Romelu Lukaku

Mame Biram Diouf

Weak numbers for the amount of one on ones he misses as well as failing to look up to play a team mate in.

You tried to argue football is better now than what it was during 98-2002

Are you seeing the levels 

Christian Vieri would command £140M if he played in this current dusty era.

Vieri aged 23 hadnt even bagged double digits in a season, was sitting on 30 career goals

levels to this shit  

6 hours ago, FA23 said:

Having 3 first 11 strikers in the 4-2-3-1 era doesn't really work anyway, one of them is going to throw his toys out of the pram

we play with 2 strikers now

3 hours ago, Zizouz said:

we play with 2 strikers now

5-3-2?

Thought he was playing 4-3-3 in the friendlies?

4-2-4 with that defence :rofl:

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Romelu Lukaku claims Everton's lack of ambition is why he wants to leave in the summer as he says Tottenham star Harry Kane cannot teach him a thing

• Romelu Lukaku told Everton that he would not sign a new contract on Tuesday 
  • The Belgian striker says he wants to win trophies during his playing career 
  • Lukaku claimed Everton missed out on important signings over the last year
  • He says he can learn from Luis Suarez and Robert Lewandowski, not Harry Kane
  • But he insisted he is focused on doing what he can to help Everton improve

By Dominic King for the Daily Mail

PUBLISHED: 22:30, 15 March 2017 UPDATED: 09:06, 16 March 2017

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
4kshares

View comments

Romelu Lukaku laid bare his reasons for wanting to leave Everton this summer, citing the club's lack of ambition as the defining factor.

The Belgium international stunned Everton's hierarchy on Tuesday when he told them he would not commit to a new deal. The club had put together the biggest financial package in their history and were prepared to pay him in excess of £130,000 a week.

Talks had been ongoing since last summer and it appeared Lukaku would commit his future, only for the 23-year-old to perform a U-turn. Everton have not given up hope of changing his mind, but he does not want to be seen as duplicitous.

Romelu Lukaku has revealed that he thinks Everton's lack of ambition is holding the club back

+12

Romelu Lukaku has revealed that he thinks Everton's lack of ambition is holding the club back

Lukaku told Everton on Tuesday that he would not be willing to agree a new deal with the club

+12

Lukaku told Everton on Tuesday that he would not be willing to agree a new deal with the club

The Belgian striker was speaking at a Kick it Out event at Everton's training ground on Tuesday

+12

The Belgian striker was speaking at a Kick it Out event at Everton's training ground on Tuesday

This has not come down to him asking for more money or a dispute between Everton and Mino Raiola, his agent. But with two years left on his deal, he doesn't want to commit to a longer stay on Merseyside if Everton can't reach the heights Lukaku craves.

In a remarkable interview, Lukaku's frustration at not playing for a club that is competing in the Champions League bubbled over and he made it very clear he wants to be on a stage where he can fulfil his goals.

'Everton as a club have a great history, right?' Lukaku said. 'But the future has to be written. You get me? We always talk about the teams of the 1980s and, if you look, it was great. But we, as players, want the fans talking about us instead of us talking about them. No disrespect but you know what I mean?  

The 23-year-old says players want success and to stop talking about the teams of the 1980s

+12

The 23-year-old says players want success and to stop talking about the teams of the 1980s

'You cannot only be remembered by scoring goals. You want to be remembered by winning trophies. That is what the fans want. So instead of living in the past, you have to think ahead.

'How this club has to grow, how this club has to improve. Which player does it want to bring in so you can challenge for the big trophies?

'Sometimes I speak to Vincent Kompany, who was at Manchester City when it all happened. He said, "Rom, one summer I just came in and boom, boom, boom… Robinho from there, this guy came in, this guy came in".

'Everyone was criticising them but, at the end, there are two league titles, FA Cup here, League Cups there. That is what we want as players.'

He cited the desire to win trophies as a big reason behind why he wanted to move

+12

He cited the desire to win trophies as a big reason behind why he wanted to move

Everton have tried to make big statements in the transfer market since Farhad Moshiri became the club's majority shareholder last February, but not all have come off.

'Stuff is happening,' said Lukaku. 'But there were some players we could have got, that I knew the club could have got and they didn't. And they are playing in this league. I'm not saying names but they are doing well.'

Lukaku clicks his fingers as he talks, stressing his desire for change. Everton want that too and it is unfair to say they lack ambition, given they spent heavily in January and have a vision to relocate to a new stadium, with a site at Bramley-Moore Dock on Liverpool's waterfront the preferred option.

Lukaku believes Everton missed out on important players that they could have signed

+12

Lukaku believes Everton missed out on important players that they could have signed

3E4EC30A00000578-0-image-a-20_1489606204

+12

But it is the following quick-fire exchange that shows where Lukaku sees himself and why he will look to move this summer, with Chelsea and Manchester United on red alert. He is sitting in the library at Everton's Finch Farm training base, after watching a coaching session with Everton in the Community's girls pan-disability team and he champions the work of the Community team. Soon, though, the tone changes.

He is the favourite to win the Premier League's Golden Boot and Lukaku is asked whether the achievement will be diminished with his rival, Harry Kane, not playing.

'I'm sad he is injured,' Lukaku began. 'Everyone wants to see top players in the league and it's sad for Tottenham and him. I hope he gets better and becomes stronger than he is now. He is a good player.'

The striker said he was sad Harry Kane is injured but does not think he can learn from him

+12

The striker said he was sad Harry Kane is injured but does not think he can learn from him

Is he a player that he looks to learn from? The response is as unexpected as it is ruthless. 'I don't look at other players if they aren't going to teach me anything,' came the reply. 'If I have the feeling you aren't going to teach me something, why should I look at you? That's the thing I have. I'm focused on Everton and what I am doing.'

Which players does he look at then? 'Suarez, Lewandowski, Benzema, Cavani,' he said, firing the names out. 'I'm not looking at the rest. No chance. I watch what they do in certain moments and I think "that's interesting". How close am I to them? I'm close. I'm one of the best strikers in the Premier League, 100 per cent.

'If I don't say I am one of the best, I'm shooting myself in the head. Can I be one of the best in the world? Definitely. But to do that, you need the platform to show yourself. Then you are talking about Champions League and whatever types of games.' 

Instead, he highlighted Barcelona forward Luis Suarez as one of his inspirations as a player

+12

Instead, he highlighted Barcelona forward Luis Suarez as one of his inspirations as a player

Robert Lewandowski is another striker that fits into Lukaku's range for players to learn from

+12

Robert Lewandowski is another striker that fits into Lukaku's range for players to learn from

Lukaku wanted to join a Champions League club last summer but Everton placed a £65million price tag on him. No official bid was received and Lukaku was persuaded to stay by manager Ronald Koeman. 

Everton do not have to sell Lukaku, who has scored 81 goals in 156 appearances. His value will have increased, even though he only has two years of his current deal remaining. 

But for the time being, he is not going to let the situation unsettle him.

But Lukaku says he wants to show his talents on a greater stage - the Champions League

+12

But Lukaku says he wants to show his talents on a greater stage - the Champions League

'I'm not scared of anything,' he said. 'I'm just playing football and trying to do whatever I can to help Everton become a better club. Like every team-mate. We want the best for the club because we have great facilities, good fans. An example like Everton in the Community who work hard. You have a good bunch of lads.

'But at the end of the day fans want to see trophies. Players want trophies so we need to try more, give a bit more. You should not shy away from it.

'If you don't win a trophy, something has gone wrong because if you have the belief that you can do something, you can do it. If you have the belief, you work and focus, then you can get it. Nothing is going to stop you. That's how I think.' 

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4317928/Romelu-Lukaku-wants-leave-Everton-win-trophies.html#ixzz4bUbMLwHW 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

All these Belgians chat too much

Wasn't De Bryune talking the other day about how he asked Mourinho for public training or some shit?

Kompany chats so much, pundits treat him like he's English. 

Courtois couldn't shut his mouth during Jose's last season.

• 3 weeks later...