Hey Ladies! Hair and Hair Alike.

Natalie

Grease IS bad for your hair. Ever since I stopped using it, my hair's grown longer. If you wanna add moisture to your scalp use something light (Elasta QP Mango butter FTW)
i've got that...how often do you use it?

Im pissed really, my hair has decided to change, used to be tight ringlets up until a few years ago and now its medium to loose curls.I have alot of hair and its long, been wanting to cut it for ages but im to scared incase i hate it.
KayGee, where are you from (race)?

woy oy i had to cut my hair cause of relaxing and sh*t.what products should i use to make it grow.
feedback pls
everyones hair is differentup a pic
i see what you tried to do here but i wont be suckered ini havent got crop circles gracejust want some tips
lawl oktry kuza indian hemp hair greaseindian%20hemp-41.JPGwas what i was using up til i did the locs, it has bits in it tho so u proper have to brush ur hairbut it is true, theres such a variation across the board in black peoples hair, one product dont work for alli also used to use LeKair%20Shampoo%2020oz.jpg/stop relaxin ( bad for ur hair, not a good look for u)

Grease IS bad for your hair. Ever since I stopped using it, my hair's grown longer. If you wanna add moisture to your scalp use something light (Elasta QP Mango butter FTW)
i've got that...how often do you use it?
On the directions it says every day (I'm assuming they mean on the hair itself) but I use it whenever I wash my hair. I'm too lazy to be moisturising every day.

I've got tight curls but my hair is so damaged its unbelieveable. It's so thin n short now. I wanna treat it but I dunno where to start kmt.
Aphogee?I need to do one myself cos my edges are terrible, but I refuse to go to the hairdressers. I know you can by the diy kit from the hair shop though.

growin locs right now, since september 2008i use this mango and lime spray an my hairs growin a lot faster than it did before, but the locs are takin tiiiime to setand grease is supposed to be bad cos it clogs up ur hair follicles, preventing ur hair from breathin an growin, for me tho it was constant brushin an combin an redoin that was jus makin my hair break off
*hi fives* i recently bought that mango & lime spray and since ive been using it my hair has grown a lot it's good. Like you said also tho my hair is taking longgg to lock went and got it re twisted today and the hairdresser said its coming along nicely.Glad i decided to locks up actually its suits me.
I wanna grow nice thin locks myself after this summer.Thing is my hair grows veeery quickly (like an inch every couple months) but compresses at the same time, bare kinky.Now, I don't want to do too much to it in terms of hot-combing and definitely do not want to use any chemicals becaue I see these bitches with hair that comes like straw.But when my hair meets the right length how would I go about un-kinking it?Or would it be kool to work on it how it will be? Because with it being too straight it obv wouldnt work.EDIT:
Consider that dreadlocks work best on those with curly or very kinky hair. If you have thin, straight or wavy hair, you may want to give yourself a home perm with very thin rods. The perm will impart the needed texture.
:D

growin locs right now, since september 2008i use this mango and lime spray an my hairs growin a lot faster than it did before, but the locs are takin tiiiime to setand grease is supposed to be bad cos it clogs up ur hair follicles, preventing ur hair from breathin an growin, for me tho it was constant brushin an combin an redoin that was jus makin my hair break off
*hi fives* i recently bought that mango & lime spray and since ive been using it my hair has grown a lot it's good. Like you said also tho my hair is taking longgg to lock went and got it re twisted today and the hairdresser said its coming along nicely.Glad i decided to locks up actually its suits me.
I wanna grow nice thin locks myself after this summer.Thing is my hair grows veeery quickly (like an inch every couple months) but compresses at the same time, bare kinky.Now, I don't want to do too much to it in terms of hot-combing and definitely do not want to use any chemicals becaue I see these bitches with hair that comes like straw.But when my hair meets the right length how would I go about un-kinking it?Or would it be kool to work on it how it will be? Because with it being too straight it obv wouldnt work.EDIT:
Consider that dreadlocks work best on those with curly or very kinky hair. If you have thin, straight or wavy hair, you may want to give yourself a home perm with very thin rods. The perm will impart the needed texture.
:D
what that quote said basically, you can start locsing from now. saw some little mixrace boy in the hairdressers yesterday his hair as soo soft i dont know why he was bothering to loc's up its clearly gonna take forever

Nola when did you locs up? / aint no one dropping pics?Safe for that spray smads, i pay £6 for some small morriss roots ting and was thinking i'm SURE there's suttin cheaper out there.Mine took time to completely form aswell, like over a year. Had couple at the back that came out by the time i had a next appointment, was lonnng.You've gotta have mad patience to locs up.Well, I too am happy to be nappy.Will be 2 years on October 6th.They've reached a nice length i absolutely love them now, i can get them styled (like cainrow) or put them back in one or just let dem do their ting.

woy oy i had to cut my hair cause of relaxing and sh*t.
/ lol @ jubez feeling no way to mention that.

my hair is breaking at the ends, i need to sort out all the splitness and get a trim.hate the hairdressers though, they always try and attempt to do some myra hindly hairstyle on me.

Nola when did you locs up? / aint no one dropping pics?Safe for that spray smads, i pay £6 for some small morriss roots ting and was thinking i'm SURE there's suttin cheaper out there.Mine took time to completely form aswell, like over a year. Had couple at the back that came out by the time i had a next appointment, was lonnng.You've gotta have mad patience to locs up.Well, I too am happy to be nappy.Will be 2 years on October 6th.They've reached a nice length i absolutely love them now, i can get them styled (like cainrow) or put them back in one or just let dem do their ting.
woy oy i had to cut my hair cause of relaxing and sh*t.
/ lol @ jubez feeling no way to mention that.
erm i locs up like febuary times, so its been about 5 months like you said tho you do need a lot patience and i dont have any lol. When i see women on road with some heavy styles im like ohhh hurry up hair man lol.

Guest Lisa Turtle

Soca if you want to strengthen your hair I suggest a hair mayonnaise treatment (with 1 egg beaten into it) once a week for six weeksI recommend Africa's Best hair mayonnaise.It takes time to apply it properly but you need to section your hair and paint the conditioner on with a relaxer brush then put a shower cap on it.Obviously you need to do that before you shampoo your hairThen wash your hair with Mizani renew strength fortifying shampoo (its expensive, but its amazing)Keep it moisturised and let it dry naturally, I know you have curly hair so comb through a detangling spray every other day and keep it up in a bun.Good diet and plenty of water does wonders for your hair too.Last but not least you need need need to wrap it up in a silk scarf over night because not wrapping it makes it more likely to breakIf you're trying to grow your hair, c/s indian hemp massaged into your scalp, regular treatment and and trims. You will notice a big change in 3 months.As for relaxing, its part and parcel of me now, if you only relax your regrowth (people get way too relaxer happy these days), treat and trim regularly, its not really that detrimental to your hair at all IMO

Soca if you want to strengthen your hair I suggest a hair mayonnaise treatment (with 1 egg beaten into it) once a week for six weeksI recommend Africa's Best hair mayonnaise.It takes time to apply it properly but you need to section your hair and paint the conditioner on with a relaxer brush then put a shower cap on it.Obviously you need to do that before you shampoo your hairThen wash your hair with Mizani renew strength fortifying shampoo (its expensive, but its amazing)Keep it moisturised and let it dry naturally, I know you have curly hair so comb through a detangling spray every other day and keep it up in a bun.Good diet and plenty of water does wonders for your hair too.Last but not least you need need need to wrap it up in a silk scarf over night because not wrapping it makes it more likely to breakIf you're trying to grow your hair, c/s indian hemp massaged into your scalp, regular treatment and and trims. You will notice a big change in 3 months.As for relaxing, its part and parcel of me now, if you only relax your regrowth (people get way too relaxer happy these days), treat and trim regularly, its not really that detrimental to your hair at all IMO
:D:D:D Surely she can't be ser..Nah.

I'm keeping my hair short and sweet like how it was in my previous avi image.Its growing tho so i curl it at the back down the centre and keep it straight slicked down at the sides.It breaks sometimes but not as much as it used to.