Arsenal 2014/15 Thread

Seth Rollins

Monaco are lucky we never nicked a second before half time. The way they set out and faded after 10 minutes they couldn't stay camped in their half for 90 minutes. Scored the second way too late. We needed at least another 20 minutes after the second to stand a chance, but 10 minutes was too much to ask.

This is gonna sound knee jerk and even ungrateful but despite being a point away from second and in the FA Cup Semis against Reading I'm not happy with the season. Losses in key fixtures has cost us being taken seriously. Winning the CL wasn't happening but looking at who's still in it we should have beat Monaco and could have at least achieved semis I think.

And worst case, we beat Reading and have to face Steven Gerrard on his birthday in his last ever Liverpool game. I suppose 2nd and retain the cup would be seen as progress...

Barcelona

Barcelona

Munich

Munich

Monaco

F**king Monaco. Jesus. The squad players anywhere else in the top 4-6 would be dead wood they got to go summer.

Flamini, Diaby, Arteta (f**k knows why he renewed the contract), Mertesacker, Sanogo (loan out again), Podolski all gotta be moved on at least 3/6. And what of Joel Campbell on his return?

Thanks for your input as always Lenny

You're a nice lad but your 100% pro Arsenal stance bugs me. You're like the opposite to Drift

Doesn't matter if we start the season poorly and finish well or vice versa.

The end result is always the same.

We all could have predicted what would have happened last night, after getting embarrassed as usual in the first leg

Sometimes I think I see progress but It's always false

because he doesn't 'put in a shift'

....according to the UK media

Pretty much this , it dosnt matter if he runs more than any other arsenal player in this country you are applauded for charging around like a madman regardless of if what you are doing is actually helping or effective. Eg Rooney, and a bunch of other English players, even Alexis
  • Upvote 1

In any other league, combined with his behaviour off the pitch Jack Wilshere would have been sold and playing for a mid table team.

He "puts in a shift", loves a tackle. Can dribble, go forward blah blah blah. This country knows nothing about football and roles. That's why Özil is slaughtered over here.

/

Arteta: I don't hate him, but he's the signing that should have come in when we had Cesc. He shouldn't replace him, and even then, he certainly shouldn't have replaced Song in the DM role after having a good season in the more advanced role. It's unfair on him, I like him as a footballer ,but come on man we wanna win the league and he's captain? Mertesacker is captain?

I don't even see another captain in our team.