Arsenal 2014/15 Thread

Seth Rollins

Arsène Wenger says Arsenal have a “50-50 chance” of signing Villarreal centre-back Gabriel Paulista with negotiations over a £15m deal progressing well.

Any transfer for the Brazilian will be complicated by work permit issues. Gabriel has not yet featured for his country, meaning the club would have to appeal for an exemption under the “exceptional talent” rule.

The Spanish club are holding out for their €20m buy-out clause with Arsenal preferring to pay a lower up-front fee, thought to be around £6m, with add ons. The manager believes the two clubs are close to an agreement before adding it was “50-50”.

“The talks are progressing quite well. Can we find an agreement or not? I don’t know. We are slowly progressing and there’s a chance. It’s 50/50,” he said on Thursday. “We are ready to pay the price for a player if he is good enough. If the price is right, we will pay.”

Advertisement

Wenger said the club would battle to get Gabriel’s a work permit should the deal go through rather than wait until the summer when changes to the system would make getting a visa easier.

“First of all, I don’t understand the logic of this rule. Secondly if a player we want needs a work permit we’ll defend it [the application] now. We don’t necessarily want to do it in the summer. We are short now so no mater what the rules are, we have to do it now.”

Asked if Gabriel could represent the end of his January business, should he arrive, Wenger says “not necessarily.”

we always get shegged on work permits tbf

Arsène Wenger says Arsenal have a “50-50 chance” of signing Villarreal centre-back Gabriel Paulista with negotiations over a £15m deal progressing well.

Any transfer for the Brazilian will be complicated by work permit issues. Gabriel has not yet featured for his country, meaning the club would have to appeal for an exemption under the “exceptional talent” rule.

The Spanish club are holding out for their €20m buy-out clause with Arsenal preferring to pay a lower up-front fee, thought to be around £6m, with add ons. The manager believes the two clubs are close to an agreement before adding it was “50-50”.

“The talks are progressing quite well. Can we find an agreement or not? I don’t know. We are slowly progressing and there’s a chance. It’s 50/50,” he said on Thursday. “We are ready to pay the price for a player if he is good enough. If the price is right, we will pay.”

Advertisement

Wenger said the club would battle to get Gabriel’s a work permit should the deal go through rather than wait until the summer when changes to the system would make getting a visa easier.

“First of all, I don’t understand the logic of this rule. Secondly if a player we want needs a work permit we’ll defend it [the application] now. We don’t necessarily want to do it in the summer. We are short now so no mater what the rules are, we have to do it now.”

Asked if Gabriel could represent the end of his January business, should he arrive, Wenger says “not necessarily.”

It's what happens when you sign unknown youngsters with 0 international caps

The law coming in next season will mean anyone that costs over 10m will automatically qualify for a WP

Advertisement

It's what happens when you sign unknown youngsters with 0 international caps

The law coming in next season will mean anyone that costs over 10m will automatically qualify for a WP

This will be amazing on FM :lol:

“We had identified Di María when he was 17,” Wenger said. “We wanted him to come here. But he goes to Portugal and from Portugal he goes to Spain. Why? Because he could not get a work permit. That means that he can only come to England once he’s worth a huge amount of money. What does it mean if at the end of the day he comes into the country anyway, with the only difference being it’s for a huge amount of money. And who do you pay that to? A club like Real Madrid, who don’t need the money.”

“We had identified Di María when he was 17,” Wenger said. “We wanted him to come here. But he goes to Portugal and from Portugal he goes to Spain. Why? Because he could not get a work permit. That means that he can only come to England once he’s worth a huge amount of money. What does it mean if at the end of the day he comes into the country anyway, with the only difference being it’s for a huge amount of money. And who do you pay that to? A club like Real Madrid, who don’t need the money.”

always should of would of could of with this guy.

This room is crazy :rofl:

Walcott is the best finisher at the club. Anyone posting Giroud needs to go watch last season, mainly Chelsea 6-0 first 10 minutes. He's dreadful.

Walcott is who you want 1 on 1 with the goalie every single time. I've not watched Sanchez enough 1 on 1 to say him besides the finish against Sunderland for his first goal.

THEM FINISHES THERE. BODIED THAT CHANCE.

THEM FINISHES THERE. BODIED THAT CHANCE.

didnt do so well with the second one though, where he was straight on with the keeper n dat, lets at least be objective

my boy described what i been tryna say bout walcott yday, that he is good from angles, obvs that cutting in angle being one of his best

straight on 1 v 1 he aint as clinica/confident, excited for the boy though he gonna be a big part of our success

/

some of our defending yday, mad ball watching guys not even putting in a challenge, their first goal was basic as fuck, monreal needs to cut asap we need another deadwood purge

/

chambers looked decent at rb, think he struggles against proper pace in that position but anyone else he's comfortable, promising as he looks at cb i'd still love to see wenger turn him into coqs partner at the dm position would be lovely jubbly

/

where can i download/stream arsenal games, no torrents safe

Arsenal's win record with Wilshere in their side this season is a lowly 37 per cent, whereas without the midfielder, the Gunners have a win percentage more than double that number.

gonna be so peak when he returns and is shoehorned into the lineup.

im already shook about this oezil scenario