Week 27 - 17/18 Premier League / Champions League L16

User

>>>>> Studge

Fuck hazard

4 hours ago, Anderson said:

All this pogba hating is absolute nonsense and its boring. Hes not being played in a position/formation that brings out the best in him and is being asked to do things he is not comfortable doing. Whats so hard for people to understand about that?

I seem to have these same conversations about uniteds best players every single season. 

First it was Nani being shit despite him winning is the league when played regularly in his best position (right wing).

Then it was Di Maria being shit when played left wing in a 4-3-3 when he hadnt played there for years, then played CM for years before joining us, and ever since leaving us (both at much better teams) and was by a country mile our best centre mid but was only played there to begin with.

Now its Pogba being asked to play as a DM in a double pivot when hes never ever been a DM. The tactics and formation do nothing to play to his strengths. He is tasked as being the sole provider of creativity within a horribly rigid team in which Pirlo would struggle to create.

And yet this just seems to all get overlooked. 'For me, a centre midfielder should be able to tackle and defend a bit' or 'he should be dominating games for 100m'....all absolute bollocks. You dont buy a putter for your tee shot and expect the same results.

And amongst all of this, the truly truly awful players in the team just get picked every week with not a word said. Smalling ffs was an absolute shambles. Not a word. That whole back four is a joke, every week they play. How long can we seriously expect to play with Young and Valencia as full backs and expect to acheive anything.

And somehow its Pogbas fault. I think the reason it annoys me so much is because all that happens is, we finally get someone in who can actually ball...and he gets slaughtered and hammered then leaves and we are just left with the dross.

#noKompressor

100%

Haphazard/ a transfer policy resembling a panic will do this. Director of football with a long term top to bottom strategy will see much better results. 

Hopefully signings in the summer can help very the best out of the players we currently have and are under utilising.

7 hours ago, Drift said:

Scored in 100% more Cup finals than Thierry Henry.

Dunno why you keep referencing this, without putting more context like...

How many goals did giroud score against the top 6?

how many league titles did he win us?

how many times we made it past the last 16 with him as our striker?

No way he would’ve stayed being third choice and Auba is the upgrade we’ve been crying out for ffs. Man have been held captive to mediocrity  for so long they’ve fell in love with it like Stockholm syndrome.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Heero Yuy said:

Dunno why you keep referencing this, without putting more context like...

How many goals did giroud score against the top 6?

how many league titles did he win us?

how many times we made it past the last 16 with him as our striker?

No way he would’ve stayed being third choice and Auba is the upgrade we’ve been crying out for ffs. Man have been held captive to mediocrity  for so long they’ve fell in love with it like Stockholm syndrome.

I also called him a rotational striker and a Brexit Bully. It's tongue in cheek as for as much criticism as he received me managed to do one thing Henry never did.

26 minutes ago, Badman said:

Why does Giroud have to be compared to Henry that is not fair

Please respect Olivier he was the best striker at our club when he left 

Broke 100 goals and match winning contributions in cup finals. They can never take that away from him. Might also go down as the last player Wenger managed to get the best out of.