Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kerser

Players that are holding teams back from progressing?

140 posts in this topic

How/Why?

Someone said Gerrard for Liverpool but I don't know if it's true or not

lamps_682x400_1038038a.jpg

All of them

For club and country

And how is Rooney holding back United?

Can't be bothered to go round and round in circles. If you don't get it, you don’t get it.

A few years ago someone would have said "Mario Gomez scored 80 goals in 2 seasons, how is he holding back Bayern?"

We were 2nd with Gerrard in the team......

I get it, it's coming from a Man United fan so you feel you have to come out fighting to defend your club legend. But let's not act like Liverpool wouldn't be in a better position with a more mobile midfielder like Vidal or Gundagon.

^)

GerrRd and henderson

Lampard and ramires at chelsea

Giroud and arteta

GerrRd and henderson

Lampard and ramires at chelsea

Giroud and arteta

fraffing up the place

watch what hendo did today and say hes a waste of space

Olivier-Giroud-after-miss-008.jpg

honestly 

never seen such a limited first choice striker under arsene wenger.

theyve all either had athleticism and/or skill in abundance

this guy has neither.

We were 2nd with Gerrard in the team......

I get it, it's coming from a Man United fan so you feel you have to come out fighting to defend your club legend. But let's not act like Liverpool wouldn't be in a better position with a more mobile midfielder like Vidal or Gundagon.

:/ 

What a silly comment to make. That's like me saying we would be in better position if we had Messi

No its not you c*nt.

Although he has adapted his game as the years have gone by Gerrard in 2013 is past his prime. There's a long list of young and more mobile midfielders that could improve Liverpool's overall performance in open play like the 2 players I just mentioned.

OK but untill said players are at Liverpool with Gerrard playing ahead of them you can't say he's holding them back

Olivier-Giroud-after-miss-008.jpg

honestly 

this guy has neither.

He has skill, a beautiful touch, just doesn't have the hunger and athleticism needed to be a real top class striker, but as a footballer you won't find many strikers whoa are better, honestly.

honestly 

this guy has neither.

He has skill, a beautiful touch, just doesn't have the hunger and athleticism needed to be a real top class striker, but as a footballer you won't find many strikers whoa are better, honestly.

when i say skill i mean what rvp has. what bergkamp had. those levels. 

OK but untill said players are at Liverpool with Gerrard playing ahead of them you can't say he's holding them back

And that brings me to my next point. Would some of those said players join Liverpool in the first place knowing that they won't be guaranteed a first team spot because they're up against the club captain/legend who because of that may stay in the starting 11 for another 3-5 years until he retires?

For example what if Rodgers wanted a CM in January who is in his prime but that player told him his national coach said he's not taking bench warmers to Brazil?

Can Rodgers take the risk of disrupting the squad harmony and upsetting the majority of his fan base by the dropping the club legend/captain even if it's for the best?

Now you've got a situation where the scouting reports could be filled with CMs who have potential and don't mind hanging around for a few years as squad players rather than CMs in their prime who could go straight into the first team and help Liverpool progress now.

Dont agree with giroud hes still better than chamakh, bendtner and gerv, its just we failed to get a top striker so all the weight is on his shoulders and hes not that guy

And that brings me to my next point. Would some of those said players join Liverpool in the first place knowing that they won't be guaranteed a first team spot because they're up against the club captain/legend who because of that may stay in the starting 11 for another 3-5 years until he retires?

For example what if Rodgers wanted a CM in January who is in his prime but that player told him his national coach said he's not taking bench warmers to Brazil?

Can Rodgers take the risk of disrupting the squad harmony and upsetting the majority of his fan base by the dropping the club legend/captain even if it's for the best?

Now you've got a situation where the scouting reports could be filled with CMs who have potential and don't mind hanging around for a few years as squad players rather than CMs in their prime who could go straight into the first team and help Liverpool progress now.

Gerrard won't be here for another 3-5 years.

I think if we win the league in the next two years he will retire.

We may get a DM in January, but i think a forward will be a more pressing concern for Rogers, we already have a decent amount of Cms given when Sturridge comes back in some games we may only play two in the middle.

Not Giroud's fault 

He needs competition, hes way too comfy being automatic first choice 

Every other club competing for the league has got it

Of course its his fault, he works hard & is a nice footballer BUT his finishing can be suspect and he doesn't make goals out of nothing.

The guy is only striker of note at the club, not been injured or suspended all season, and still is not our top scorer.

Giroud doing his best

He is not good enough but you should only blame Wenger for him tbh. Just like Chamakh, Gervinho etc

Ivanovic, Cahill, Lampard, Torres & Cole.