Police Shoot Dead 12-Year-Old Holding Fake Gun

Heero Yuy

Heero coming off a bit naive here

:/

I don't think it's naive to suggest that police should be able to neutralise a threat in the manner they deem suitable. But if they're only trained to kill then you're always gonna have incidents like this.

Bro fly out to see me and I'll take you to the range and teach you to shoot a Glock 17

Believe me you won't be asking these questions afterwards

We'll get a couple beers afterwards too I like you bro

Like I keep repeating there is no other option for the officer to take once he decides he has to shoot. The suspect could be a metre away or he could be 10 metres away, yet the outcome will more than likely be the same. Situations and scenario’s don’t count for anything it’s just a standard rule which seems like the best fit for most situations. Surely even you can admit, if you have more options you can make more choices, giving someone a 50% chance that they may make it out alive.

Again it's just the option of a choice. So the officers still could make the same decision, but at least you'd think , well they must have assessed all their options and that was the only one he could make.

I'll come for the beer :Y:

When someone's waving a firearm around there's no time to assess options

His other options are taser which he may or may have not had and which may or may have not stopped his target. Reality is when you go through military or law enforcement training you learn that if you need to shoot, you shoot to stop your target. Firing shots at legs and arms is not realistic unless you talking about delta force guys. If somebody pulls a gun you drop them, simple. The only options are him or me. Now maybe that sounds absurd when you're talking about a 12 year old, but it's not the kid that's the danger, it's the firearm he's holding

• Downvote 1

Heero coming off a bit naive here

:/

I don't think it's naive to suggest that police should be able to neutralise a threat in the manner they deem suitable. But if they're only trained to kill then you're always gonna have incidents like this.

Bro fly out to see me and I'll take you to the range and teach you to shoot a Glock 17

Believe me you won't be asking these questions afterwards

We'll get a couple beers afterwards too I like you bro

Like I keep repeating there is no other option for the officer to take once he decides he has to shoot. The suspect could be a metre away or he could be 10 metres away, yet the outcome will more than likely be the same. Situations and scenario’s don’t count for anything it’s just a standard rule which seems like the best fit for most situations. Surely even you can admit, if you have more options you can make more choices, giving someone a 50% chance that they may make it out alive.

Again it's just the option of a choice. So the officers still could make the same decision, but at least you'd think , well they must have assessed all their options and that was the only one he could make.

I'll come for the beer :Y:

When someone's waving a firearm around there's no time to assess options

His other options are taser which he may or may have not had and which may or may have not stopped his target. Reality is when you go through military or law enforcement training you learn that if you need to shoot, you shoot to stop your target. Firing shots at legs and arms is not realistic unless you talking about delta force guys. If somebody pulls a gun you drop them, simple. The only options are him or me. Now maybe that sounds absurd when you're talking about a 12 year old, but it's not the kid that's the danger, it's the firearm he's holding

This kid was not waving his firearm around, he had made no threats, he removed the gun from his waist and was shot twice. It was noted he didn’t point at the officers, so he may have well have wanted to drop it to the floor or shown them it’s not real. There were two officers there, one with 10 years experience and the other with less than a year. Why did only one of them feel the need to shoot and which one do you think it was?

Should the child have put his hands up? Absolutely. Should the fact he was a child have factored into it before shooting him dead? Like I said there isn’t a 1 rule fits all situations. And yes police are told that if they have to draw their weapon then to put the target down, and that’s where I disagree (based on what the scenario could be).

• Upvote 1

There are plenty of unjustifiable police killings you can talk about if you care to refer to google

From the information we have to hand this is not one of them this kid was 12 not 2

Police tell you "put your hands in the air, or we will shoot".

f*ck are you doing anything BUT putting your hands in the air for?

If the facts were as spoken then dis fi shoot (not necessarily fi dead).

However, there probably are a bunch of trigger happy police out there...but what are we gonna do about that? We can't punish thoughtcrimes (yet).

Best way to avoid it is not get caught up in situations where police could foreseeably get involved.

• Downvote 1

**GRAPHIC**
Deputy Kyle Dinkheller, Laurens County, GA, was minutes from being off duty when he encountered a speeding pickup truck going 98 mph. The deputy was an ICE (Interstate Criminal Enforcement) officer that dealt with traffic infractions, speeding and the occasional drug bust. This was a low risk or unknown risk stop for speeding. He radioed in the speeding infraction, made a U-turn in the median and pursued the vehicle. The driver, Andrew Brannan, stopped his vehicle, exited and started a crazy, dancing jig in the middle of the road while swearing at the officer and shouting Im a god-damned Vietnam vet. At first, he ignored Dinkhellers commands to step towards the deputy, which always began with `Sir. When he finally complied, he attacked the deputy and a scuffle ensued. The deputy implemented the use of his asp and ordered Brannan to `get back. This procedure was repeated, but after what appeared to be a second scuffle, the suspect returned to his vehicle and retrieved a M-I Carbine from under the seat. The first shots were fired nearly 50 seconds after Brannan returned to his vehicle despite the deputys commands. Brannan ignored the repeated commands to put the gun down and Deputy Dinkheller apparently fired the first shot. Brannan, a Vietnam veteran, advanced firing on the deputy. Dinkheller returned fire, but succeeded only in breaking a window in the drivers side of the pickup and wounding Brannan in the stomach. Using `suppressive fire, Brannan systematically, methodically shot Dinkheller in the arms, legs, exposed areas that would not be covered had Dinkheller been wearing a bulletproof vest, slowly executing him. Reloading his weapon Brannan continued firing with the final death shot to Dinkhellers right eye.

How many chances did he get?

The video should be titled 'When white privilege goes wrong'.

• Upvote 1