Look under 25?

Thun

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in Co-op the other day, they asked me for i.d. (fair enough) and then told me that they wouldnt serve me alcohol because i had a child with me.. wtf is that?
:lol: People are making up there own laws on the spot
shops can serve who they like though. It is THEIR property.
Yea but they try say its company policy, i wouldnt mind if i was with a 14-17 year old because that could look like i was buying it for them but my cousin is only 7.
TBH, I don't get why a shop would care, since it is not illegal to sell you the drink, even if the kid grabbed it outside and ran with it.

ive been turned away too, i thought it was stupid as well. she said i looked under 25 and i said i am, but im over 18, and i said the drinking age is 18 right? she looked confused herself, she called her managernot knowing that im THAT customer who will sit/stand there till closing time until i get it sorted..she tried talking rubbishafter 10mins she gave up and said next time she wdnt let me off.

tbh if ur a fully grown adult u should have sum form on id on u when ur out any way
why? apart from a drivers license no full grown adult in the UK needs a photo ID with proof of age. but i had my drivers license tbh in my pocket but i just thought it stupid asking me to show ID cos i looked under 25, when the law is 18+.credit cards are not gonna be accepted so they profile based on looks

this sh*t is a joke, i got turned away from a 12a in croydon for not having id (im 17 btw)smfh!!!
bruv shutup
?
i was in a mood from a unrelated convo that just happened before, excuse me for the outburstbut it just seems a bit silly saying "this sh*t is a joke" when you're actually under the limit anyway
i thought people were just talking about id's in general, i meant a 12a movie
ohhh my bad, i apoligize againlol @ being ID'd for a 12 movie, some next par

don't know how you can find it confusing tbh
What I find confusing is that the law is 18 but if you look under 25 you got to show i.d.Why not stick to what the law is and not do some silly Challenge 25 initiativeWill this start appying to other things like 18 films?
Thun you're making it hard for me to believe the next link you post to a conpisracy theory. and i would really like to believe it. stop talking please.
I think I make a valid pointThe law is 18 but you got to look over 25 to buy itNot any conspiracy theory just pointing out how dumb there 25 Challenge is
You can still buy it you idiot.. Just have to be ID'd, it's to stop under 18s that look older buying alcohol etc.
Like it aint so you dumb prickI know what they are trying to say but THE LAW IS 18 BUT IF YOU LOOK UNDER 25 YOU GOT TO SHOW IDThey should just stop selling drink if they are so worried that people that might look over 18 might get servedJust makes everyone else have to show i.d. which is dumb
Allow crying about it, how hard is it to carry a driving license.And shops do it as they get checked and if anyone in the shop is caught selling alcohol to under 18s the shop loses their license to sell alcohol.That's why all the main shops are on it hard, I work at a checkout and the way they check over your shoulder with every person buying alcohol is mad.

ive been turned away too, i thought it was stupid as well. she said i looked under 25 and i said i am, but im over 18, and i said the drinking age is 18 right? she looked confused herself, she called her managernot knowing that im THAT customer who will sit/stand there till closing time until i get it sorted..she tried talking rubbishafter 10mins she gave up and said next time she wdnt let me off.
your the reason they've put this policy into place tbh

Why not stick to what the law is and not do some silly Challenge 25 initiativeWill this start appying to other things like 18 films?
+
The real problems in the UK are:- kids standing outside shops asking people to go in and buy them booze (so easy to do, and the shops dont care)- people getting served in bars/clubs when they are already intoxicated (apparently this is actually illegal but not enforced)

This is a load of bollocks, the law on alchohol is f*cked. U know if u serve an underage person in a pub, it's the barman that gets fined, same applies to serving someone who's driving. Like i'm supposed to go outside and namecheck everyone who came in a car? If they wanna stop ppl drinking underage, they need to make drinking no big thing. It's funny, it never occurs to these people that the reason ppl wanna get so out of their face all the time is because their own lives are so horribly unfulfilling.

theres only one shop i can go into and get alcohol widout Id, but thats only cos i think he likes me..Every shop i go into i get asked for I.D dnt find it to be a problem tho altho they all seem to say the say thing ""ahh u look really young""..i really dont!!