pick out those traits, at least be accurate in your choices & the evidence used too.

His decision-making is better because the stats prove it? You do realise that puts the likes of Theo Walcott on similar levels as some of the best players in the world right? Decision-making isn't something that is directly linked with goals & assists.

Playing in a lot of roles is one thing. Playing in a lot of roles at an ELITE level is another. Di Maria is superior in that aspect. Bale is very good at LW, excellent at AM & RW but even then, it's a free role. Which brings me to my next point, how can you compare their defensive competency when one doesn't defend? And it isn't because he's 'too good'. SUPERIOR players do it i.e. Ribery, Robben. There was a number of games last season where Bale playing at LW left the LB exposed.

And again, it's becoming clear how little you've seen of Di Maria. He covers more ground than Bale by his defensive duties alone. That is what gives him a superior engine.

WOW

Bale is not better than Di Maria.

'Athlete' vs footballer debate round 2

Not even.

But Di Maria is a better player tactically & mentally. This is what makes him superior.

You don't know this

Lol, if you've watched both players considerably over a period of 3-4 seasons, of course you can come to a conclusion.

I can turn around and say Bale has more determination than Di Maria. He strives to get better all the time and has improved at a much faster rate. You don't know if Bale is willing to turn into a robot for Madrid. Tactically Bale can defend and attack equally if he's asked to. Suggest watching the Utd game in detail for a good example. However, i don't think he's happy to play like that. As for a better engine? I don't think there's many footballers out there that has a better engine that Bale. Bale can play anywhere along the front line and can even play LB/LWB LW/RW so not sure how you have come up with that conclusion. Bale is the complete counter attacking winger/forward IMO.

Whilst you make valid points about Di Maria, there's nothing to suggest Bale will not be doing the same. He'll be playing a different role. We'll have to wait and see. Where normally he would try and score from 20-30 yards, he might opt to pass with better players around him.

Obviously Di Maria has better qualities at certain things. You could bring up a similar debate with Neymar as well. Everyone's got their own opinion at the end of the day

Only thing for certain that Di Maria will be on the bench and Bale will be the worlds most expensive player playing in his positions (Bar a f*ck up from Levy)

:rofl:

Di Maria>>>>

What a footballer

!!!!

No need for Bale when Di Maria is there im sure i said on here somewhere

but bale and di maria are playing different roles now so why no need?

but bale offers a completely different threat to di maria so your chatting fraff,

all them attributes you listed show why di maria is thriving in a a deeper midfield role while bale keeps scoring and assisting from the RW role

you couldnt swap them in their current roles and it be the same outcome, so obviously there is a need for both of them.

Thats true they are different players but the fact remains in big games and games where space is at a premium Bale is useless. Shown today once again. He cant really be going to madrid and thinking he is at WHL just shooting and running. He may be able to bully the small teams but this wont work on the big sides in big games. He will never be a world class player for that reason alone

he wasnt useless last night  :/

caused barca quite a few problems with his directness and should of come away with a few assits

if he came off instead of benzema 

real wouldnt have lost tho