RIP Choice FM: You bastards had a sh*t run

Supermalt

Who remembers when Richard Blackwood was on on Sundays.

Him and KAT used to be jokes i cant lie.

Altho Choice Fm wasnt the greatest they did have some good shows on their like the Soca, Afro Beats and Reggae chart shoes that catered to a particular audience. I cant see that happening now.

decent article tbf

I dunno, seemed out of touch to me, unless he was writing about his memories of Choice at the start of last decade.

Whenever I've switched the radio to ChoiceFM I've only ever heard commercial RNB/rap from the US, but he writes of it being some sort of haven for black music when really you'd get more music for black audiences during Westwood's drivetime 1xtra hours and much more support for UK artists. To me Choice largely represented what was wrong with black music in the UK over at least the last 5 years - with artists continually becoming more commercial and Americanized.

think hes writing about it since it was bought by capital

during the day its trash but night is decent

I felt like my points didn't make sense in what they were replying to and following from - if we'd already acknowledged that it doesn't make sense if he was writing an article about how its going to have changed from last year's Choice FM to this new Capital Xtra.

The Playlist system seems to work best for Radio stations in maintaining audience numbers and getting that ad revenue.

That's why they go that route.

If you want variation then you're gonna have to go Pirate, came across Omega fm not too long ago, got some interesting presenters on there.