Employment Background Checks

Mame Biram Diouf

Spent convictions have to be declared if you are applying for a job in finance

Depends who you work for tbh

Was most definately squeaky bum time for me

Didn't declare unspent convictions and one of my convictions spent the same week the DBS check got ran was thanking Jesu the ting took the full 2 weeks for them to process Even had to use my middle name at work as a precautionary measure incase one of my colleagues ever tries to google search me because it would be a WRAP if the lie I'm living ever gets unearthed

Was still shitting myself the first 3 months thinking I was getting fired any time my line manager called me into the office

Also had to give 5 years employment history, credit checks, give 3 years worth of bank statements and proof of address

sh*t was skressful

A mate of mine was interviewing some lad, 5 minutes before he came in, he googled his name. The first hit was a Daily Mail,article about how he worked at HSBC and stole people's deets to set up bullshit benefits accounts. Needless to say he didn't get the job.
/

A lad I know got sacked from UBS for, on his application, he put his resist A Level result down rather than the original one (knowingly) as they're only interested in your initial result and got the job. 2 months in & his MD comes over and tells him to pack his sh*t and leave. It took HR 2 months to run a background check and they still got rid of him

Rah

How did they even find that out?

When I joined my company, which is a FTSE 100 company, I got an email saying they needed to complete a background check.  I was shitting it because I lied about grades, but once I started completing it I realised they only went five years back so my grades weren't even relevant.  Completely caught me off guard though and made me realise how serious the company was.

I remember sitting in my old work canteen on my lunch with a table of about 12 people. Over half had been inside from armed robbery to drugs to one stabbing. No crb done. Up until that point I thought companies were serious about them, especially one of the biggest names in the UK.

thats got to be either a retail job,or they were cleaners

• Upvote 3

I remember sitting in my old work canteen on my lunch with a table of about 12 people. Over half had been inside from armed robbery to drugs to one stabbing. No crb done. Up until that point I thought companies were serious about them, especially one of the biggest names in the UK.

Yep was retail

ROFL

some bird i used to work with had to work there for a bit, got told by her boss to change how she talks as it was too posh and the staff were bitching about her constantly. the manager asked one of the nicer staff members to teach her some slang.

i swear down this is true, i was in bits when she told me loool

• Upvote 2

Spent convictions have to be declared if you are applying for a job in finance

Depends who you work for tbh

Was most definately squeaky bum time for me

Didn't declare unspent convictions and one of my convictions spent the same week the DBS check got ran was thanking Jesu the ting took the full 2 weeks for them to process

Even had to use my middle name at work as a precautionary measure incase one of my colleagues ever tries to google search me because it would be a WRAP if the lie I'm living ever gets unearthed

Was still shitting myself the first 3 months thinking I was getting fired any time my line manager called me into the office

Also had to give 5 years employment history, credit checks, give 3 years worth of bank statements and proof of address

sh*t was skressful

Well shiiiiiiiiiiit..... if everyone's out there telling cool stories, then i'm going to start adding a few to my CV

Bruv

Everything on my CV is a lie apart from the 3 months I was working my first ever job back in 2012

EVERYTHING

How did you get last the 5 year employment history? Theyd have had to check you bank account as well init?

Couple guys I know that own their own companies forwarded me the emails my employer sent them

I filled out the reference and sent it back to my guys

They then sent that on to my employer from their hr email

I made up the bank statements on photoshop

And for the period I said I was doing my degree I got a ref from a lecturer

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1