The Official Chelsea Thread

Guest Chelsea Jack

10 hours ago, Toney Barton said:

People just using him as an example of someone who improved in his 20's.

Kane has defo improved every aspect of his game since he made his professional debut.

Bale another example.

It's up to the individual and the work they put in at the end of the day.

It's not. Sometimes a player hasn't got it in them (ability + football brain) no matter how much work is put in

Lukaku is one of those

• Like 1

Anyone remember Morten Gamst Pedersen?

He was naturally right footed, his father told him to retrain with his left at 15.

Then you have Trevor Brooking who trained his left as a kid.

He says you have to train with your left before you reach 7.

The age is arbitrary, only thing that matters is the hours you put in.

As a child you have more hours at your disposal, that is where the advantage lies not because of some magical brain shut off point.

Why would touch alone be an attribute that can't improve but finishing for example can?

• Like 1

Cazorla says his ambidexterity is down to hard work on the training field and a chance injury in his youth.

I have always preferred the right foot, ever since I was younger,” he said at the launch of Arsenal’s 2015/16 home shirt.” I was a little bit hurt in my right ankle once, and that is when I started to use my left foot a lot more.

“Everything comes from a base of hard work. After training sessions I would stay an extra half-an-hour and kick the ball against the wall with my weaker foot over and over again to make sure it becomes stronger and better. Players should remember that everything comes from hard work.”

Read more at https://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20150617/cazorla-how-i-became-so-two-footed#qETfEyFHabzBTGUM.99
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 09/02/2018 at 6:12 PM, Toney Barton said:

Anyone remember Morten Gamst Pedersen?

He was naturally right footed, his father told him to retrain with his left at 15.

Then you have Trevor Brooking who trained his left as a kid.

He says you have to train with your left before you reach 7.

The age is arbitrary, only thing that matters is the hours you put in.

As a child you have more hours at your disposal, that is where the advantage lies not because of some magical brain shut off point.

Why would touch alone be an attribute that can't improve but finishing for example can?

Fixed mindset v growth mindset. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sho'Case said:

Fixed mindset v growth mindset. 

Growth mindset is the reason players like Drogba appear from nowhere, go on a tear, still get stick from British media and drags his team to European glory. 

You can't improve your height, apart from that. I'm not convinced there's anything you can't improve if you put your mind and time into it. (That I can think of now anyway)

Footballing brain; check early Ryan Giggs to late 20's Giggs, Same with Keane

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/29326/11277872/gary-neville-responds-to-antonio-contes-criticism-after-chelsea-loss-to-man-city

These man are clueless

Conte - "We prepared the game in this way, don’t concede space between the lines, also because when you play against City you have to use your brain, otherwise you risk to end the game in a bad way & lose three, 4-0"

giphy.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Antonio Rudiger - 

“For me, it’s not easy to explain. I don’t understand why after 1-0 we always drop and let the opponent get more ball possession.”

Think we’re into double digits for players speaking out about our dead tactics in public.